Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Got to hope that with 34 points Wolves aren’t too fussed about this game with plenty more to go for them. 

We need a high tempo start. The Bournemouth game was embarrassing…

No chance will they relax. We need to fire from the off and go for the win.

If we lose this then I think we are done. We do not have any get out of jail cards left 

• Like 1

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

No chance will they relax. We need to fire from the off and go for the win.

If we lose this then I think we are done. We do not have any get out of jail cards left 

I think he's getting at this isn't a win at all costs game for Wolves. Of course they'll want to wrap up safety as soon as possible, but realistically they don't need much to stay up and losing to us won't define if they do or don't, where as for us it pretty much does 

• Like 2

Another thing that makes this game vitally important for you is that after this match you play Tuesday, Monday, Monday, Monday. You'll be playing catchup over everyone else and if they get points on the board then it's even more pressure to get results in those winnable games. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

If Barnes was fit next Saturday, I'd definitely give him a look as a striker. He has to be in the team, an if we play the 3-5-2 there isn't space for him in the team other than as a striker, and I agree he's more use to the team than either Vardy or Daka.

Barnes is the best in the prem at one twos, perhaps him doing that in the center of the attack wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

😂

I’m sure someone on here posted only yesterday that if Justin hasn’t picked up his ACL, we’d have finished fourth?!

I looked at the post quizzically and reassured myself that it MUST have been written tongue in cheek.

😂

Justin who was probably our best player that season up until his injury? 

• Like 2

Probably the worst opponents we could have as a win at all cost home game.

They have quality like Villa and palace but also a class manager who accepts nothing but 100% commitment.

Sadly to just turn up and beat these looks miles off - all the tinkering in the world you need an organised strong base through the middle of the team but we have nothing like - average keeper, don’t know our best centre backs, no bite in midfield and lack of striking consistency.

we need evans so much it’s roll him out next week at all costs alongside Souttar - Faes is a liability and I don’t buy all the Cags rubbish - he was bang average and remains bang average plus he’s leaving so rather have Souttar plus it will be costa up top so Harry can keep up and physically compete with him. Full backs will be Thomas and Castagne based upon yesterday than less Ricky does a Lazarus. Midfield is so weak 

- Tielemans, Mendy and Praet for me ! Then Kel, Maddison and pray for Barnes to be fit.

We need to get ahead but just can’t see it - think the owner and CEO left it too late - Wolves will be too organised and best is a draw but see them taking it 2-1 !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Iversen

Faes - Souttar - Soyuncu

Castagne                                                  Kristiansen

Mendy - Tielemans

Maddison

Iheanacho - Daka

Take Ndidi out of the limelight, try and get Mendy playing like he did against Chelsea and Spurs. There's enough in there I would say to match Wolves and more. Iheanacho has to start. 

I would go for this if we had Riccy fit. I think with Castagne as a wing back we aren’t as effective. We need to find a way to get 2 upfront but also being effective down both flanks. No pressure Deano

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

I would go for this if we had Riccy fit. I think with Castagne as a wing back we aren’t as effective. We need to find a way to get 2 upfront but also being effective down both flanks. No pressure Deano

Yeah it's a shame we're so depleted with a total lack of wide options.

Need Evans back for this one. We lack a cool head at the back. Must start a lot quicker too as Wolves usually make it tough for us at the KP. 

Cannot see Wolves taking it easy, one win and they are safe and they will see us as the easiest opportunity to take those 3 points, really tough fixture. 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

He's out for quite a few weeks.

So I guess we won't see him til well into May.

Ricardo out for quite a few weeks!

Surely not!

The man really is made of blancmange.

Such a shame. He’s a good player 

9 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

It's becoming clear it's 3 from 5 now as West Ham on 31 points and upwards are all bar the shouting safe 

Us Red Shite and Southampton most likely with Leeds and Everton outside bets 

Just posted exactly the same in the premier league thread!

• Like 1

The fact this mini league for safety in the space of 3/4 games has gone from 9 to realistically 5 is another reason that Top and co acted way too late.

I want to be positive about this game but can see Wolves scoring early (story of our season) with us huffing and puffing and losing our 21st game in the league 😢

5 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Barnes is the best in the prem at one twos, perhaps him doing that in the center of the attack wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

...I  wouldn’t say he is the best, but he does link up well with Nacho and that is a good reason for Nacho to be in the team!!!

I think he would make a very good forward, you will see a much more exquisite finisher, he has it in his locker. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  wouldn’t say he is the best, but he does link up well with Nacho and that is a good reason for Nacho to be in the team!!!

I think he would make a very good forward, you will see a much more exquisite finisher, he has it in his locker. 

Screenshot_20230416_182309_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.b809fc9a9a49bd2bdf7e8e2974752363.jpg