Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Why is vardy offside.? 
he cannot affect the game in any way being ahead of the ball - I think that’s poor from Jamie 

Not easy when you’re running at speed along someone, if Daka slows it down even by a miniscule amount, Jamie’s momentum takes him past him which is what happened sadly.

12 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Ready for the pelters on this one, but I really don't get what everyone sees in Iversen. I think his positioning for some of the goals he's conceded has been really poor, including the goal today. His kicking is also really bad, he can barely reach the halfway line from a rolling ball and seems to lump it out of play alot. Decent couple of saves at the end but they were straight at him. Not seeing the massive upgrade that everyone is talking about 

Madness, Danny ward was that poor that any upgrade is a massive one. I understand the Iverson is not the saviour but its nice to have an eleventh man to remember his aloud to interfere.😆

Edited by DezFox

I will defend both Tete & Kristiansen over the last games,but both were below par today, though the 2 Dane’s saved us today…

So Kris earnt his dues in the last few minutes.

Tete back to bench for Saturday,I think I would at present prefer Vardy on the wing.

I might change my preferences , over the next few days in fact in the last 10 minutes I have rethought a previous post on next team selection…

Iversen

Souttar Soyuncu Faes

Castagna  Soumare. KDH

Maddison

Vardy.                Barnes                
                          Nacho..

I am Split between KDH & Youri..

Nachos fitness is the worry..

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

I'm not saying it's all Daka but he should be taking it on himself regardless as a striker but at the point he played the pass Vardy was clearly offside. 

I agree that daka should have the confidence to shoot but he should also expect that his central striker would stay onside - there is no point vardy being there if he’s ahead of the ball - he can’t even tap in any rebound off the keeper 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Unpopular opinion maybe:

If we beat Everton and get at least a draw at Fulham then tonight's result doesn't matter because we will be safe regardless.

What if Everton and Forest get wins this week before we next play? 

We were shite until the subs, which needed to be made earlier.  Good to see Vardy looking more like his old self, although he really didnt need to be offside with his disallowed goal, and wouldnt have been when at his best, also maybe have to question Daka as to why he didnt shoot himself as well.

Tete needs binning, he offers us absolutely nothing, and its like playing with 10 men.  VK is a concern, primarily because he looks nothing like the player he was when he first arrived, and currently our only other option is Thomas!  Barnes was ineffective, which he often is, especially when he first comes back after injury.  

Maddison picked his game up in the second half, after being shite in the first half, Soumare on the whole was decent, but he still has a mistake in him, and still sometimes wants too much time on the ball.

Personally i thought Tielemans was decent, best he has played since he`s been back, although no where near his top level.  Soyuncu struggled with the physical side of  Bamford i thought, and gave some needless free kicks away against him, but on the whole was ok..

Faes was ok, but could have cost us when he went on his run into the midfield, lost the ball and left us exposed at the back.

Their goal once again was defensively very poor, Kristiansen made it too easy to put a decent cross in, and Castagne must have been day dreaming, because his defending from the ball coming in was shambolic.

A point is better than nothing, but i think Leeds were there for the taking, and we have let 2 points slip away, which has now added even more pressure onto the Everton game. 

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Torten said:

Not easy when you’re running at speed along someone, if Daka slows it down even by a miniscule amount, Jamie’s momentum takes him past him which is what happened sadly.

Yep - but these are experienced pros and vards knows more than most that strikers steady themselves for a split second as they weigh up the shot 

I’ll take the point and put it down to just being unlucky 

Maddison was very frustrating tonight. He tried to overplay everything and lots of moves broke down with him trying to dribble round the entire Leeds team rather than play the quick, forward, easy pass. He also didn't seem bothered, and was laughing with Bamford the second the whistle blew. Anyone would think he didn't care if we were relegated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I’m getting totally f***ed off with Youri and his constant arm throwing, sarcastic smiling and his general attitude. It’s not the world against Youri Tielemans mate, you’ve been largely crap. The free kicks you’re giving away are free kicks, the passes you’re putting straight out of play are on you… 

Cut out the hard done by act and take some accountability. 

Edited by Devonfox1884
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Ready for the pelters on this one, but I really don't get what everyone sees in Iversen. I think his positioning for some of the goals he's conceded has been really poor, including the goal today. His kicking is also really bad, he can barely reach the halfway line from a rolling ball and seems to lump it out of play alot. Decent couple of saves at the end but they were straight at him. Not seeing the massive upgrade that everyone is talking about 

Iverson was our third choice goalkeeper this time last season. He's only in goal now because our second choice keeper turned out to be woeful when we let Schmichael leave.

He's clearly better than Ward, but he's still not a starting keeper for a team that wants to avoid relegation from the Premier League.

25 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Did anyone watch the post game interview with Madders and Vardy? What did Vardy mean when he said he can't really say what he wants it he'd get done? Alluding to something about Rodgers? Madders speaks so so well, he's got a job for life as a pundiy when he retires, he's already better than most on BT. Robbie Savage sitting there in a t shirt with Owen and Beckford talking shite is cringe worthy.

No, I don't think it was anything re. the old regime.

I think he meant if he was allowed to express on air how he was feeling, it would be 'thank **** for that!'

• Like 2

Vardys had a rough 12 months scores the equaliser after, a year of scoring what 1 goal and gets himself offside to score a winner, an some are going I can't believe he's offside there? I can't believe I had so much faith in him that at that precise moment he would equalise after doing nothing for 12 months but I did. I think given the circumstances he may of got a bit excited, but at least he didn't at the moment where he equalised.

3 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Iverson was our third choice goalkeeper this time last season. He's only in goal now because our second choice keeper turned out to be woeful when we let Schmichael leave.

He's clearly better than Ward, but he's still not a starting keeper for a team that wants to avoid relegation from the Premier League.

This is very, very literally what he is!! :huh:

22 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

He’s not Ward.

21 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

I think all we see is the improvement on Ward and points we might have had, if Rodgers didn't persist with him.  Iverson might not be the long-term answer, but he has been clearly an improvement on Ward.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I’m getting totally f***ed off with Youri and his constant arm throwing, sarcastic smiling and his general attitude. It’s not the world against Youri Tielemans mate, you’ve been largely crap. The free kicks you’re giving away are free kicks, the passes you’re putting straight out of play are on you… 

Cut out the hard done by act and take some accountability. 

Think that’s a little harsh. Can understand the arms in the air with that plank Tierney reffing. 

General comment today, I was actually semi impressed with the jip our players were giving the ref for fouls, time wasting etc. Its a step change from the passive, pathetic, accepting of us losing that we became under Brendan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Him standing in the way of shots that are straight at him rather than finding a way to allow them through him is part of what makes him a massive upgrade

But he didn't stand in the way of their goal when that's pretty much all he had to do. He was so slow across his line. I just think we've got 2 poor keepers at the club at the minute and he seems to be getting a pass cus he's not ward

9 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

It's a better point for us than Leeds imo. They'll see this is as a missed opportunity before a tricky run-in. We've got to do the business in the home games though 

I agree. We had the ball in the net three times, on another day it could have easily been 1-3, could have been 3-3….. take it and move on the Everton. It’s unrealistic to think we can win 3 or 4 in a row when we’ve lost 20 games this season. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

Im most concerned about the overall performance which was poor . Barley created any chances against a really poor side. If we  can't beat these then who can we beat. Must improve v Everton . No Tete next game 

Hmm it's a hard one I thought we looked better, but that's more down to fighting spirit, not giving up as many chances, making less silly mistakes, but your right we didn't miss loads of chances. All I would say though is a more confident side are a bit sharper mentally and maybe get themselves onside in those two moments we did have.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1