Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

TICKETING AT AWAY GAMES - We want to hear from you

I've got loads of friends who have high priority who get tickets for their mates for a lot games they are not attending creates a system where its nigh on impossible to up your priority level. When your on the levels below. 

I'm not sure if this is what the club are trying to combat but if it is I don't really have a problem with it, it's a broken system. 

32 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I've got loads of friends who have high priority who get tickets for their mates for a lot games they are not attending creates a system where its nigh on impossible to up your priority level. When your on the levels below. 

I'm not sure if this is what the club are trying to combat but if it is I don't really have a problem with it, it's a broken system. 

Sounds like you know the ticket office staff.

And sorry it's an absolute myth you can't get tickets or work your way up. My lad is 11 and yes he will never catch me up but he's on p2/3 edge at the moment and managed to do the Fword Cup tie, Eindhoven,  man city, man utd etc on his own ref, only issue is he's had to do west ham about 3 times, Sunderland etc to earn his points. 

I agree with @SemperEadem the biggest glae in the system is the 50 points for renewing a season ticket. Pointless. 

• Like 1

Guest Fox-66
1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Not surprised to see whose turned up on the socials defending the club

Not surprised to see whose turned up on the socials attacking the club! :P

Guest Fox-66
47 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Attacking a policy of the club. It’s fundamentally the reasoning of a supporters club or lobby group to review decisions which directly affect the fanbase.

Far better than assuming yourself as the voice of the fans turning up on 5Live and criticising fellow supporters 

It needs to be properly debated rather than it becoming attack v defend. I don’t see how it affects the supporters club as they attend 95% of games, so will always be top of the queue. 

This argument is predominantly the inability for people to transfer up the pecking order without paying a fee for which nothing is guaranteed and therefore have to turn towards ‘touting’. 

Alongside that the inability to return your ticket for valid reasons is helping none of the fanbase at all. 

I am currently replying to the request for feedback from Union FS (but with a cc to the club) so they and the club with receive my thoughts. 

However I'm not convinced Union FS are a reliable lobby group to represent fans as their request for feedback displayed overwhelming, and to be honest, laughable, bias on the subject,

9 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

I am currently replying to the request for feedback from Union FS (but with a cc to the club) so they and the club with receive my thoughts. 

However I'm not convinced Union FS are a reliable lobby group to represent fans as their request for feedback displayed overwhelming, and to be honest, laughable, bias on the subject,

Reliable or not - we are here talking about which is far more than the other two fan groups have done about it.

Particularly given one of the most penalised demographics is young kids who don’t have ID. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Which has changed from incidents at Southampton and Palace then. Either way it’s not a particularly good look having a 6 year old being asked what their date of birth is or similar 

3 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Sounds like you know the ticket office staff.

And sorry it's an absolute myth you can't get tickets or work your way up. My lad is 11 and yes he will never catch me up but he's on p2/3 edge at the moment and managed to do the Fword Cup tie, Eindhoven,  man city, man utd etc on his own ref, only issue is he's had to do west ham about 3 times, Sunderland etc to earn his points. 

I agree with @SemperEadem the biggest glae in the system is the 50 points for renewing a season ticket. Pointless. 

The key is when you got your ST. When did your lad get his? Those who got an ST say 5 years ago would still be about 120 points behind the 451+ bracket even if they attended every single away game possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox-66 said:

Yeh same quite hesitant to fill it out now with the ‘NO TO ID’ ‘yes to normal ways to stop point swapping’ message as it’s so clearly biased, and the responses are all gonna be the same. Referencing examples that have happened to one person. 

Should either come up with a rolling period for priority points. 

Or keep this system, but allow returns, scrap the ID for under 17s (looks like they may have done tbf?) etc.  

This system benefits me massively but it’s a ballache. But something is needed as loads of tickets are being touted, just would like those in the ticket office to also be kept to the same rules as us mere plebs. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

14 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Quick wins would be keep it on a 4 season rolling number, take away the 50 points for season ticket renewals and have a human touch when life comes around and you have to on occasions send a ticket back to the club.

Agree with this.  Would also be good to have some transparency about how many tickets never make it to the priority scheme and where they end up. 

7 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

People are confusing the issue with the approach.

Club wants to end ticket touting? Fine. I don’t think most people will have a problem with that.

Club using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, inconveniencing perfectly well behaved fans and being unreasonably stringent? Not fine.

As always with issues like this, plenty taking their position based on whether they’re yet to be personally inconvenienced or if they benefit from the policy. 

Yes and also so many replying with their own anti ufs bias at the fore front. Facebook comments very clearly showing that.

9 hours ago, Fox-66 said:

I think it's rather difficult to summarise our current ridiculous away ticket policy, without coming across as slightly "bias".  Not sure about the laughable, though?

15 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I think it's rather difficult to summarise our current ridiculous away ticket policy, without coming across as slightly "bias".  Not sure about the laughable, though?

It’s not slightly biased though, it’s overwhelmingly biased. It’s completely negative