Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

23 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He looked offside anyway

he did - BUT - in the three seconds they showed the replay, the players in question were covering each other.  If it's ruled a goal on the field, I'm not sure there would have been the view necessary to overturn it.

We'll never know, thankfully. But - I could've totally seen that happening.

How have I made it 3 pages in this thread and nobody's calling out Nacho's heroism? That was one of the most amazing things I've seen. Unbelievable. Build him a statue holding his groin if we stay up.

Edited by Bats8711
  • Like 1

VK was poor as was Barnes and Maddison for 45 mins but 2nd half his quality shone through,

You're was a lot better today and another great performance from Bouba

Ball in the net 3 times , tough place to go too , beat Everton and it's a very good point 

13 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

We didn't get the win but it feels like we've got our Leicester back.

The whole dynamic just feels right again. The apathy has gone.

We lose that 3-0 under Rodgers.

...it felt as if Rodgers was still there!!!

We just could not raise our level, too many passes and our final ball was a hopeful cross or chip over the defence, just no ability to penetrate. By the time we got to the final third Leeds were back in position and we did not know how to break them down. Substitutions should have been made at halftime, and you wonder if Brendan had snuck back and was calling the tune.

Maddison is just not giving us what we need, Barnes was ineffective and you wonder if the team from last weekend carried a better energy than the team tonight. Perhaps we might have to keep Daka on the right and if Nacho is not available Maddison gets to slot in at #10.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Anyone else confused as to if that’s a good result or not for us? 

Great result. Couldn’t see a way back into the game prior to vardy’s goal. They had one cleared off the line and had that fell to any player other than bamford, that was 2-1.

take it and run, a home win and a draw away is good enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Eh? I thought Soumare had a great game. We dominated them in midfield.

I've seen others say this but I just dont get it. I thought he was terrible, got caught on the ball so many times and has no awareness of danger around him at all. Prime example at the end where we should have been going for the winner but him being so slow on the ball meant we should have conceded from that corner. He's a liability 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Trelleh said:

Great result. Couldn’t see a way back into the game prior to vardy’s goal. They had one cleared off the line and had that fell to any player other than bamford, that was 2-1.

take it and run, a home win and a draw away is good enough.

looking at replays Bamford was onside so I’m quite happy with a point. Does make Everton H next Monday absolutely huge 

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it felt as if Rodgers was still there!!!

We just could not raise our level, too many passes and our final ball was a hopeful cross or chip over the defence, just no ability to penetrate. By the time we got to the final third Leeds were back in position and we did not know how to break them down. Substitutions should have been made at halftime, and you wonder if Brendan had snuck back and was calling the tune.

Maddison is just not giving us what we need, Barnes was ineffective and you wonder if the team from last weekend carried a better energy than the team tonight. Perhaps we might have to keep Daka on the right and if Nacho is not available Maddison gets to slot in at #10.

Think that's more than a tad harsh, though understand your frustrations. But no way we come back under Rodgers to get the point. 

• Like 1

Apart from Tete (Praet is better) that is our best starting lineup, and if we’d brought on Vardy and Daka a bit earlier I think we’d have won it.

Leeds are dreadful, though, and really deserve to go down. Unfortunately, they’ll probably stay up at the expense of Everton (or, if we lose on Monday) us.

You do have to wonder where we’d be now if Iverson, Soyuncu and Nacho had started every game. 

Just now, lcfc043 said:

Can’t see Leeds winning another game with the games they’ve got left, us and Everton to stay up just about. 

Bournemouth? 
id say that’s a 50/50 with Leeds having a little more motivation 

And spurs last day of the season could be anything following a West Ham side with their feet up 

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Was interesting. Thought Rodgers but was it the Wagatha Christie shit?

Probably Wagatha Christie. Why would he get done if he said anything about Rodgers? I guess the club might fine him if he went really personal but there's ways to word it that things are better now etc. 

2 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Can’t see Leeds winning another game with the games they’ve got left, us and Everton to stay up just about. 

Bournemouth is winnable for them and have you seen how shit Spurs are this season? That could be a nice final day fixture for them at home.