Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Absolutley shambolic marking there

VK is fast becoming liability defensively. He’s worse than Thomas and I didn’t think that was possible. 

He looks like a bit of a one trick pony to me….. but I like his enthusiasm and energy, that’s what we need to get us over the line. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

VK is fast becoming liability defensively. He’s worse than Thomas and I didn’t think that was possible. 

He looks like a bit of a one trick pony to me….. but I like his enthusiasm and energy, that’s what we need to get us over the line. 

.. He is tending to be too over excited and sold himself against Harrison for the goal!!! 

1 hour ago, LboroLeeds said:

If anyone's interested in a Leeds view...

1st half we were the better team mainly through being aggressive and playing on the front foot without causing you any problems bar the goal.

2nd half you were much the better team. We couldn't get the ball off you, when we did we gave it straight back and showed how bad we really are. We went into passive mode, made a strange sub which had no impact and again left our best player on the bench.

Would Gnonto have changed it? Not sure but at least would've given you something to think about.

Quitest game Barnes has had v us I reckon, Vardys movement always causes us problems and was a great finish.

Thought your lad should've shot when through instead of squaring it, but most grateful he didn't!

Was a point a fair result?

Probably, given the pressure and chances we had at the end.

FWIW on that 2nd half evidence you e got enough to stay up.

I think we're done, that was our last 'winnable' game IMO.

Lovely drive home down the M1 wasn't it?! 🙄

Wish most opposition posters could be as fair as yourself - good summary of the game 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At least on the evidence of the last 2 games, if we were to go down, Vards could bang plenty in in the championship.

Much better from us in general and I think we’ll look back after the last game of the season and see this point as the one that saved us. 

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

People going on about Bamfords miss.....he was OFFSIDE!!

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

He wasn't. I thought so at the time, but when they showed the replay afterwards he was clearly onside.

Might've looked onside on the replay but would most likely have been VAR'd as offside once they started drawing the lines. Probably a toe-nail call but it's a moot point anyway. 

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. He is tending to be too over excited and sold himself against Harrison for the goal!!! 

No shame in that, Harrison did well creating that goal and is a good player. 

Kristiansen will come good, I'm sure of it. He's just a bit naïve at times, but he's only young. 

9 hours ago, MPH said:

Massive respect has to go to Iheanacho who injured himself in the build up to our goal but still managed to get the pass off to Maddison so he could set up Vardy.  He was limping very badly but still got the pass off.

Many  players would have gone down but  but he stayed up and it’s got us a point. Who knows how important that point could be by the end of the season…

IMG_0872.jpeg

Great and important pass of the night…

Well done & a big THx Nacho for riding it out…

8 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Soumare man of the match for me, had another brilliant second half. Castagne has probably been the most consistent performer for me over the last two games - nothing flashy but great at getting us up the pitch with urgency.

Soumare was steady. Calm on the hallmark doesn’t give it away. Not creative like Youri, but. 10x better than Wilf. Strong in the challenge of late too. 

He’ll come good under Smith.

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m taking Iversen into next season as No.1. I rate him. 

Harrison is Maddison without the prime donna touch. Top player. 

Iversen won't lose that shot stopping ability. Send him away in the summer to work on basic distribution. Nothing fancy and don't over think the problem. Just get the basics right. 

If they can work on that then he takes over from Kasper in the Denmark team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Soumare was steady. Calm on the hallmark doesn’t give it away. Not creative like Youri, but. 10x better than Wilf. Strong in the challenge of late too. 

He’ll come good under Smith.

When you look at him, he should be unplayable. He’s been accused of being slow, but in reality he actually isn’t…. He’s a powerhouse. It’s clear Rodgers just can’t manage players like him, because he’s obsessed with keeping the ball. Smith will use Soumare for his skill set, thus far it’s proving to be a good choice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

When you look at him, he should be unplayable. He’s been accused of being slow, but in reality he actually isn’t…. He’s a powerhouse. It’s clear Rodgers just can’t manage players like him, because he’s obsessed with keeping the ball. Smith will use Soumare for his skill set, thus far it’s proving to be a good choice. 

I said a couple of months ago, I noticed him do 2 sprints in a game, which was the first time I'd noticed it and he was absolutely rapid. Really odd that we've not looked to bring that side out more.

11 hours ago, shen said:
11 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Iverson was our third choice goalkeeper this time last season. He's only in goal now because our second choice keeper turned out to be woeful when we let Schmichael leave.

He's clearly better than Ward, but he's still not a starting keeper for a team that wants to avoid relegation from the Premier League.

This is very, very literally what he is!! :huh:

I meant ability wise…

34 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Absolutely, he’s a unit who can play a bit. You can’t play his game and worry about losing possession, if you do, you stifle the talent he has. 

He’ll become a player that a real manager trusts. 

1 hour ago, Mawuli said:

Corner in the dying minutes and we didn't bring on souttar for soumare, crazy really 

..  Funny,  when Rodgers does that, we tended to concede,  good thing we choose not to do so!!! 

Do you remember Rodgers first game with us,  brought on a defender and disrupted the backline, and conceded the winner in the last minute. 

• Haha 1