Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

Iversen

Faes Souttar Soyuncu

Castagne Mendy Tielemans Thomas

Maddison

Daka Iheanacho

It's a big call to drop Kristiansen but I think he's less suited to the 3-5-2 as Thomas is. 

I've not seen the Wolves vs Brentford game but from their team sheet it looks like they played a narrow 4-4-2 without much pace in it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Iversen

Faes Souttar Soyuncu

Maddison

Daka Iheanacho

It's a big call to drop Kristiansen but I think he's less suited to the 3-5-2 as Thomas is. 

I've not seen the Wolves vs Brentford game but from their team sheet it looks like they played a narrow 4-4-2 without much pace in it.

So naturally you suggest playing a formation where all of our attacking talent is through the middle :D

Edited by filbertway

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

So naturally you suggest playing a formation where all of our attacking talent is through the middle :D

What wide attacking talent do we have available to us?

Ricardo, Barnes and Justin are all injured, Tete is wildly out of form and we let Albrighton go.

The only way I can see us effectively gaining width is to play wingbacks and the way I see it, Castagne and Thomas are our best two wingbacks that are available.

Other option is to play Praet instead of Daka and go with more of a 3-4-2-1 with two number 10s with Praet on the right and Maddison on the left but I don't think that suits us as well.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Vardy getting a lot of stick, some posters talk about him like something that they have stepped in!!!

Noticed he was trying to close down their defence, but getting no support. This seems to happen all the time with him, if we press we press together not allow avenues for a team to easily play out of their defence. With the experience that he brings, he knows when and how to press, but his teammates are just not tuned to do the same.

When Vardy came into the team he was pretty much doing the right things, but his teammates were not reading him and failed to be where they needed to be, as he sought to supply. Now coming to the end of his career he is going through the same thing all over again.

I think the stick has been really excessive myself, but stayed quiet due to the emotions and everyone having a right to a view.

Yes he isnt as sharp as he used to be, but as you said, the other players havent been playing the same tune.  Sadly we dont have the time to get this figured out so I do think he should be back on the bench as an option again, or alongside nacho, not as a lone striker.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Ricardo, Barnes and Justin are all injured, Tete is wildly out of form and we let Albrighton go.

The only way I can see us effectively gaining width is to play wingbacks and the way I see it, Castagne and Thomas are our best two wingbacks that are available.

Other option is to play Praet instead of Daka and go with more of a 3-4-2-1 with two number 10s with Praet on the right and Maddison on the left but I don't think that suits us as well.

Has anyone seen that Wanya Marcel (or whatever his name is) play? He keeps making the subs bench, so must have some quality about him?

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Tete is wildly out of form made me chuckle…. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nick said:

I look at the lineups and I reckon on current form we have four premier league standard players - maybe five.

That might be more than at least eight of the other PL teams. It begs the question what standard are we talking about.

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Iversen

Faes Souttar Soyuncu

Maddison

Daka Iheanacho

Thomas.... not even a championship player 

But I like the rest 😌 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Iversen

Faes Souttar Soyuncu

Maddison

Daka Iheanacho

Thomas can't play as a wingback, he just isn't good enough, he won't run forward, it's a disaster waiting to happen imo, I know VK was pulled off at half time, but it was Man City, it has to be VK if we're playing Wing backs 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Thomas can't play as a wingback, he just isn't good enough, he won't run forward, it's a disaster waiting to happen imo, I know VK was pulled off at half time, but it was Man City, it has to be VK if we're playing Wing backs 

I'm really worried that Smith might play Thomas in this, following his post match comments on Saturday. Thomas offers absolutely zero energy and attacking threat so that would be a disaster in my view, especially if we play 352 and are expecting him to provide width. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'm really worried that Smith might play Thomas in this, following his post match comments on Saturday. Thomas offers absolutely zero energy and attacking threat so that would be a disaster in my view, especially if we play 352 and are expecting him to provide width. 

I fear you're right, we have to attack wolves, we need capable attacking wide players and Thomas isn't it, only hope is that Thomas wad under instructions not to pass the half way line, because he offered no assistance or overlap to Barnes. If it has to be Thomas, we have to play a back 4 with Praet on left wing, he did cover there for a short spell and looked effective 

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Albrighton departure,shows how many fans never understand,your first priorities are not getting RID..!!  Our best crosser of the ball ….still.

Before injury Kristiansen was not questioned…again maybe a too early return for a 20 yr old…

Best academy „wanna be‘s“  injured..

Quite a mess really….Mission impossible is where we are at..!!

2 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Has anyone seen that Wanya Marcel (or whatever his name is) play? He keeps making the subs bench, so must have some quality about him?

...good on the ball, not too sure where his best position will be!!!

Has played wide and just has not got the pace to outrun players, but tight control in possession.

• Like 1