Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

On 26/04/2023 at 17:09, oxtonfox said:

You get the feeling that from the 5 games left we need to take points and ideally 7 from Everton, Fulham and finally West Ham. I am hoping the Hammers will either be wearing flip-flops or thinking about the Conference Final. I cant see us getting any points from Liverpool (Home) and Newcastle (Away) to be honest. Goal Difference may be worth one extra point to us too! 

Basically, given the really poor position we have put ourselves in, we need to be performing like a top 4 team to get out of this mess, which in the context of this season, it is going to be very difficult. Forest winning could be the difference (and I think also for us us not getting something from the Bournemouth game was critical as it set them free while it plunged us deeper into trouble).

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, shailen said:

Watched parts of their game yesterday and despite the scoreline, parts of their play was okay. Won't be as easy as many think but that game has got to have dented their confidence! 

The blueprint to a win was there from Newcastle. Newcastle were muscular and matched Everton's workrate ...and  backed that their quality,.in the end, to shine through. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Good that Everton must also attack in this so Dyche can't play a low block for 90 mins to get a point. That should leave gaps and holes we can exploit. It's just making sure we are disciplined also in defence. 

I disagree, we give everyone a goal and have for something like 18 games on the bounce. 

If you can defend for 90 minutes you will beat us. That worries me more

Edited by ronnup
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The blueprint to a win was there from Newcastle. Newcastle were muscular and matched Everton's workrate ...and  backed that their quality,.in the end, to shine through. 

Agree. We're more skilful, but we've got to match their strength and physicality. Midfield will be key. We also don't need to concede any silly free-kicks where they can send it in for their centre-backs and Calvert-Lewin. Infact as I'm typing, I'm starting to think Faes, Soyoncu, and Souttar; O'Neil style.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

Need a proper scrappy opening goal in the first 10 minutes needed. Do that and we will win the game

We never get them though. Much more likely to concede one. But I agree qith your sentiment, an early goal will ruin them

Our weakness is our physicality so as much as a prefer the 4231 I think we need 3 at the back.

Iversen

Faes Soutter Soyuncu

Castange Soumare KDH Kristiensen

Maddison

Vardy Daka (assuming Nacho is out)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'm already feeling physically sick just thinking about this match. God knows how I'll be feeling at 8pm on Monday. 

Yes, I'm well up for it too. 

We need to get the atmosphere as per Wolves X 2  

I'm really looking forward to it - the highlight of the week and all we've been through this season a win would mean everything 

• Like 4

It's fair to say performances have improved slightly, but  we have got to show more to stay up, an earlier post mentioned have we got a fight in us at this stage, some do, I just hope that JV scoring against Leeds is the spring board he and others need, if we turn up and play to our strengths, in the manner we know we can, we win this, if not we could end up with a draw / loss, anything other than a win against these we may as well prepare for the Championship, it really is put up or shut up time.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

That's the difference between this Newcastle side and the one we had that bottled the league. They have leadership, physicality and general cuntiness. We had none of that. 

Longstaff, for example, is purely in the side to be a **** because he doesn't offer much else.

Guest Col city fan

Everton are dreadful. 
Lose this and I think it’s over for us. I think this game is the make or break one. 
I’m not talking only about points, I’m talking about likelihood of picking points up thereafter.

If we can’t beat Everton this season, and at home, we don’t deserve to stay up.

HOWEVER.. I think we’ll win. 2-1

They looked terrible in the corresponding game at Everton and for much of it I thought we were a level above. 2 - 0 was more than a fair result 

The concern for me is that we gift such easy chances in every single game. 

We need to fly out of the traps and not be satisfied with a goal or 2 up - The goal must be to absolutely smash them to pieces 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner