Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

31 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Will see how Forest and Everton’s games go in the next couple of games before deciding if it’s a good point or not. 

Notts Forest have got Brighton at a good time too, Brighton having just played extra time and losing the semi final, in what would have been quite a draining game, both physically and emotionally for them, and then to have to get themselves back up 3 days later wont be easy, so  i can certainly see them picking up a win sadly.

Everything says that Newcastle should dispatch Everton without much problem, but then i thought that about Arsenal when they lost there!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

We were lucky, but we also didn't give up again. It wasn't pretty, but we got a point. I'll take not giving up and getting a point over our capitulations thought the season.

We deserved at least a draw on the balance of play, I only started to doubt we wouldn't get anything out of that game at the 77th minute 

16 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Madness, Danny ward was that poor that any upgrade is a massive one. I understand the Iverson is not the saviour but its nice to have an eleventh man to remember his aloud to interfere.😆

Wish he'd have interfered a bit better for their goal. And for the Villa winner as well while we're at it

59 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I love one too. Two issues with this one. He just hasn’t got it. The guys behind him all have a tendency to brain fart too! 

We very nearly scored from one in the first half, nearly diverted a cross into Kel's path after a barnstorming run!

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

Blaming Iversen for their goal is something. That was more on VK and Castagne than anyone else.

I think the passing before the cross was crisp, we probably should bring Harrison down before the cross but then u get a yellow card on what 20 mins, I felt the goal was well worked and its hard to blame anyone, if the cross is that good it's hard to defend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Blaming Iversen for their goal is something. That was more on VK and Castagne than anyone else.

It was a good ball but **** me it was so soft. Not even an attempt to get up to challenge Sinisterra 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, John rayner said:

We had 2 goals disallowed, showed great resilience in the 2nd half ,iversen made vital saves ,Leeds also fighting for survival, so take a point ,and we are at home Monday night ,we all need to make some noise 😀 

See with such reports, we witnessed an exciting unbelievable game…

What those offsides might  cost us, Another Tielemans strike.

Vardy not quite holding his patience or the line..If Daka was selfish..

I wonder unlike Bob Geldorf, we end up liking Mondays..

In for a toffee,in for a pound.

Just now, filbertway said:

Everything about that Leeds goal was class, hard to find fault with anyone there. Sometimes you just had to say fair play.

I agree, the ball in the box is quality it is just a good goal. Hate conceding but at least this time we didn’t gift it to the opposition 

13 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

Im most concerned about the overall performance which was poor . Barley created any chances against a really poor side. If we  can't beat these then who can we beat. Must improve v Everton . No Tete next game 

1. Youri VAR (unlucky)

2. Maddison v.close to Nacho cross

3 & 4. Nacho curler from 18yds Meslier saved and Daka rebound (given offside but looked very close on replay)

5. Nacho in 1on1, Meslier smoothered

6. Vards offside, Daka should have arguably shot himself.

7. And obviously the goal itself.

We created multiple chances and absolutely deserved a point, at the very least.

I would add to the above, if Tete wasn’t so wasteful, we could have carved them open a couple of times on the break in the first half, but he took too many touches and too long and squandered really promising attacks that would have likely led to good chances on goal.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JonnyBoy said:

Anyone else confused as to if that’s a good result or not for us? 

We were the better side no doubt but stopping Leeds getting 3pts on us was probably at least as equally important as getting the point. They would have targeted this match as their best chance of a win this season. 

Five games left for Leeds, Newcastle and Tottenham at home and away to Bournemouth, Man City and West Ham. They'll be desperate to beat Bournemouth now otherwise they'll go into the last two games of the season hoping West Ham and Tottenham turn up in their flip flops.

It was important to keep four teams around us otherwise you're vulnerable to another side winning two games on the trot.

• Like 3

Just having a bev in Leeds after that.

Soumare was very good, Kel was good, Cags was fine. Everything Kirstiansen did (even if the right idea) was absolutely horrid, Tete isn't a footballer and Barnes was non existent. 

Second half we merited a point even if we tried to throw them away with them two corners at the end, **** me.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We were the better side no doubt but stopping Leeds getting 3pts on us was probably at least as equally important as getting the point. They would have targeted this match as their best chance of a win this season. 

Five games left for Leeds, Newcastle and Tottenham at home and away to Bournemouth, Man City and West Ham. They'll be desperate to beat Bournemouth now otherwise they'll go into the last two games of the season hoping West Ham and Tottenham turn up in their flip flops.

It was important to keep four teams around us otherwise you're vulnerable to another side winning two games on the trot.

We have to target that weekend when Leeds have Man City, we have Fulham. The opportunity is there to outpoint them. 

Wow.. ****.i hate this 

Edit. I'm.gonna be surprised if Leeds pick up more than 4 points from now on in. They are universally disliked. If I was a Hammers fan, I'd be relishing a chance to relegate a team (hopefully not us last day!!)

Edited by Paninistickers

8 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Ridiculously obvious statement, but keep Maddison fit and we will stay up. 

Never mind that - we need to be taking Nacho's groin and pumping it full of whatever they were using to keep Vardy playing during similar injuries in the past. He's been absolutely vital these past two games. Really hope its not a tear. :cry:

Edited by OntarioFox
groing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyBoy said:

Anyone else confused as to if that’s a good result or not for us? 

If we go down I don't think dropping 2 points tonight after gaining a hard earned point away at a raucous Elland Road will be seen as a key reason. Gifting Bournemouth the win at the KP, however, might well be...

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

If we go down I don't think dropping 2 points tonight after gaining a hard earned point away at a raucous Elland Road will be seen as a key reason. Gifting Bournemouth the win at the KP, however, might well be...

Keeping Rodgers for too long will be the reason 

23 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Wish he'd have interfered a bit better for their goal. And for the Villa winner as well while we're at it

I think you are being a bit silly now.Had no chance whatsoever with the Villa winner after N’Didi played a somewhat surprising but sublime pass.

• Like 1