Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

19 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Our weakness is our physicality so as much as a prefer the 4231 I think we need 3 at the back.

Iversen

Faes Soutter Soyuncu

Castange Soumare KDH Kristiensen

Maddison

Vardy Daka (assuming Nacho is out)

Physicality and determination, and especially in midfield, so I agree with Soumare and KDH over Tielemans.  Not sure about 3-5-2; maybe would have preferred 2 CBs with Mendy giving us some tidy control in midfield, but that's hard to call.

What worries me is we played Leeds off the back of a heavy defeat for them, and rather than denting their confidence it seemed to spur them into non-stop effort which enabled them to deny us time on the ball.  If we'd had that bit more quality to overcome that and turn our early dominance into a goal then we would likely have gone on to win that game.

I see a similar scenario for the Everton game.  I don't see anything less than 100% effort from them under Dyche, at least at the start, and it's essential that we match that with our own determination.  Will be a bruising game.

• Like 1

Guest Fox99
7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Of all games that doesn’t need that goal music this is it, just end the nonsense please

FAO Leicester City Football Club.

Without Nacho, we need our big players to show up. Maddison and Youri have to release the ball early instead of dawdling and taking the foul. Get the ball into space for Barnes and Vardy. I don't think it will be pretty, more a bruising battle.

• Like 1

The closer this game gets the less confident I feel. 

As we concede in every game (see Leeds first shot on target) it feels almost like we need to score just to make it 0-0. :nono: We’ve not turned up for a six pointer yet - please let it start with this game :please:

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

As ever , we need to score first. A Dyche team will defend a lead all day long ..

This is the case in basically every game we've played for the last 2 years.

Ultimately if we don't beat Everton we deserve relegation. They're atrocious. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

The closer this game gets the less confident I feel. 

As we concede in every game (see Leeds first shot on target) it feels almost like we need to score just to make it 0-0. :nono: We’ve not turned up for a six pointer yet - please let it start with this game :please:

Leicester 4-0 Forest was quite the six pointer wouldn't you say?

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

It's fair to say performances have improved slightly, but  we have got to show more to stay up, an earlier post mentioned have we got a fight in us at this stage, some do, I just hope that JV scoring against Leeds is the spring board he and others need, if we turn up and play to our strengths, in the manner we know we can, we win this, if not we could end up with a draw / loss, anything other than a win against these we may as well prepare for the Championship, it really is put up or shut up time.

I agree, but this season we have been deceptive. Too often this season we have had say a reasonably good game or second half to a game, get a point and be in a positive mood for the next game only to flatter again. We start flat and go a goal down so many times. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Everton are dreadful. 
Lose this and I think it’s over for us. I think this game is the make or break one. 
I’m not talking only about points, I’m talking about likelihood of picking points up thereafter.

If we can’t beat Everton this season, and at home, we don’t deserve to stay up.

HOWEVER.. I think we’ll win. 2-1

... we are putting a lot of emphasis on this game,  due to we do not see any points coming from Liverpool and Newcastle games!!! 

We may just be walking into this game with too much tension and anxiety in order to perform at our best. 

We have to treat this as another game and play in that manner,  the tension in the crowd and their reaction to any adverse decision or actions are going to transmit to the players. 

Vardy  did look up for a scrap,  let us hope we can feed off him,  like the old days. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

That's going to be the kiss of death comment.

You can see it can't you: 

• Similar to last season when we were passive and obligingly gave them the lifeline they needed at the King Power (1-2)
  • Calvert-Lewin will miraculously brake his barren scoring spell back from injury, after another defensive error
  • Gray plays, scores a screamer and waltzes round our defence for his second.

Please tell me it won't happen :S

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Financially, how much is this game worth..£100+m?... clearly, the losers are down!

You are probably right, but it could be even more than that. 

Technically, the losers aren't yet down, but this is our last chance at damaging a fellow struggling team.

We missed out on inflicting defeats recently to Southampton (away), Bournemouth (home), Palace (away), Leeds (away). I dont count Wolves as they were just about safe and definitely are now. Let's hope at the FIFTH time of asking we can hit the bloody target for a change. 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... we are putting a lot of emphasis on this game,  due to we do not see any points coming from Liverpool and Newcastle games!!! 

We may just be walking into this came with too much tension and anxiety in order to perform at our best. 

We have to treat this as another game and play in that manner,  the tension in the crowd and their reaction to any adverse decision or actions are going to transmit to the players. 

Vardy  did look up for a scrap,  let us hope we can feed off him,  like the old days. 

Aye I think you’re right and I expect that is what Dean Smith will be saying to the players.

I guess this is more about my feeling as to the size of this game. If we can’t beat Everton, at home, such that we pile the pressure on ourselves to have to beat MUCH better sides, I think it’s probably the end. 
But we’ll see. As I said, I think we’ll beat Everton anyway.