Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Harry96 said:

Good point provided we beat Everton 

We could point ourselves to survival,

Even if Forest & Everton get one win…then lose the rest.

Its all in the lap of the gods…our results are nothing to write home about.

Its who can throw the better dice..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Massive respect has to go to Iheanacho who injured himself in the build up to our goal but still managed to get the pass off to Maddison so he could set up Vardy.  He was limping very badly but still got the pass off.

Many  players would have gone down but  but he stayed up and it’s got us a point. Who knows how important that point could be by the end of the season…

IMG_0872.jpeg

They should add that to the pre match montage for the Everton game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

They should add that to the pre match montage for the Everton game. 

if you see the actual replay and  focus on Iheanacho that you’ll see the massive effort he puts in just to get the ball away to madders.  Big respect to him.

• Like 1

Take the point. Thought we were the better side overall but didn’t create enough. Not much quality on show from either side, but both fighting for survival. Leeds were boosted by the disallowed goal and then scored against the run of play. They were more aggressive but less controlled than us. I thought Harrison had Kristiansen first half, but he dealt better with him in the second. Subs changed it. Could’ve won it, could have lost it at the end. Felt tonight was must not loose rather than must win, but Everton is huge Monday night - it already was to be fair. Pleased for Vards, and pleased we are finally showing some spirit too

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Stopping them getting an extra 2 points is just as important as the point we got ourselves. 

True, although i think they will beat Bournemouth on Saturday and Spurs at home on the last day, which should see them safe.

Everton has now gone from a must not lose game to an absolutely must win game now for us, then realistically if  do beat Everton, we probably need a win and a draw from our last four games, so probably Fulham and West Ham, although it depends which Liverpool turn up here as well to be fair. 

Ive written off the Newcastle game, it will be their last home game of the season, very probably have already sealed top 4, and it will be a carnival, where their players will want to put on a show without any pressure.

In fact im a little bit worried our goal difference might get a hammering in that game!

Should have won, but we'd have lost it under Rodgers. 

We're just drilled again. I can get behind us.

Vardy may well go on a purple patch after that. We've seen him explode into form before, and he seems to be playing with a hunger we haven't seen for a while.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Well short of putting Smithies in, we have a choice of Ward or Iversen, and as others have said, Iversen may not be the answer long term, but given the choice of Ward or Iversen, its not even close, its Iversen everytime, and i honestly believe that had Rodgers dropped Ward after the Brighton away game, by which time it was abundantly clear Ward was no where near good enough, then we would have had some time before january to assess Iversen, and bring in another Keeper if we felt we had too, and we would have more points than we currently have. Not playing Soyuncu and keeping faith with Ward for so long is totallly on Rodgers and a major reason we are in the mess we are in now.

In fact its almost as if Rodgers was on some kind of mission to get us relegated!

I'm honestly surprised that Smithies isn't our number two given what horror we've endured with Ward in goal this season. If we go with Iversen next season, then we definitely need a proper back up keeper, I don't want to see Ward play for us ever again.

• Like 2

I believe Iversen is shaping up to be a top goalkeeper..I couldn’t care what others say,because I don’t go OTT on every error…but tonight he shouldn’t have been beaten on the post… If it went across him to the other corner ok. But the near post area belongs to the GK..

I still rate him and his future potential..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Should have won, but we'd have lost it under Rodgers. 

We're just drilled again. I can get behind us.

Vardy may well go on a purple patch after that. We've seen him explode into form before, and he seems to be playing with a hunger we haven't seen for a while.

I agree and arguably we did better without him and Barnes against Wolves oddly. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Would Soumare have been called offside in other games,yes he was standing offside but was he interfering with play,or in goalkeepers eyeline…

just a question because I didn’t see All relevant angles…..??

I wasn’t sure at the time, but watching it back he comes from the offside position to lay it back to Youri to smack it home. Not for the keepers eyeline as I originally thought

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Would Soumare have been called offside in other games,yes he was standing offside but was he interfering with play,or in goalkeepers eyeline…

just a question because I didn’t see All relevant angles…..??

The ball bounced off him into the path of Tielemens  for the ‘goal’.

4 hours ago, BillyFOX12 said:

I'm honestly surprised that Smithies isn't our number two given what horror we've endured with Ward in goal this season. If we go with Iversen next season, then we definitely need a proper back up keeper, I don't want to see Ward play for us ever again.

Totally agree. 

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

A fine result for us, really.  Leeds have a tougher run-in.  But my goodness, how has Bamford missed that chance?  You'll never see one easier than that.  And for those saying he was offside,

image.png.9eb3a0c2705052536a42ccce0545c679.png

But their number 5 is...