Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

11 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

I've seen others say this but I just dont get it. I thought he was terrible, got caught on the ball so many times and has no awareness of danger around him at all. Prime example at the end where we should have been going for the winner but him being so slow on the ball meant we should have conceded from that corner. He's a liability 

Wow. That is a really strange take from that game. His performance wasn’t perfect but overall I thought he was quality. I would like to see the stats but my impression was he had lots of the ball and passed forwards well and positively. The midfield team took risks to play through Leeds more defensive set up but generally it worked and Soumare was influential. 

1 minute ago, MancFox24 said:

Ready for the pelters on this one, but I really don't get what everyone sees in Iversen. I think his positioning for some of the goals he's conceded has been really poor, including the goal today. His kicking is also really bad, he can barely reach the halfway line from a rolling ball and seems to lump it out of play alot. Decent couple of saves at the end but they were straight at him. Not seeing the massive upgrade that everyone is talking about 

He is a 100% improvement on Ward, we look more comfortable with him there and he makes vital stops 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

18 minutes ago, Sammytielemans8 said:

Might have already been said but I bloody loved kels reaction to the fans when he went off injured. That’s the fight we need. Well done senior man. Superb work ethic

Remarkable effort to play the pass with the groin injury too, could have easily just gone to ground. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MancFox24 said:

Ready for the pelters on this one, but I really don't get what everyone sees in Iversen. I think his positioning for some of the goals he's conceded has been really poor, including the goal today. His kicking is also really bad, he can barely reach the halfway line from a rolling ball and seems to lump it out of play alot. Decent couple of saves at the end but they were straight at him. Not seeing the massive upgrade that everyone is talking about 

Ok Brendan :thumbup:  whatever.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Keepers mature and get better as they get older. However, to do that, they need potential to start with. Iverson is far from perfect. But compared to Ward, he can hold his own in this league. If he is making the same mistakes when he is Ward’s age, be concerned. 

Iverson at this rate will be a mid/lower PL keeper or a top level championship keeper. Ward at times would’ve been out of place in league one

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Unpopular opinion maybe:

If, IF we beat Everton and don't lose to Fulham - a point here isn't a bad result.

Unpopular opinion maybe:

If we beat Everton and get at least a draw at Fulham then tonight's result doesn't matter because we will be safe regardless.

Just now, J.Lisemore said:

Very good point in the circumstances, we must remember that Leeds needed to win that game as much as we did. It's still in our hands, and you can see how even within a couple of weeks, Dean Shakey and JT have got this group going. 

There is a lot more fight in the team, you can see that they want to win. This certainly wasn’t the case under Rodgers, heads just dropped 

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Keepers mature and get better as they get older. However, to do that, they need potential to start with. Iverson is far from perfect. But compared to Ward, he can hold his own in this league. If he is making the same mistakes when he is Ward’s age, be concerned. 

Iverson at this rate will be a mid/lower PL keeper or a top level championship keeper. Ward at times would’ve been out of place in league one

Fair points. And I'm by no means calling for Ward to come back in. But some of the goals he's conceded are worrying. He just seems to get caught in weird positions in his goal and his feet seem to get stuck underneath him 

Lets be honest, we'd all have taken it at half time when we looked clueless.

Can't help but wonder how important Daka's pass to Vardy when he should have shot will be, but Bamford's miss was incredible.

2 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Meh he's not brilliant, but he inspires a lot more confidence than Ward. He seems more alert and actually adept at goalkeeping. Sure, if he was quicker, he could've prevented the goal today, but few choose to recognise the quality of Harrison's cross instead of dishing it out to Kristiansen, Faes, Castage and Iversen.

I personally appreciate him being decisive and coming out of his goal and helping his teammates. At his age and with his limited PL experience, I think he could steadily improve too. Without comparing him to Schmeichel, we need to remember Kasper's level when he first joined and how he grew into a solid PL goalkeeper in time.

8 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Ok Danny mate😉

9 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

His isn’t Danny Ward, is what I see.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Very good point in the circumstances, we must remember that Leeds needed to win that game as much as we did. It's still in our hands, and you can see how even within a couple of weeks, Dean Shakey and JT have got this group going. 

That’s the Beauty of it 😜

19 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Did anyone watch the post game interview with Madders and Vardy? What did Vardy mean when he said he can't really say what he wants it he'd get done? Alluding to something about Rodgers? Madders speaks so so well, he's got a job for life as a pundiy when he retires, he's already better than most on BT. Robbie Savage sitting there in a t shirt with Owen and Beckford talking shite is cringe worthy.

Vardy seems quite angry with what's been going on. I don't know whether it's all the fuss around his wife or Rodgers management, but an angry Vardy with a point to prove is very good news for us.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Why is vardy offside.? 
he cannot affect the game in any way being ahead of the ball - I think that’s poor from Jamie 

I'm not saying it's all Daka but he should be taking it on himself regardless as a striker but at the point he played the pass Vardy was clearly offside. 

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Despite the result it just feels different now that Rodgers has gone. The boys just look more up for the fight. 
The lack of quality is still there, at times, and we still do daft things, like Faes trying to be Pirlo in the centre circle in the 88th fookin minute!

But it ‘feels’ different. 
Im well glad he’s gone.

Massively, the last week I've been excited to watch Leicester again. I didn't even watch the Europa conference semi final 2nd leg, as with a bottler in charge against Mourinho the outcome seemed inevitable. Its been 12 months now since I've been this excited, others will say longer but I have to give Rogers some credit for the PSV adrenaline rush.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1