Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Championship and League One were only more fun when we were at the top going after promotion. Those seasons under Levein, Megson, Kelly, Megson, Holloway etc. when we were struggling absolutely were not fun. It was “fun” in League One because we won every week 

Football-wise, yes.

But the experience of going to and being at the matches? Definitely more fun lower down, regardless.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2023 at 17:55, Phil Bowman said:

Football-wise, yes.

But the experience of going to and being at the matches? Definitely more fun lower down, regardless.

I don’t remember watching Stephen Hughes and Gareth Williams at the heart of our midfield, in a half full stadium, losing to (insert shit team here) being any fun.

Some good away grounds, granted. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 28/04/2023 at 14:35, Sampson said:

Championship and League One were only more fun when we were at the top going after promotion. Those seasons under Levein, Megson, Kelly, Megson, Holloway etc. when we were struggling absolutely were not fun. It was “fun” in League One because we won every week 

It was a 'feeling' around the club that things were happening. The players were positive and all contributed.

The years prior to league 1 were a grim malaise. The club simply existed and lurched from grim transfer to grim transfer backed by useless management.

The year were relegated from the prem under Micky Adams was still fun even though we were relegated imo.

1 minute ago, kenny said:

It was a 'feeling' around the club that things were happening. The players were positive and all contributed.

The years prior to league 1 were a grim malaise. The club simply existed and lurched from grim transfer to grim transfer backed by useless management.

The year were relegated from the prem under Micky Adams was still fun even though we were relegated imo.

2002/03? Yea, winning every week is fun. The 2003/04 season where we gave up every game after 75 minutes, dropped like 15 points in that stage of games and got relegated was definitely not fun

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

2002/03? Yea, winning every week is fun. The 2003/04 season where we gave up every game after 75 minutes, dropped like 15 points in that stage of games and got relegated was definitely not fun

I enjoyed it despite relegation. Scored plenty, signed ridiculous amounts of free transfers most of which were past it, it was a bonkers way of trying to stay up but probably the only one that the club had at the time.

Levein, Kelly, Holloway etc was grim and boring.

Genuinely can't believe anyone describing Championship and especially League One as fun. It was the worst day of my life going down to League One. 

It felt like we were slowly dying as a football club every year building up to that. 18,000 some weekends. Shit signings. Shit football. Far less coverage. It was just shit.

We've been challenging for the Champions League, won an FA Cup and been playing in Europe until last season. I genuinely don't get this place sometimes.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t remember watching Stephen Hughes and Gareth Williams at the heart of our midfield, in a half full stadium, losing to (insert shit team here) being any fun.

Some good away grounds, granted. 

Don't forget Patrick Kisnorbo, who "used to be sh!te but now is alright" 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Genuinely can't believe anyone describing Championship and especially League One as fun. It was the worst day of my life going down to League One. 

It felt like we were slowly dying as a football club every year building up to that. 18,000 some weekends. Shit signings. Shit football. Far less coverage. It was just shit.

We've been challenging for the Champions League, won an FA Cup and been playing in Europe until last season. I genuinely don't get this place sometimes.

It takes all sorts mate

we’re all made differently ….. we’ll that’s not true on a biological level but you know what I mean ….