Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

You just know under Brendan we’d have lost that. We had only drawn 4 games all season prior to yesterday, so I’ll take the positives.

Great to see Vardy bag, and hoping Kelechi’s injury isn’t too serious. 

Everton is a MUST win now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

A fair assessment. I keep telling myself it was two points lost for us rather than one gained, then I remember that Bamford miss and I think a draw was reasonable in the circumstances. 

For you, Spurs at home on the last day is definitely 'winnable'. This weekend at Bournemouth is massive for you.

It is the very definition of a must win game.

I think Spurs will pick up now... can't wait for Son and Kane vs our defence 🙈

All good fun hey 😁

11 hours ago, Phenom said:

Blaming Iversen for their goal is something. That was more on VK and Castagne than anyone else.

Personally, I think that goal is on Youri and Castagne.

You can argue VK shouldn’t let him cut in on his left but there’s a huge amount of space for him to run into which should be where Youri covers given where he is on the pitch. 

You then have Castagne who for whatever reason has tucked in which there’s no need for. Both Faes and Soyuncu have Bamford covered so there’s zero reason for him to be standing where he is.

7DFF8DA4-1D18-472E-B6B9-E484C570EF4D.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

He looks offside to me. Look at the six yard line then draw the same angle from Bamford through to Castagne. Think it may've been VAR'd had it gone in. 

To my eye Bamford is definitely onside.  Koch is off but I don't think he's directly impacting the play.  I'm sure it would have gone to VAR but I suspect the goal would have stood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

When you look at him, he should be unplayable. He’s been accused of being slow, but in reality he actually isn’t…. He’s a powerhouse. It’s clear Rodgers just can’t manage players like him, because he’s obsessed with keeping the ball. Smith will use Soumare for his skill set, thus far it’s proving to be a good choice. 

Agree with this! It's pretty simple, but Smith has Soumare doing what he's good at! Make forward passes, drive forwards with the ball. Less sideways and slow, more get us up the pitch and do it quickly. He suits that style of football for sure. 

• Like 3

When you look at things in the long run, this could be a really good point. I prefer it when you get an odd number of points gap from the relegation places. If result go out way, and we beat Everton that could be a 4 point gap (basically 5 with our goal difference)…. And if it comes down to the kitty gritty we could potentially have that extra one point cushion which makes it difficult for teams to catch us up. 

Glad we didn't lose it as that would have gave them a 4 point lead over us, at least the draw keeps them within touching distance, must beat Everton though and try and get a point/win at Fulham.

Thought we done well, shame Youris goal didn't count and I think we scored another but I was too pissed by the end of the match to remember, just recovered now lol.

I was fuming at that stupid run Faes made towards the end where he lost possession. A better team would have at the very least created a chance. Completely needless play. He had so many passes on.

I think he can be great for us but he's a ticking time bomb at times 

• Like 4

Leaving the car park en route out of Leeds, we listened to BBC Leeds fans phone in.

If you think our fans are negative sometimes, my God they were slating the team and the majority of them expect to see Leeds relegated. 

They couldn't understand why Gnonto was not brought on. 

1 minute ago, katieakita said:

Big shout out to Paul Tierney, was his usual useless self how many niggly fouls went unpunished or he let play go on and did nothing. Thought Kel was fouled in the build up to the goal and should have been a 2nd yellow

The amount of fouls some of their players were allowed to get away with before getting a yellow was ridiculous.

The more I think about the game as a whole, I can't believe we didn't win comfortably really. Easily the better side and just needed a decision to go for us.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Big shout out to Paul Tierney, was his usual useless self how many niggly fouls went unpunished or he let play go on and did nothing. Thought Kel was fouled in the build up to the goal and should have been a 2nd yellow

Faes had a defenders arms around him from a corner and was clearly illegally impeded. Just ignored. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

He looks offside to me. Look at the six yard line then draw the same angle from Bamford through to Castagne. Think it may've been VAR'd had it gone in. 

OK this is interesting. Using the angle of the 6yd line then agreed - he looks off. But the goal line is clearly not at the same angle as the 6 yd line - which means, somewhere between the 6 yd line and the goal line the "line" becomes more vertical ie use the goal line and draw the same angle from Bamford to Castagne (he's onside!)

Someone can probably tell me which is the "right" way to measure it !

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

The amount of fouls some of their players were allowed to get away with before getting a yellow was ridiculous.

The more I think about the game as a whole, I can't believe we didn't win comfortably really. Easily the better side and just needed a decision to go for us.

I remember Aaronson ? committing at least 3 fouls when he came on after 68 minutes, not a word said. Ayling's tackle on Barnes was awful.

Leeds were bad but I was pleased with a point in the end.

Guest Mee-9

Personally would have taken a draw at the start of the game.

Was a brilliant game to watch, nerve racking at times and edge of the seat stuff. 

The draw's a decent result. Keeps Leeds within touching distance. 

3 hours ago, shiv said:

You can argue VK shouldn’t let him cut in on his left but there’s a huge amount of space for him to run into which should be where Youri covers given where he is on the pitch. 

You then have Castagne who for whatever reason has tucked in which there’s no need for. Both Faes and Soyuncu have Bamford covered so there’s zero reason for him to be standing where he is.

Watch us closely and you’ll see the fullback on the opposite side of play always allows space for the opposition winger to occupy, 

It kind of makes sense but they have to be aware of the wingers position and defend the back post when needed, which we didn’t do.

Harrison did very well from there and out in a great ball.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shiv said:

RE: Castagne, whilst this absolutely drives me crazy, almost every fullback we've had over the last several managers has been guilty of this a lot. Even in the title winning season, Danny Simpson would stand holding Wes Morgan's hand when the ball was on the left. 

I can remember key times Chilwell, JJ, Thomas, Bertrand and Castagne have all lost back post runners at crosses because they were super narrow watching where the ball was coming from instead of their man. 

So I assume it's a common coaching issue and an actual instruction they're given. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Watch us closely and you’ll see the fullback on the opposite side of play always allows space for the opposition winger to occupy, 

It kind of makes sense but they have to be aware of the wingers position and defend the back post when needed, which we didn’t do.

Harrison did very well from there and out in a great ball.

Just now, Finnegan said:

RE: Castagne, whilst this absolutely drives me crazy, almost every fullback we've had over the last several managers has been guilty of this a lot. Even in the title winning season, Danny Simpson would stand holding Wes Morgan's hand when the ball was on the left. 

I can remember key times Chilwell, JJ, Thomas, Bertrand and Castagne have all lost back post runners at crosses because they were super narrow watching where the ball was coming from instead of their man. 

So I assume it's a common coaching issue and an actual instruction they're given. 

Ha! 

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Yup I was pleased/ relieved last night....but on reflection, it was a 3-1 sort of game to us. Youri's goal only ruled out as Leeds are the only team in the world not to have a man an a post and 9 times out of 10, Vardy holds his run better. 

The encouragement I take is that we are clearly better than them and with similar fixtures to come, you'd back us to take more points. 

I'm hoping the anger of not winning a game we largely dominated leads to additional impetus for the Everton match, rather than a nervy 'hold what we've got' type mentality 

• Like 1