Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, KP Fox said:

We are a threat when we have Vards and Kel together. 

To be honest I don’t know why this hasn’t been tried more. Even when Vardy isn’t scoring he makes space for Ian to do his thing.

I presume it’s because we don’t know what to do with Maddison and Barnes when we play both. 

Just now, splinterdream said:

Ugh, should be a win, feel it has to be a learning curve for Smith, I’m not sure he’ll start Tete again, again I think Soumare is growing as a player and starts for me, Barnes clearly wasn’t fit, it’s important if he starts for Everton he’s fit

Once we did make the subs, we looked far better… could have done with making them sooner 

Fun game and the xG shows it. Forgot what it's like to see Leicester try and score goals, loved it. Absolutely gutted for Youri for that goal being disallowed.

Credit to every man on the pitch tonight, could see there is still a bit of a lack of confidence at times. We stuck at it though and showed fight right till the very end. Loved Kel pumping up the crowd as he walked off as well.

• Like 4

We look dangerous with at least 3 strikers on the pitch, need to ditch the 1 striker system.

Draw isnt ideal, but it prevents Leeds pulling away from us so we still in the fight.

Nacho great performance, and pulled of an amazing pass after injuring his groin, really hope he recovers quickly.

I think we needed the win tonight. I think we played pretty good overall given what we are going through and were overall the better team. Once again though not being able to keep a clean sheet costs us points.

Really upset with the Nacho injury, that will him out of the next game and he was one of our best players tonight. Vardy bagging could be huge though.

• Like 3

Should have won it by the end probably. But will take the draw, a loss would have been disastrous. Last 25, other than the Iversen saves and Bamford miss incidents, we dominated. 

Good subs, heroics by Nacho passing whilst holding his knob, Iversen saves and Vardy back to scoring. Great stuff. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

Should've started Vardy in hindsight or brought him on earlier. Barnes didn't look fit...Tete useless....solid at the back but Kristiansen had a tough game...thought Soumare played well and Youri did ok...Maddison is a touch of class but gutted if thats Iheanacho out now for a while....big big loss as links up our forward play well and to pass it through like he did...injured....my hero ❤

I'll take that point. Yes, Leeds were doggo, but so were some of our players. Deano is learning what his best first 11 should be.

My biggest take away from this is, all of our Belgians should be starting from now on, Praet should be playing because Tete just doesn't work, he has zero confidence. 

Also Ian has to play beside either Vards or Daka (or both). Otherwise it's as bad as isolating Vards in the previous seasons.

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Terrible result. That was our easiest game. Now Iheanacho-less, could be in the bottom 3 before the next one. 

Even if we beat Everton, we now have to beat at least one of the teams we can’t really expect to beat.

Cheer up

• Haha 1