Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

TICKETING AT AWAY GAMES - We want to hear from you

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Yes and also so many replying with their own anti ufs bias at the fore front. Facebook comments very clearly showing that.

And this is the issue.  UFS take comments that do not agree with their statement (and it is more a statement than gathering idea, questions and concerns because of how it is written) as a negative towards them.  If you are a group trying to represent fans you have to be able to write it impartially.  Instead it is loaded with the negatives - and of course there are negatives to the system the club are using at present - but unless posters agree with the 'statement', then they are seen as being against UFS.  If you are asking for feedback,, please take all the feedback and not be selective if the feedback doesn't fit in with all of the same views of the original post.  You are asking for the fans opinions and experiences.  If the club had done their survey on the singing section with a strong negative slant towards the singing section then there would have been a massive outcry, and rightfully so.   If UFS want to represent fans, and get a lot more fans backing them, they need to try and stop their members slating different views and be prepared to listen to constructive criticism.  The lads and lasses are trying their best, and should be congratulated on all the great things they have been able to achieve, but if they want to push agendas that can and do affect us all (good or bad), then there should be a lot more work on 'public relations'. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lcfcfem said:

And this is the issue.  UFS take comments that do not agree with their statement (and it is more a statement than gathering idea, questions and concerns because of how it is written) as a negative towards them.  If you are a group trying to represent fans you have to be able to write it impartially.  Instead it is loaded with the negatives - and of course there are negatives to the system the club are using at present - but unless posters agree with the 'statement', then they are seen as being against UFS.  If you are asking for feedback,, please take all the feedback and not be selective if the feedback doesn't fit in with all of the same views of the original post.  You are asking for the fans opinions and experiences.  If the club had done their survey on the singing section with a strong negative slant towards the singing section then there would have been a massive outcry, and rightfully so.   If UFS want to represent fans, and get a lot more fans backing them, they need to try and stop their members slating different views and be prepared to listen to constructive criticism.  The lads and lasses are trying their best, and should be congratulated on all the great things they have been able to achieve, but if they want to push agendas that can and do affect us all (good or bad), then there should be a lot more work on 'public relations'. 

I possibly should have been clearer, I found it bizarre the lines of  literally asking "what do you think" and replying with "you don't represent me!".

Don’t worry all views that have come in will be collated. What I would say though is not many have actually offered many alternatives.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

That's the bottom line.  

You would have to go to 50 away matches, just to be level with someone with a Season Ticket for 1 year!   It's the 50 points per year that has totally skewed the system, and led to most of the attendant problems.

(and I'm saying that as someone who has had a season ticket for a 1000 years, and "am alright jack".    We're not all selfish bstards ... wanting the club to have the best away support is what comes first for me.   I want them to bin the yearly ST 50 point system, and bring in some short term (3-5 year) rolling priority scheme).

It does seem a simple fix. Not sure why it is not implemented. 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

The club NEED to do something to stop the people on high priority buying tickets and selling them on to retain their high status.

If you cant supply an ID at away games to confirm your tocket then your upto no good aint you?

Dont know what else they can do to stop it?

We all moan about not getting the big game tickets because of the priority system when maybe 105 sell them to mates down the pub

Which is the point in essence, the club have made it a closed shop with a priority points system, membership gate keeping and a refusal to put away tickets on general sale with a booking history. If there was a realistic way of many getting tickets for away games, then the market for selling tickets on would reduce. 

On a personal level, I dislike the notion your day is disrupted that you’ve got to collect tickets at a queue first and lose twenty to thirty minutes of our own day (probably more when travelling across London) to then be stuck at a football ground with some time before kick off. Understand that’s a personal preference. 

When I went Hibs last week, I got a ticket through a member but the member had to give my details of my name and a date of birth. There are legitimate ways around this without having to completely go ‘nuclear’. 

Similarly again personal opinion, there’s been always been a ‘got a spare’ culture around football which never steers to outright touting. But the Premier League and the clubs want their pound of flesh (and the ability to sell a ticket twice on the secondary markets). 

• Like 2

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Which is the point in essence, the club have made it a closed shop with a priority points system, membership gate keeping and a refusal to put away tickets on general sale with a booking history. If there was a realistic way of many getting tickets for away games, then the market for selling tickets on would reduce. 

On a personal level, I dislike the notion your day is disrupted that you’ve got to collect tickets at a queue first and lose twenty to thirty minutes of our own day (probably more when travelling across London) to then be stuck at a football ground with some time before kick off. Understand that’s a personal preference. 

When I went Hibs last week, I got a ticket through a member but the member had to give my details of my name and a date of birth. There are legitimate ways around this without having to completely go ‘nuclear’. 

Similarly again personal opinion, there’s been always been a ‘got a spare’ culture around football which never steers to outright touting. But the Premier League and the clubs want their pound of flesh (and the ability to sell a ticket twice on the secondary markets). 

I share that. Plus when collecting you are meet with a small army of stewards filming your every move.

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I share that. Plus when collecting you are meet with a small army of stewards filming your every move.

Would be interesting to know why LCFC stewards are filming your every move at away games, they must surely need permission from the home club / authorities and what they are doing undermiming the home stewards to do the job properly.

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I possibly should have been clearer, I found it bizarre the lines of  literally asking "what do you think" and replying with "you don't represent me!".

Don’t worry all views that have come in will be collated. What I would say though is not many have actually offered many alternatives.

I get this but as a suggestion if I was a member of the group I would go back to the "you don't represent me" and say something like - We are a group that can liaise with the club on a regular basis and we would like to represent the fans voices as much as possible, so that we can help implement positive changes.  Is there anything you can suggest to us where you would be happy for us to represent you......... or something along those lines.  What tends to happen is comments get ignored or arguments break out and an opportunity is wasted to engage.  You will, of course, never please everyone. 

2 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Would be interesting to know why LCFC stewards are filming your every move at away games, they must surely need permission from the home club / authorities and what they are doing undermiming the home stewards to do the job properly.

There is tons of law allowing surveillance at football games. Home clubs are in with it. The crackdown is across the Premier League - some clubs are being more militant than others. If we stay up, expect mobile tickets for Brighton away. 

14 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Too bloody simple and obvious.  That's why!

It would shake up the status quo - those benefitting now with the longer 50 points periods are nearer to the club quite simply. This whole process doesn't affect them and it doesn't affect how they 'consume' football (that's an individuals choice). 

All I will say with a huge chip on my shoulder is - if you continually don't debate decisions the club make, then they erode something which impacts everyone eventually. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So these fans that have been very loyal to the club travelling to every game , not touting tickets just loyal fans because I'm guessing they're of a certain age you dub them ' coach 1 blue mongys' and talk about flashers and blankets.

So are you saying those likely very long term uber loyal supporters are not welcome to support and follow the club?  I bet they're not cheating the system and depriving other fans of opportunities 

Tbh I'd rather have them following the club than self appointed super fans that think the best way support a team devoid of confidence is to chant "your not fit to wear to wear the shirt" 

You might want to change the word flashers hahaha.  Did make me smile

9 minutes ago, lcfcfem said:

I get this but as a suggestion if I was a member of the group I would go back to the "you don't represent me" and say something like - We are a group that can liaise with the club on a regular basis and we would like to represent the fans voices as much as possible, so that we can help implement positive changes.  Is there anything you can suggest to us where you would be happy for us to represent you......... or something along those lines.  What tends to happen is comments get ignored or arguments break out and an opportunity is wasted to engage.  You will, of course, never please everyone. 

No exactly you can’t please all and thats fine. Also one thing I think that is forgotten is its a volunteer group, not every comment can be replied to. Plus if you do reply you set you stall out to need to reply too all so as not to appear too chosey. Far better way would be to email and engage imo a more meaningful process of dialogue. 

47 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

That's the bottom line.  

You would have to go to 50 away matches, just to be level with someone with a Season Ticket for 1 year!   It's the 50 points per year that has totally skewed the system, and led to most of the attendant problems.

(and I'm saying that as someone who has had a season ticket for a 1000 years, and "am alright jack".    We're not all selfish bstards ... wanting the club to have the best away support is what comes first for me.   I want them to bin the yearly ST 50 point system, and bring in some short term (3-5 year) rolling priority scheme).

I've been saying this for years. The longer it has gone on the more people are realising what a ridiculous policy it is.

I've mentioned this to Jim so says the committee who have spoken about it doesn't think this is a problem. I told him that astonished me but then maybe this committee is as useless as the rest of the club.

He also didn't fail to mention that I wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't for a big game. Well here I am yet again calling it out when you can't sell out an away allocation for a huge game.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lcfcfem said:

Agreed, do UFS actually want to seek views about the scheme, or want some confirmation bias on their own views on the scheme. Because the paragraphs of rhetoric really emphasising their views have no need to be on the call for response. You're almost shamed into agreeing with them if you are responding. Before anyone has a hernia UFS tifos and the singing section are an overwhelming success and I strongly support them.

what do other clubs do? This must be even more of an issue for clubs with more support (Manchester United for example)?

They have many more season ticket holders and members than us competing for the same 3,000 or so allocation. Or do they have the same closed shop with those on priority buying tickets and punting them on if they can't go?

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think you’re missing the point slightly. It’s currently a closed shop and virtually impossible for youngsters to climb the priority ladder.

They can go to every unfashionable midweek game, but one point per match will never be enough for them to catch up. 

I find it bizarre that people don’t understand this. 

The young lads that should be generating atmosphere will be in their late 20s by the time the ticket priority system changes. 

‘I take it everyone’s going Leeds then’ No weirdly as one game won’t make a difference and people also have commitments. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

what do other clubs do? This must be even more of an issue for clubs with more support (Manchester United for example)?

They have many more season ticket holders and members than us competing for the same 3,000 or so allocation. Or do they have the same closed shop with those on priority buying tickets and punting them on if they can't go?

DCB89A85-4DBD-4978-B334-0407791D4DEB.jpeg