Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It's fvcking horrible on so many levels. Give me mid table mediocrity any day of the week

Whether we are playing near the top or relegation, I can’t take this. The end of season for 3 of the last four seasons have been painful. 

Maybe it will be better if we achieve our goal

6 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Anyone else confused as to if that’s a good result or not for us? 

Its not a bad result. We'll say its mediocre. A good result would have been a win, a bad result would have been a defeat 

Happy it’s ended! That’s was a tough watch but in an edge of your seat way (in good and bad ways!).

I feel we needed a win tonight but take a draw, hope results go our way tomorrow and then a real must win on Monday.

It was chaotic and abit sloppy in the first half, but I felt we created some good stuff, 2nd half we started slow but were the better team as the half went on.

Fair result in the end, both teams created chances and neither could finish them.

Iversen 7.5/10 - Quality double save at the end

Kristiansen 5/10 - Awful today, absolutely awful

Soyuncu 8/10 - Joint best player in blue today, really solid didn't really put a foot wrong

Faes 7/10 - Got the ball forward and was progressive but did lose the ball a few times trying to do too much

Castagne 6.5/10 - Really poor defending for the goal, but constantly left in a 2 vs 1 because of Tete's refusal to defend, was our only attacking threat on the right side of the pitch

Tete 4/10 - Awful, created nothing, even when he "got into the game" it was backwards passes or passing into a player with nowhere to go

Tielemans 7/10 - Did okay, made multiple mistakes but had a lot of the ball, got some great tackles in and was trying to be positive

Soumare  8/10 - Alongside Soyuncu joint best player, was everywhere today, tackling, passing, link up play and interceptions. Great again

Maddison 6/10 - Wanted the ball, and tried to be progressive, but absolutely spineless and was never up for a fight. Delivery was woeful all game.

Barnes 5/10 - Anonymous, did nothing, couldn't do anything right today

Iheanacho 7.5/10 - Nothing went for him today but he was progressive and put the team first for the goal even when going down injured, a player we need. 

Overall thought we were the better side but a fair result, 2 really poor teams today and often was just playing pinball. 

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Unbeaten in 2 games.. progress 

You’re not wrong. We lose that one under Rodgers. Put another point on the board and we are showing a bit more resilience to fight for the odd point here and there. A win vs Everton and a couple more points ground out like that and we should be okay.

Monday night is huge.

6 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Anyone else confused as to if that’s a good result or not for us? 

Its the result we've been given and at half time I'd have snapped your hand off for a draw....keeps the dream of staying up alive and keeps Leeds in the mix.

Got away with one there. We didn't play well, second half was just low energy until the subs, and they should have won it at the end. But a little bit of a run building, which might count for something.

We're still not very good though. Too many people thinking our quality will somehow shine through at some point but that's long gone. If we survive we probably don't deserve it.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Soyuncu absolutely class, calm and composed throughout. The odd moment but generally really good from Soumare too..

When Faes has his brain fart at the end and went on that daft run. I just had this image of Cags looking at him and thinking “This dick, Brendan ?”

Can't get used to the manager making subs and them actually working!! 

They looked weak when we pressured them. Shame Kels got hurt as with him on the field in the last 10 I think we would have bagged again.

Said at the start of the day a draw was no good. Good not to lose to Leeds but obviously only an excellent point if Everton and Forest mess up next. 

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

Should've started Vardy in hindsight or brought him on earlier. Barnes didn't look fit...Tete useless....solid at the back but Kristiansen had a tough game...thought Soumare played well and Youri did ok...Maddison is a touch of class but gutted if thats Iheanacho out now for a while....big big loss as links up our forward play well and to pass it through like he did...injured....my hero ❤

I think we have to play two up front. Daka can be frustrating but we need his pace. We also need Vardy’s guile. Nacho now out for the run in I suspect. 

6 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Terrible result. That was our easiest game. Now Iheanacho-less, could be in the bottom 3 before the next one. 

Even if we beat Everton, we now have to beat at least one of the teams we can’t really expect to beat.

No easy games even when we were top of the league

Positive- we battled back for a draw after being 1 down. 

Negative- did not test their shite keeper anywhere near enough. 

Draw probably a fair result. I feel we were the better team for large parts but Iversen had to make 2 huge saves near the end plus the dreadful miss by Bamford.

We are still alive and now need 3 points against Everton. 

Just now, FoxOfMelton said:

What do we think Vardy meant there in the post match interview where he said "I can't say what I want to say without getting done"?

Guess we’ll never know