Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

No matter how many points we've picked up since the World Cup we've also been horrendous at times, losing to Leeds and Bournemouth at home. There have been some good results too, but only the last two games have we found a formation and settled side that can play well. We still look vulnerable at the back but are defending well collectively at the minute. 

It's gonna be an even low scoring game in all likelihood. I'd take a draw but we're more than capable of winning if we score first. 

We are like a bunch of spotty 16 year old lads, can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money

our only chance is to out score you and that's not likely either :cry:

• Like 1

So torn on what I'd do with the midfield. Not a single convincing option at the minute bar Tielemans. I don't think Mendy is quite the saviour people think, Ndidi needs taking out of this, KDH the same. But we're not going to be able to.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

No matter how many points we've picked up since the World Cup we've also been horrendous at times, losing to Leeds and Bournemouth at home. There have been some good results too, but only the last two games have we found a formation and settled side that can play well. We still look vulnerable at the back but are defending well collectively at the minute. 

It's gonna be an even low scoring game in all likelihood. I'd take a draw but we're more than capable of winning if we score first. 

You keep giving me hope. Stop it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

So torn on what I'd do with the midfield. Not a single convincing option at the minute bar Tielemans. I don't think Mendy is quite the saviour people think, Ndidi needs taking out of this, KDH the same. But we're not going to be able to.

I agree, the midfield is what gets us relegated. Dewsbury-Hall and Ndidi can't play. Leaves us with Mendy and Tielemans, hardly a very physical and defensively robust midfield, not suited to playing in a two at all, so we'll have to play Praet as well probably, which isn't inspiring either. Need Iheanacho and Maddison to carry us hard.

• Like 1

The Trio need to make sure they know there best starting 11 Ndidi was at fault for all 3 goals at Manchester and has had more than enough bad games to bench him, Vardy isn’t a starter anymore and the sooner they see this the better would rather start Nacho or Daka but would love to see Barnes as a makeshift striker which could really bring in a few goals et al Vardy early seasons at LCFC, Iversen improving each week Cags coming back something we’ve been waiting for back from the Wodgers wilderness !!

if The Trio can get us to pull our socks up get back our confidence that Rodgers destroyed then I’m so sure we can avoid the drop Madders looks like a lost soul at times he definitely needs a kick up the arse to pull hi. Back from the Rodgers Darkness, 

I’ll go for 

Iversen

Faes.      Souttar    Souyuncu 

Castagne                                       Kristiansen 

Mendy         Tielemans 

Maddison 

Nacho          Daka 

COYB IN THE TRIO WE TRUST !

• Like 2

I’d be going quite attacking. We can’t play 5 at the back at Home we need to go for it , our best players are attacking players. 

Madders  also played on the right before the WC and did well for England in this position 

Iversen

Castagne 

Soyuncu

Souttar 

Kris

Ndidi

Tielemens

Maddison 

Ihenancho (in the hole)

Barnes / Tete

Daka 

33 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I’d be going quite attacking. We can’t play 5 at the back at Home we need to go for it , our best players are attacking players. 

Madders  also played on the right before the WC and did well for England in this position 

Iversen

Castagne 

Soyuncu

Souttar 

Kris

Ndidi

Tielemens

Maddison 

Ihenancho (in the hole)

Barnes / Tete

Daka 

Iversen

Castagne > or Faes if our midfield can’t hold <

Soyuncu

Souttar 

Kris

Mendy..  >my preference<

Tielemens

Maddison 

Ihenancho (in the hole)

Tete..     > After hamstring Barnes from Bench,we need him for the next games<

Daka 

If we can score..!!   wolves will take more midfield possession, we need a better clinical

conversion rate…..score 4-2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

if The Trio can get us to pull our socks up get back our confidence that Rodgers destroyed then I’m so sure we can avoid the drop Madders looks like a lost soul at times he definitely needs a kick up the arse to pull hi. Back from the Rodgers Darkness, 

...felt that this come happen coming back from England duty and having that effect on the England team performance!!!

Coming back would be an anticlimax and hard to motivate yourself to go again. He will have to get used to having to readjust everytime he goes away, let’s hope he can refocus on his club duties again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

If you score first......you will win!

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Ricardo out for quite a few weeks!

Surely not!

The man really is made of blancmange.

Such a shame. He’s a good player 

I feel so sorry for him. He was near indestructible until Grealish took his knee out - he even played til the end of that game when we should have taken him off. Then we rushed him back and made it worst. 

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

What the hell has happened to KDH? he's not even doing the basics well anymore. I remember last season we were all lauding him. Feel like throwing him back into the academy again to relearn it all.

To be honest, I feel his better position is closer to the top, near Barnes. I recall he had quite an understanding with Barnes when he first came out. He has been asked to play half the role that Ndidi should play (because Ndidi goes into hiding when we are in possession so KDH needed to drop deeper to receive the ball; just like how Maddison also needed to as well when both should be a bit higher up more regularly). If Mendy starts instead of Ndidi, KDH will be much better.

Edited by Tom12345

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...felt that this come happen coming back from England duty and having that effect on the England team performance!!!

Coming back would be an anticlimax and hard to motivate yourself to go again. He will have to get used to having to readjust everytime he goes away, let’s hope he can refocus on his club duties again.

I don’t think he has fallen much in terms of his level. It is just that everyone around him have been bad because of poor team selection and tactics, with only Madders, a tired Vardy and earlier Barnes as the only recognised attacking players on the pitch. Once Nacho came on in the last game, Maddison instantly had a partner and more outlets for his passes. We need more attacking players on the pitch instead of 8 or 9 defensive players. Even with Barnes back, he is not so much a team link up player so Madders can only work better if he has Nachos (and better if also Tete or Ricardo) in the team.  With Tielemans coming back, maybe that will help him too.  

Edited by Tom12345

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I don’t think he has fallen much in terms of his level. It is just that everyone around him have been bad because of poor team selection and tactics, with only Madders, a tired Vardy and earlier Barnes as the only recognised attacking players on the pitch. Once Nacho came on in the last game, Maddison instantly had a partner and more outlets for his passes. We need more attacking players on the pitch instead of 8 or 9 defensive players. Even with Barnes back, he is not so much a team link up player so Madders can only work better if he has Nachos (and better if also Tete or Ricardo) in the team.  With Tielemans coming back, maybe that will help him too.  

...I understand exactly what you are saying and it is not surprising we are where we are, but these issues have always been there and Madders has risen above it!!!

I’d pick Mendy purely because he’s fairly safe. We don’t need anyone to take risks other than Youri. Mendy will just sit and play sensible passes where needed. 

Id probably look at him for these four games. N’didi’s confidence on the ball is shot, he showed signs of still being a monster when it comes to ball recovery, however, we absolutely have to take more care of the ball when we have it…. Because we’re so flaccid defensively at the moment we give the ball away in an dangerous area and we get punished.

Unless Smith and co can work out patterns of play that don’t hang him out to dry.

• Like 1

I hope we ****ing smoke this lot, Wolves are such a bland team - their entire squad is so forgettable. We should get on the front foot from minute one, they're among the lowest scorers in the league and we need a statement result right now.

Only thing that worries me is that they'll go from beating losing to Bournemouth, or drawing to Forest, to beating teams like Brentford, Liverpool, Chelsea - very unpredictable.

• Like 1

Iverson

Castagne Faes Soyuncu Kristensen

Mendy   

Maddison   Tielemans

Tete          Iheanacho      Barnes/Daka          

• Like 1