Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom12345

Club Finances

With the following leaving on a free this summer, not getting a cent for them, we will have a real problem getting the squad back to a top half level:

- Tielemans (paid £40m)

- Perez (paid £30m)

- Soyuncu (paid £19m)

- Mendy (paid £13m)

These four players alone costed us over £100m.

Maddison, Ricardo and Barnes only have one more season left (I think). Correction: Barnes two years; Ricardo three years.

Looks like the only way is to try to find another Mahrez, Kante or Vardy, which would be very hard to do.

Edited by Tom12345

Just now, moore_94 said:

The amount we will clear off the wage bill will be a massive help

Evans, Amartey, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Mendy, Tielemans, Perez, Tete

Can't be far off £500k a week

£600k i reckon.

However I think Mendy gets another year. Getting rid causes even more CM headaches. Think it's more likely we sell Wilf for cash abroad. 

4 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

With the following leaving on a free this summer, not getting a cent for them, we will have a real problem getting the squad back to a top half level:

- Tielemans (paid £40m)

- Perez (paid £30m)

- Soyuncu (paid £19m)

- Mendy (paid £13m)

Maddison, Ricardo and Barnes only have one more season left (I think).

Looks like the only way is to try to find another Mahrez, Kante or Vardy, which would be very hard to do.

Praet will be off too at a loss and Maddison has to be sold , we need the money. Ndidi is another possible leaver . If we go down , Castagne will want out. All in all , things are going to be very different.

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That Ricardo ACL, then broken leg really did begin to hamper our plans. 

You'd assume he was the one to be sold in that summer for £40mil+ to then be reinvested in. 

Yeah that was a costly injury to both our chances of qualifying for CL and also money wise.

18 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Huge opportunity to rebuild. 

Extend Barnes and Iheanacho if we can and use the huge amount we will have freed up from our wage bill on some young new players. 

But we won’t get fees in return for these players that we paid a lot for …

The amount of money that will be needed for this rebuild is going to be massive. Yes we will be saving mucho pound notes on wages but unless we bring in sufficient quality, there’s every chance we will be in a dogfight next year aswell

If I was a number cruncher, I would almost conclude that it would be cheaper to do the rebuild in the championship. And yes, I know the absurdity of that statement..  

but we’d be able to  bring players like Braybrook and Alves into the first team without an outlay and likely cheap wages… we wouldn’t need to replace Iversen we’d be able to bring in some young kids with massive potential that perhaps we couldn’t start in the prem straight away

However, of course we all know that if we go down there’s no guarantee we would go back up again and that could be catastrophic for us long term…

But make no mistake, to adequately rebuild is going to mean a massive financial outlay…

It doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom, sure it’s been bad business to let assets value deplete to this point but it’s also a huge chunk of wages freed up that has been a chain around our neck. We still have capital and with smart investments could replace most of them with equal or better for cheaper.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MPH said:

The amount of money that will be needed for this rebuild is going to be massive. Yes we will be saving mucho pound notes on wages but unless we bring in sufficient quality, there’s every chance we will be in a dogfight next year aswell

If I was a number cruncher, I would almost conclude that it would be cheaper to do the rebuild in the championship. And yes, I know the absurdity of that statement..  

but we’d be able to  bring players like Braybrook and Alves into the first team without an outlay and likely cheap wages… we wouldn’t need to replace Iversen we’d be able to bring in some young kids with massive potential that perhaps we couldn’t start in the prem straight away

However, of course we all know that if we go down there’s no guarantee we would go back up again and that could be catastrophic for us long term…

But make no mistake, to adequately rebuild is going to mean a massive financial outlay…

I know it sounds a little carzy but I have been thinking along the same lines. Given how long the club clung on to Rodgers who was clearly in 'destruct' mode the thought occured  that the club might have been thinking along these lines too.

• Like 1

The ‘top six’/Newcastle are the only prem clubs that can regularly buy £40 million + players (just look at Everton). 

This is why Seagrave was built. I know the club is excited by and putting a lot of faith in our under 21 squads.  This and clever signings (Brentford/Brighton led the way) is the way forward. 

3 points..

# Maddisony Soyuncu &Tielemansleave .as expected from many,

in & away from the club.

# Maddison , Soyuncu & Tielemans…Stay

# From the others who leaves & stays.

# 3 Amigos contract extension consequences.

# New Manager & his team consequences

# So much speculation of finances direction squad..

# Finances of KP & club. How far does Top and management want to go,and what

do they have as buffer to invest.

I am going to sit on the fence,wait for the major issue to be be confirmed.

Then again jump over to my next fence,& see what summer brings.

Speculation creates, both false hopes, and false assumptions..

I prefer the facts to pop up and put in front of me..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

The amount we will clear off the wage bill will be a massive help

Evans, Amartey, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Mendy, Tielemans, Perez, Tete

Can't be far off £500k a week

Out if that lot only 3 of them I would keep. Youri Cags and Mendy. First 2 I doubt would want to stay here.  Perez could do a job with a proper manager. Dan tries hard but doubt he will want to be a big player 

13 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

The ‘top six’/Newcastle are the only prem clubs that can regularly buy £40 million + players (just look at Everton). 

This is why Seagrave was built. I know the club is excited by and putting a lot of faith in our under 21 squads.  This and clever signings (Brentford/Brighton led the way) is the way forward. 

Our Under 21s team is on the verge of being relegated...!  To me, that doesnt sound like much of a reason to be cheerful...!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

I know it sounds a little carzy but I have been thinking along the same lines. Given how long the club clung on to Rodgers who was clearly in 'destruct' mode the thought occured  that the club might have been thinking along these lines too.

So maybe Top isn't completely clueless and relegation was his master plan??

Obviously, it's a daunting prospect but it's also a chance of a fresh start. 

Like 7 players on massive wages out, 6 of which aren't regular starters but all on massive wages. 

Probably lose a few more like Ndidi, Maddison, Praet, etc that will free up even more wages and hopefully bring in some decent cash. 

New management team. 

You have to imagine that the disaster in not investing this summer will be enough to convince us that we'll need to invest a bit.

IF we did stay in the league, it would be a good prospect for someone to come in and sign essentially a completely new team that also gives us the chance to appropriately distribute wages again. 

27 minutes ago, Royston. said:

So maybe Top isn't completely clueless and relegation was his master plan??

Presumably a backup plan although the way this club has been allowed to implode in such a short space of time certainly begs the question...how? Top is a fabulous owner because his heart is in the club but those running it who are still in place will have some serious questions to answer once our fate this campign is decided.