Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

I'm oddly calm (although doubt I will be come Monday evening).

If we can't beat Everton at home, adding to the fact we dropped 6 points to Saints and Bournemouth. We simply don't deserve to stay up and we have to accept our immediate future lies in the Championship.

I'm confident we will play well, just need that cutting edge and some defensive stability from set pieces.

• Like 2

The shit thing missing will be the build up play and keeping hold of the ball. We’ll miss that from Kel against a team who won’t come to play in Everton. I trust Daka and Vards against Liverpool and Newcastle though, who will be more expansive. 

• Like 1

Just watched the extended highlights from last night. Either the Everton players are knackered or given up because the lack of effort some of their players were putting in was embarrassing. If we're bang up for this we could easy bag 3 or 4.

It’s a home game at our KP. Let’s pile the pressure on everton! The players will do the rest. We are past the point of being nervous now we just have to go out there and fight for every ball. It’s our advantage it’s in our hands. Let’s do this foxes.:chant:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just watched the extended highlights from last night. Either the Everton players are knackered or given up because the lack of effort some of their players were putting in was embarrassing. If we're bang up for this we could easy bag 3 or 4.

I think they very much threw the towel in, for the majority of the first half they were doing their best to bully Newcastle and were very physical. We’re going to have to be ready for a scrap, but if we can get the first goal they’ve shown their fragile.

• Like 4

Wish we were going. I think will be easier to watch at the ground than on TV. Originally couldn't make the monday but then work plans changed. Complete sell out so no tickets available now. Why oh why haven't we made the KP bigger :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I think they very much threw the towel in, for the majority of the first half they were doing their best to bully Newcastle and were very physical. We’re going to have to be ready for a scrap, but if we can get the first goal they’ve shown their fragile.

Ben Godfrey looked awful at RB. We need to get Harvey running at him down that left wing. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's a huge occasion (did someone call it massive yet?) and I've got a great seat, so I am well up for this. Probably the most hyped up the KP will be since Seville 2017.

Arguably a bigger game than the Sevilla one in terms of how much rides on it. Not least financially. How many millions would relegation cost v staying up? - No pressure then!

Iversen

Castagne  Faes  Cags  VK

Soumare   Tielemans 

Daka         Madders     Barnes

Vardy

Just go for it lads and get the job done. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Makes sense as it looked fairly even at half time and then second is when the newcastle players were running past them for fun. As good as that Iask dribble was, there was a lot of laziness from Everton players that made it possible

5 hours ago, weller54 said:

Financially, how much is this game worth..£100+m?... clearly, the losers are down!

Hundreds of millions if you don't come straight back. With our finances we could drop again if we go down. Read Cov Leeds Sotton to mention a few.

The thought of it really is scary, I personally think if we go down we are not best fit for a quick return.

Stay up I see us fighting next season, just slightly better off than this season.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

There is one big problem with what you say above (as highlighted). We haven't scored first at home for over 6 months. Discounting the game against Newport in the EFL Cup we've conceded first in the last 10 home matches in all competitions!

Amazingly, a Leicester player has not scored a single goal in the first 20 minutes of a home game this season. Our only goal in that period was an own goal by Robin Koch of Leeds.

10 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

There is one big problem with what you say above (as highlighted). We haven't scored first at home for over 6 months. Discounting the game against Newport in the EFL Cup we've conceded first in the last 10 home matches in all competitions!

Amazingly, a Leicester player has not scored a single goal in the first 20 minutes of a home game this season. Our only goal in that period was an own goal by Robin Koch of Leeds.

That is absolutely insane 

Boils down to mentality ultimately and who wants it more. We have enough talent in our squad to beat these but then the same could be said about most of our recent games against the bottom half that we've lost. 

Make no mistake,  lose this and we are down.

38 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Iversen

Castagne  Faes  Cags  VK

Soumare   Tielemans 

Daka         Madders     Barnes

Vardy

Just go for it lads and get the job done. 

If I went for this ,which I believe will be the team..

I reckon I would change Vardy for Daka…Vardy knows that job and

when to cross ( still one of our best crossers)  

and also how to take/exchange those central channels positions.