Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

10 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Screenshot_20230416_182309_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.b809fc9a9a49bd2bdf7e8e2974752363.jpg

...all very well and good, probably equivalent to scoring goals with their heads, nice to do but not a significant aspect of their game!!!

His link up play with Nacho is good although more to do with his inability to go pass defenders, one two's allows him to get pass defenders, it is too easy to shut him down.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

These are miles better than us, looks winnable compared to games like yesterday but I doubt we win it are confidence is too low

I wouldn't say we're miles better. We just got a decent manager in early enough to have a decent impact. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Probably the worst opponents we could have as a win at all cost home game.

They have quality like Villa and palace but also a class manager who accepts nothing but 100% commitment.

Sadly to just turn up and beat these looks miles off - all the tinkering in the world you need an organised strong base through the middle of the team but we have nothing like - average keeper, don’t know our best centre backs, no bite in midfield and lack of striking consistency.

we need evans so much it’s roll him out next week at all costs alongside Souttar - Faes is a liability and I don’t buy all the Cags rubbish - he was bang average and remains bang average plus he’s leaving so rather have Souttar plus it will be costa up top so Harry can keep up and physically compete with him. Full backs will be Thomas and Castagne based upon yesterday than less Ricky does a Lazarus. Midfield is so weak 

- Tielemans, Mendy and Praet for me ! Then Kel, Maddison and pray for Barnes to be fit.

We need to get ahead but just can’t see it - think the owner and CEO left it too late - Wolves will be too organised and best is a draw but see them taking it 2-1 !

There's nothing like optimism is there? Let's get real, they've won a couple and are now out of danger, but have been largely just as shite as us all season. It won't be easy no, far from it, because we are still a bit of a mess, regardless of a  new manager, and the pressure is such that it won't be an easy watch, but to suggest they are the worst opponents we could have is going a bit far. They are more than beatable.

Edited by FoxyJim1987
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
7 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

No chance will they relax. We need to fire from the off and go for the win.

If we lose this then I think we are done. We do not have any get out of jail cards left 

Completely agree.

Lopetegui looks to have them fired up big time. You can see he’s very bothered about results. They’ll be trying hard to win this. 
Tough game for us at the moment.

That first half against man city I felt really sorry for our players. They looked like

little amateur kids playing the big boys.

how far we have come and how quickly we have dropped in our own self belief and confidence. It’s frightning!

59 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

These are miles better than us, looks winnable compared to games like yesterday but I doubt we win it are confidence is too low

No they’re not. They’ve been shite for most of the season. No one below 10th is ‘miles’ better than anyone, we’re all as shit as one another.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I wouldn't say we're miles better. We just got a decent manager in early enough to have a decent impact. 

I think when you have watched us at the weekend you will beg to differ - on paper not much between us sadly it’s on the green stuff next Saturday 😂

51 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Evans is past it. We can’t rely on him or Vardy anymore.

...Vardy getting a lot of stick, some posters talk about him like something that they have stepped in!!!

Noticed he was trying to close down their defence, but getting no support. This seems to happen all the time with him, if we press we press together not allow avenues for a team to easily play out of their defence. With the experience that he brings, he knows when and how to press, but his teammates are just not tuned to do the same.

When Vardy came into the team he was pretty much doing the right things, but his teammates were not reading him and failed to be where they needed to be, as he sought to supply. Now coming to the end of his career he is going through the same thing all over again.

On 15/04/2023 at 19:40, Nod.E said:

DO NOT PLAY KDH 

DO NOT PLAY N'DIDI

DO NOT PLAY VARDY 

Follow these three steps and watch us win.

Huge, huge game.

Also add Amartey to that list. Although I doubt we'll see much of him now Smith has brought Soyuncu back in and Evans is on the way back. 

• Like 2

No matter how many points we've picked up since the World Cup we've also been horrendous at times, losing to Leeds and Bournemouth at home. There have been some good results too, but only the last two games have we found a formation and settled side that can play well. We still look vulnerable at the back but are defending well collectively at the minute. 

It's gonna be an even low scoring game in all likelihood. I'd take a draw but we're more than capable of winning if we score first. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

No matter how many points we've picked up since the World Cup we've also been horrendous at times, losing to Leeds and Bournemouth at home. There have been some good results too, but only the last two games have we found a formation and settled side that can play well. We still look vulnerable at the back but are defending well collectively at the minute. 

It's gonna be an even low scoring game in all likelihood. I'd take a draw but we're more than capable of winning if we score first. 

Meh...

Go and have a shit in the woods!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1