Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

TICKETING AT AWAY GAMES - We want to hear from you

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I find it bizarre that people don’t understand this. 

The young lads that should be generating atmosphere will be in their late 20s by the time the ticket priority system changes. 

‘I take it everyone’s going Leeds then’ No weirdly as one game won’t make a difference and people also have commitments. 

I think a lot of people do understand this. However a fair few of the posts that try and raise this point actually just turn into posts going after older fans, which isn't going to recruit their support. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

so like a slightly weighted lottery then? Is that better? Worse? 

I'd argue worse.

Quite a few things come to mind straight away. 

Can you apply as a group, like for 3 tickets for instance, how do non-STH go about tickets etc? 

the issue is obviously the priority system being gamed by P1s who want to stay P1 but don't fancy every game, and much as making it a rolling cycle of X many years and scrapping the auto 50 points for STHs helps deal with the closed shop nature (if you didn't have a ST 5/6 years ago, you'll likely never make P1), it still doesn't really disincentive that behaviour.

Collections and ID can potentially work when done with more tact (the story of I think Southampton away where the club turned away a young girl with her dad because the ticket was originally in her brother's name is just ridiculous cruelty) but has to also come with a resale/return platform or the ability to transfer a ticket to a friend when life gets in the way, particularly with games moved short notice.

Alternatively, the club holds back so many for members for the ballot, maybe expand that and hold back an amount (e.g. 5%) for All STHs, P5, P4 etc so those who are lower ranked still have a chance to get to more fixtures and build up their priority 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

what do other clubs do? This must be even more of an issue for clubs with more support (Manchester United for example)?

They have many more season ticket holders and members than us competing for the same 3,000 or so allocation. Or do they have the same closed shop with those on priority buying tickets and punting them on if they can't go?

For one, Manchester United are very public when it comes to publishing the actual number tickets on sale. They say how many have gone to corporate/players etc. I can't get on the page at the moment as they are queuing for Women's FA Cup Final tickets but will find it later 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Which is the point in essence, the club have made it a closed shop with a priority points system, membership gate keeping and a refusal to put away tickets on general sale with a booking history. If there was a realistic way of many getting tickets for away games, then the market for selling tickets on would reduce. 

On a personal level, I dislike the notion your day is disrupted that you’ve got to collect tickets at a queue first and lose twenty to thirty minutes of our own day (probably more when travelling across London) to then be stuck at a football ground with some time before kick off. Understand that’s a personal preference. 

When I went Hibs last week, I got a ticket through a member but the member had to give my details of my name and a date of birth. There are legitimate ways around this without having to completely go ‘nuclear’. 

Similarly again personal opinion, there’s been always been a ‘got a spare’ culture around football which never steers to outright touting. But the Premier League and the clubs want their pound of flesh (and the ability to sell a ticket twice on the secondary markets). 

Assume the Hibs stewards didn't have bodycams on them while you did it.

very surprised by some of the comments on this - I get why people are annoyed with the current system, but a number of those posting are usually asking for spares and resales on this forum - if you feel that strongly, don't buy resale tickets and people wouldn't have an incentive to do it (but appreciate that is a very wide sweeping statement)

7 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

what do other clubs do? This must be even more of an issue for clubs with more support (Manchester United for example)?

They have many more season ticket holders and members than us competing for the same 3,000 or so allocation. Or do they have the same closed shop with those on priority buying tickets and punting them on if they can't go?

Man United do it once a season. We were their fixture a few years back, think it was a Sunday game. Ticket collection was The Tigers. 

On 21/04/2023 at 08:54, SemperEadem said:

It does seem a simple fix. Not sure why it is not implemented. 

Because it is not simple and you will not please everyone.  While I totally agree that the points system needs change taking away ST holder priority completely would be unfair.  For instance should a fan who has purchased just one ticket over the rolling period get higher cup final priority over a ST holder of 50 years standing.  These would be my rules:

• one system for both home and away priority

• one point per ticket purchased whether home or away

• max of 5 year rolling program

• Membership price reduced to mirror the costs of administering the scheme

• Corporate scheme given higher priority to reflect financial commitment but published and transparent

• ditto staff member scheme

• When tickets have not sold to those with points,  those attending should be able to purchase another ticket for a named individual,  who would then receive a point to get their ball rolling.

The problem of touting does need addressing and I have yet to see a workable alternative to the one the club has introduced.  However changes do need making particularly for kids and those with a verifiable reason for no longer being able to attend.

Edit

• those purchasing on GS also recieve a point and then are able to purchase before GS going forward.
  • those giving up their ST/membership retain their points for the rolling period.

To me these are easy solutions but I am well aware that not everyone will agree. Feel free to pull it apart. 

Edited by Robo61
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Robo61 said:

When tickets have not sold to those with points,  those attending should be able to purchase another ticket for a named individual,  who would then receive a point to get their ball rolling.

So removing general sale altogether?

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

So removing general sale altogether?

No,  just giving those already with a purchasing record an opportunity before it goes to GS.  Though under my system anyone buying under GS would get a point for each ticket purchased (sorry missed this last part of my system now edited).  Meaning the only people left to buy GS tickets would be those without any sort of attendance history in the previous 5 years. 

Edited by Robo61

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

The 50 point thing makes it virtually impossible for anyone that got a season ticket from 2015 onwards to get any form of away priority

Agreed  50 points is way too many,  but ST should be rewarded in some way for their committment to purchasing 19 (or 23 :angry:) tickets a season.

• Like 1