Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom12345

Club Finances

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I have a lot of time for Ruskin as he's been DoF for a while now and we've achieved a hell of a lot of things in that time, and I would still attribute a lot of our predicament to COVID hitting us and KP's finances more than any other club.

But I do feel it's time for a change of strategy now and that involves bolstering high positions within the club. If we do survive, I want Rudders absorbed into a position with KP somewhere and replaced with someone with elite experience on the continent and of CL & EL. Time to be bold and ambitious again.

Rightly or wrongly he seems to be taking the brunt for the club's apparent decision to allow Rodgers a free run of show.

55 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I can't think of any other club having a rebuild like this

Preserving our Premier status will possibly be a stay of execution till next season. 

Playing in the Championship and bringing young players through there is maybe not such a bad thing.

9 minutes ago, jerry said:

Preserving our Premier status will possibly be a stay of execution till next season. 

Playing in the Championship and bringing young players through there is maybe not such a bad thing.

That could be disastrous......

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

So Palace and Burnley have done this to really good effect then! Hopefully it'll be as exiting and successful for us too.

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

So Palace and Burnley have done this to really good effect then! Hopefully it'll be as exiting and successful for us too.

Never a dull moment following the Foxes  😊.

12 hours ago, Pete52 said:

Not sure about goalkeeper, I'd be happy to have Iversen as number 1 going into next season and Ward as back up if he's happy to stay. 

Not sure we need a full back if Castagne stays, depends on JJ and Ricardo's fitness - maybe a young right back who doesn't expect much game time. 

Agree we need 2 centre backs, one who is good enough to compete with Souttar and Faes (i.e. take Soyuncu/Evans' place) and one younger prospect to replace Vestergaard and Amartey. 

I think 2 central midfielders will be more likely if Mendy stays. Hopefully Alex Scott is one of them. 

Tete on a permanent and someone who can play both sides as competition for him and Barnes. Hopefully Wanya Marcal-Madivadua is ready to be involved, too. 

Not sure we will sign a striker, think it will probably be the same 3 next season. 

@hackneyfox: why the laughing reaction? 

I wouldn't even want Ward to start for my son's u10 side let alone keeping him as a back up for us. Madness...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

I wouldn't even want Ward to start for my son's u10 side let alone keeping him as a back up for us. Madness...

He was fine as a cup keeper before. When we've got so many other areas requiring funding, I personally don't think spending on a back-up goalkeeper is a necessity. It's unlikely that we'll get someone who's much better who's happy to sit on the bench. 

The other option is if we go all out on a new number 1 if Iversen is happy to return to being second choice, but I'm not sure he will be now he's getting a run in the side. 

21 hours ago, stu said:

Any clever people know what this means, other than the obvious extension. I.e. possible reasons? Purpose etc?

...the extended period could be down to the books looking better at this point!!!

That could be a financial burden is less at the end of June or incorporating costs to fall within a certain tax year. Either way, you would be looking to tidy and present your financial accounts in a much more conducive way.

On 25/04/2023 at 11:01, Pete52 said:

Not sure about goalkeeper, I'd be happy to have Iversen as number 1 going into next season and Ward as back up if he's happy to stay. 

Not sure we need a full back if Castagne stays, depends on JJ and Ricardo's fitness - maybe a young right back who doesn't expect much game time. 

Agree we need 2 centre backs, one who is good enough to compete with Souttar and Faes (i.e. take Soyuncu/Evans' place) and one younger prospect to replace Vestergaard and Amartey. 

I think 2 central midfielders will be more likely if Mendy stays. Hopefully Alex Scott is one of them. 

Tete on a permanent and someone who can play both sides as competition for him and Barnes. Hopefully Wanya Marcal-Madivadua is ready to be involved, too. 

Not sure we will sign a striker, think it will probably be the same 3 next season

@hackneyfox: why the laughing reaction? 

This is satire, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 25/04/2023 at 14:23, Stadt said:

We're partially in this contracts mess because we haven't been thinking a few years ahead. We can't go into this window (whether we stay up or not) just trying to recruit for our immediate needs; we have 8 or so players leaving next summer too.

Cheap 18, 19 and 20 year olds need to be on our radar so we can develop them internally or loan them out so they're ready for 2024 and beyond.

They dont even need to be that young, I would say a mix of 18-21, mid 20s and experience is fine, but with a emphasis on finding unknown gems for the younger players, not established players that will inevitably cost more money and have more competition to sign.

Probably 40% mid 20s, 40% youth, 20% experience.

We need scouts all over the world to help achieve this.

Edited by Chrysalis