Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

A fine result for us, really.  Leeds have a tougher run-in.  But my goodness, how has Bamford missed that chance?  You'll never see one easier than that.  And for those saying he was offside,

image.png.9eb3a0c2705052536a42ccce0545c679.png

He looks offside to me. Look at the six yard line then draw the same angle from Bamford through to Castagne. Think it may've been VAR'd had it gone in. 

Had our wingers offered any threat at all. We would have won comfortably. Madders was pulling strings. But it was all in the congested middle. As the dead beat wingers were doing absolutely diddly. Even then he still created stuff. So tragic neither Tete or Barnes showed up. Perhaps they could have been hooked off a little earlier. 

• Like 1

Still a bit gutted it’s only a point i know it’s 2 unbeaten and a hard earned point in the end but these were terrible and a much more winnable game than I think Everton will be . Glad to see vardy get his goal hopefully he gets a few more between now and the end of the season . He doesn’t need relegation to be how his time ends here so I imagine he is up for the fight. Hopefully nacho is fit as he will be a big loss. A point against Everton isn’t the end of the world if we can keep picking points up here and there and Leeds forest and Southampton keep losing. Going to be a tense finish to the season 

Let’s see how Everton and forest get on tonight. If they both lose then it’s a point gained, that’s the only way to look at it.

we played well enough to win the match, but so nearly could have lost. Had we turned up for half the games we lost and played this way, we wouldn’t be in the mess we are in. In isolation,  a point at Elland Road is never a bad result.

It’s in our hands and we are out of the bottom 3. let’s look to the positives. Last night was never going to guarantee safety/relegation - win lose or draw. It just makes the Everton fixture bigger and adds more pressure on picking up points from the remaining games after that. 

Everton - 3pts

Fulham - 1pt 

liverpool - 0pt

Newcastle - 0pt

West Ham - 3pts

36 Total. (I think will be enough)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LboroLeeds said:

If anyone's interested in a Leeds view...

1st half we were the better team mainly through being aggressive and playing on the front foot without causing you any problems bar the goal.

2nd half you were much the better team. We couldn't get the ball off you, when we did we gave it straight back and showed how bad we really are. We went into passive mode, made a strange sub which had no impact and again left our best player on the bench.

Would Gnonto have changed it? Not sure but at least would've given you something to think about.

Quitest game Barnes has had v us I reckon, Vardys movement always causes us problems and was a great finish.

Thought your lad should've shot when through instead of squaring it, but most grateful he didn't!

Was a point a fair result?

Probably, given the pressure and chances we had at the end.

FWIW on that 2nd half evidence you e got enough to stay up.

I think we're done, that was our last 'winnable' game IMO.

Lovely drive home down the M1 wasn't it?! 🙄

I think that's a pretty fair and balanced view - given all the chances in the game, either side could have won it and both sides would have probably felt hard done by if they'd lost - which is usually an indicator that a draw is probably the fairest result. Though who knows if it does either of us any good at this point... Best of luck for the rest of the season (though not at our expense!)

• Like 2

Glad to take the point in the end. Vardy looking sharper and more hungry than he has of late. Also thought Soumare did pretty well apart from a couple of times caught in possession. Maddison also seemed to get better as the game wore on.

Nightmare first half for VK but thought he improved a bit in the second. Tete not really good enough and Barnes presumably not yet completely fit.

We seem to look good when our centre backs stride forward, though this can go badly wrong of course.

Very stressful end to the season. Please, please beat Everton.

1 minute ago, One Arm Babba said:

Let’s see how Everton and forest get on tonight. If they both lose then it’s a point gained, that’s the only way to look at it.

we played well enough to win the match, but so nearly could have lost. Had we turned up for half the games we lost and played this way, we wouldn’t be in the mess we are in. In isolation,  a point at Elland Road is never a bad result.

It’s in our hands and we are out of the bottom 3. let’s look to the positives. Last night was never going to guarantee safety/relegation - win lose or draw. It just makes the Everton fixture bigger and adds more pressure on picking up points from the remaining games after that. 

Everton - 3pts

Fulham - 1pt 

liverpool - 0pt

Newcastle - 0pt

West Ham - 3pts

Fulham are decent but beatable. Liverpool haven't shaken off their inconsistency - at the weekend they almost failed to win at home against Forest, who have the worst away record in the division. We can get more than one point from those two fixtures.

The only game I see us really struggling to get anything from is Newcastle away, and even a point there is not impossible - they're very good, but they're no Man City.

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Would Soumare have been called offside in other games,yes he was standing offside but was he interfering with play,or in goalkeepers eyeline…

just a question because I didn’t see All relevant angles…..??

5 hours ago, MPH said:

The ball bounced off him into the path of Tielemens  for the ‘goal’.

This - I mean he literally stops it going out for a goal kick stop in an offside position - you couldn’t have a more offside offside ! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LboroLeeds said:

13 minutes ago, LboroLeeds said:

If anyone's interested in a Leeds view...

1st half we were the better team mainly through being aggressive and playing on the front foot without causing you any problems bar the goal.

2nd half you were much the better team. We couldn't get the ball off you, when we did we gave it straight back and showed how bad we really are. We went into passive mode, made a strange sub which had no impact and again left our best player on the bench.

Would Gnonto have changed it? Not sure but at least would've given you something to think about.

Quitest game Barnes has had v us I reckon, Vardys movement always causes us problems and was a great finish.

Thought your lad should've shot when through instead of squaring it, but most grateful he didn't!

Was a point a fair result?

Probably, given the pressure and chances we had at the end.

FWIW on that 2nd half evidence you e got enough to stay up.

I think we're done, that was our last 'winnable' game IMO.

Lovely drive home down the M1 wasn't it?! 🙄

A fair assessment. I keep telling myself it was two points lost for us rather than one gained, then I remember that Bamford miss and I think a draw was reasonable in the circumstances. 

For you, Spurs at home on the last day is definitely 'winnable'. This weekend at Bournemouth is massive for you.

Edited by ClaphamFox

Having slept on it, it’s definitely a point gained. We were behind until the 79th minute. You can’t expect to win from there although if one teen was more likely across the full 90, it was definitely us. 

Worth mentioning that Barnes needed a game to come back from his injury which he has no had. We’ll be better for that on Monday. 

Some have said on here already but it’s true - beat Everton on Monday and I think we just need one more win. Assuming Everton and Forest lose this week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Having slept on it, it’s definitely a point gained. We were behind until the 79th minute. You can’t expect to win from there although if one teen was more likely across the full 90, it was definitely us. 

Worth mentioning that Barnes needed a game to come back from his injury which he has no had. We’ll be better for that on Monday. 

Some have said on here already but it’s true - beat Everton on Monday and I think we just need one more win. Assuming Everton and Forest lose this week.

Unfortunately I can see Forest getting the win at home to Brighton. Hopefully I’m wrong!

34 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

Everton - 3pts

Fulham - 1pt 

liverpool - 0pt

Newcastle - 0pt

West Ham - 3pts

We’ll get something at home to Liverpool 

37 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

Everton - 3pts

Fulham - 1pt 

liverpool - 0pt

Newcastle - 0pt

West Ham - 3pts

idk why many writing off the liverpool game, they are terribly average and at home we can do them like we have numerous times before

• Like 1