Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, coolcol said:

Leaving the car park en route out of Leeds, we listened to BBC Leeds fans phone in.

If you think our fans are negative sometimes, my God they were slating the team and the majority of them expect to see Leeds relegated. 

They couldn't understand why Gnonto was not brought on. 

I think you witnessed the reason for our negativity last night 😉

26 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Personally would have taken a draw at the start of the game.

Was a brilliant game to watch, nerve racking at times and edge of the seat stuff. 

The draw's a decent result. Keeps Leeds within touching distance. 

Same here. Important thing is that it keeps them in it and if we can continue to play with the same intent, we should be able to pick up more results than the teams around us. Very touch and go for now.

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's 20yrs of age, just moved from a different country and culture, vastly different football and a huge step up to a faster more physical league where his team are engaged in a high pressured relegation dog fight sometimes against some of the best players in Europe! No pre-season, just straight in, not knowing anyone, with a very doubtful manager in charge who gets sacked shortly after he arrives, quickly followed by a couple of inadequates, then yet another new manager and coaching team with probably even more different ideas 🤔

What did you honestly expect for the money, the finished article, an instant cheap Cafu?

The comments young players like Kristensen and Thomas have to put up with from some of our fanbase it's no wonder they later bare a grudge when they move on and have no love for the club like Chilwell. Players this young will always put in the odd poor performance, whether here Manchester City or Real Madrid, there's a huge learning curve.

Constructive criticism is one thing but should always be made with a level of understanding of where they're at on their football journey. Some supporters have a measuring capability of either excellent or crap only. 

:appl: Some balance goes along way.

.I always felt Chilwell was chased out of the club,the heavy criticism he took

Was quite pathetic… knee-jerk reaction

,and still some carried on cynically putting the boot in  through the week..

on small time errors.

Great post..!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LboroLeeds said:

I think you witnessed the reason for our negativity last night 😉

Most Leicester fans I speak to are the opposite. We feel we can beat Everton next Monday, and ultimately escape relegation, because we have quality in our side. 

Funnily enough, you're a Leeds fan in Loughborough, and I met 2 Leeds supporting brothers last night from Mountsorrel ! 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

:appl: Some balance goes along way.

.I always felt Chilwell was chased out of the club,the heavy criticism he took

Was quite pathetic… knee-jerk reaction

,and still some carried on cynically putting the boot in  through the week..

on small time errors.

Great post..!!

I may have misread this post, but I was sorry to see Chilwell go. Having said that, I felt that Chelsea immediately made better use of Ben than we had...

Moving even further off-topic, it seems to me that ex- Foxes players like Chilwell automatically get booed by a section of the home crowd when they return to King Power.

This strikes me as 'mardy', and it's daft that good servants like Mahrez should get a poor reaction, the absolute ridiculous extent being the booing of Shilton when he returned years ago (proving it's nothing new)...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LboroLeeds said:

Yep, both ends always stand up. I was in our Family Stand and strangely 75% of the time everyone was stood up in there too.

Much more fun 😁

Do you go to all Leeds home games? If so, how did our atmosphere compared to the other away fans you've seen the season ?

Who were the best this season in your opinion ?

17 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

That’s insightful.

FWIW. I was only highlighting something that’s a common theme. Not saying it’s a good tactic. 

Oh absolutely, I wasn't having a dig. I was just amused we commented more or less the same thing at the same time. 

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh absolutely, I wasn't having a dig. I was just amused we commented more or less the same thing at the same time. 

Oh sorry Finners, I thought you were just laughing at my view on it, which would be fair enough.

Seeing it happen makes me uncomfortable because we’re so susceptible to an overload on either flank.

• Like 1

it does lead you vulnerable to a switch of play but the idea is that your defence should be compact and reduce space to hit from the wings, so the far full back is tucked in to around level with your six yard box when the ball is on the other wing and the defence shuttles across as the ball moves. problem is to make it work your full backs have got to be switched on and know where their winger is at all times, and Castagne had absolutely no idea where Sinistera was. it's his game awareness more than the tactic that was at fault there

• Like 2

Guest Fox99

I think this post-match comment from Dean offers quite a good assessment... I feel like we’ve lost two points, but they’ve had two good chances at the end, so we could’ve lost the game we feel we should have won.

7 hours ago, jim5000 said:

I meant ability wise…

Surely you could say that only in retrospect if we fail to stay up. It's of course subjective, so you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but I think our upturn in performances and results indicate it's a premature conclusion.

FYI He's had fewer than 10 games in a team that is defensively porous, yet he still manages a save % of 69,7 (above Ederson, Lloris, Sanchez and De Gea from the top half), which I think is commendable.

Guest Col city fan
28 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Amazing slow-mo of the goal in this tweet. Seeing Kels collapse in a heap is heart breaking;

My respect for Kel increased immensely after last night. Seeing him, in pain, making that crucial pass and then celebrating when we scored was heart-warming.

In an age where the loyalty of players etc can be highly questioned, this man demonstrated how important LCFC is to him, as is not being relegated.

For any of us who has had a groin strain, it can be AGONY when it pops. 
Proper legend 👍

19 hours ago, coolcol said:

Do you go to all Leeds home games? If so, how did our atmosphere compared to the other away fans you've seen the season ?

Who were the best this season in your opinion ?

Tbh that was my first home this season.

I go with my Dad, he didn't feel confident being in a crowd for a while after Covid then was ill so only just managed to get him up there again.

Ironically I've never been to so few games as since we got promoted, did far more in the Championship and League 1 which were far more fun tbh.

But to answer your question I thought you were decent at the start and obvs after you scored til the end.

I've seen away fans at ER who sang more often and for longer but equally you certainly weren't the worst.

The world's first diplomatic Leeds fan, right here 😁

Oh and the best seen at ER? Newcastle. Hands down.

Edited by LboroLeeds

49 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Am I imaging it or is that Bamford miss exactly the same as the one against Sunderland (Rodwell, I think) during our last survival fight 

Nah.  Rodwell's miss for Sunderland was title season 2015-16.   

We were 1 0 up at the time, and i'm still expecting Rodwell to score.   One of the great moments, from an incredible season!

16 hours ago, Danizen said:

Am I imaging it or is that Bamford miss exactly the same as the one against Sunderland (Rodwell, I think) during our last survival fight 

That's what I like.... The superstitious nature of footie fans.

Bring back Andy King !!