Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

There is one big problem with what you say above (as highlighted). We haven't scored first at home for over 6 months. Discounting the game against Newport in the EFL Cup we've conceded first in the last 10 home matches in all competitions!

Amazingly, a Leicester player has not scored a single goal in the first 20 minutes of a home game this season. Our only goal in that period was an own goal by Robin Koch of Leeds.

I’m literally chalking everything off as a fresh start under Smith.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Iverson

Castagne Faes Soyuncu VK

Tielemans Soumare

Daka  Maddison Barnes 

Vardy

6 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Iversen

Castagne  Faes  Cags  VK

Soumare   Tielemans 

Daka         Madders     Barnes

Vardy

Just go for it lads and get the job done. 

I’m torn between these  two lineups.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We’ve now got a manager who makes decent reactive substitutions

All Rodgers did was swap like for like, with the exception of the game v Ajax. We all know the saying about the definition of insanity 

When did we play Ajax? 

The only thing I'm worrying about here is the sheer number of pundits on the radio, fans on voxpops and general football journos totally writing Everton off. Some of their fan reps from blogs & podcasts are talking about the team like they're Derby on 11 points. The reality is there are decent players in that side, they've got DCL back up front and a manager who loves a set piece. I hope I'm proved wrong but this won't be easy and I hope the players come prepared to put a shift in not just turn up expecting them to roll over.

• Like 3

On 26/04/2023 at 00:52, fuchsntf said:

Just to throw a googly into the fray..

If we couldn’t beat Leeds, why should we be able beat Everton & Fulham.

Where are our goals coming from…?? 
And can the 3 Amigos give and prepare the right spirit and attitude from the get go,

even if we have to come from behind again.

look I want this miracle as much as any Leicester fan,but tonight printed another sheet than I wanted. I still saw a pedestrian performance,a lacklustre pretence of a first 70 minutes performance.We had a spluttering first 10-12 minutes

.God I want Vardy,Barnes,Maddison to be our saviours

backed by Soumare and who ever,then a defence holding the line..

I have said I might swap & change but I was the first this evening

to suggest a back 3..might even miss out a recognised LB..

and keep it nip and tuck.Presuming Nacho will be struggling

Iversen

Souttar Faes Soyuncu

Mendy

Castagna Soumare KDH

Maddison

Vardy.    Barnes

I like this,because I have at present no further faith in Tielemans

covering the ground or holding the midfield..

I see him  & Praet has good subs with Daka later in the game.

I don't mind that, something different but with that front 3 it's got to be madders in the right and barnes wide left. The thought of Barnes up front just makes me 🤢🤮

On 26/04/2023 at 01:03, Nod.E said:

I reckon you do. He can't run, so he fouls instead. Infuriating to watch.

He has a moment or two per game that none of our other players have the ability to do, but honestly I don't think it justifies carrying him for the rest of the game.

I have the same overall negative feelings towards Youri and have no problem with him being dropped. 

However, tbf to him, the fouls he gives away imo are very mature and an understanding of the dark arts. He often takes one for the team to stop an attack early in from their own half. Man City (and Liverpool when they were good) do this to great effect without even getting yellow carded but I do feel that that is more to do with big club bias than yours being worse fouls. 

On 26/04/2023 at 01:45, volpeazzurro said:

Why? He's been piss poor and a liability the last 3 games and little better for 18 months. Cumbersome, slow and constantly giving the ball away. We just can't risk that in the hope that he has one good shot once in a blue moon. He's being played on perceived or past reputation but sadly, the reality is what you see is what you get.

Totally agree with this, but I won't lose any sleep if he does start, or blame overall poor performance or result on him due to the fact that they all seem to be as shit as each other atm. 

Might as well pick names out of a hat for those positions. Soumare's earned his place currently but I'm not exactly confident that he won't return to type any time soon. 

Getting more nervous and negative the close I get to this bastard. 

• Like 2

On 26/04/2023 at 07:46, Sir Shep said:

I've seen Everton shithouse a few relegation escapes and I felt a lot of people were over confident before the Leeds game. I just don't see Everton going down and I really hope I'm wrong but I don't see us winning this. 

For me, there's only one way Everton stay up and that's if Dominic Calvert-lousy taste in high heels and skirts hits another purple patch. Didn't even realise he was back from injury, and looks like he's been quite shit. Just that worry that previously good striker, not played or scores for ages meets Leicester and the rest is history. (told you I was getting more negative as time goes on) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, filbertway said:

Just watched the extended highlights from last night. Either the Everton players are knackered or given up because the lack of effort some of their players were putting in was embarrassing. If we're bang up for this we could easy bag 3 or 4.

Don’t be so confident. This could be used by their manager to kick them in the backside and we could feel the bounceback from them, in a bad way. If anything, this is do or die for them against a relegation opponent, and they will be extra motivated to throw everything at us, especially with their physicality.  I really think this is going to be a super hard game.

Edited by Tom12345

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Again, Dyche's life mantra is "just good enough".  He's found a way to shithouse survival with less talent than he has in this squad.  You'd be nuts to write them off.

Exactly. They will be 200%. We need to be at 200% plus ourselves to overcome this.

On 26/04/2023 at 08:45, volpeazzurro said:

Why? He's been piss poor and a liability the last 3 games and little better for 18 months. Cumbersome, slow and constantly giving the ball away. We just can't risk that in the hope that he has one good shot once in a blue moon. He's being played on perceived or past reputation but sadly, the reality is what you see is what you get.

He was not missed when he was out of the team to be honest. I think if he plays, which he likely will especially with Kelechi out, he will really need to bring his A game focus to this. He is too casual at times. That lack of focus, rather than ability, has resulted in as you say giving the ball away in dangerous places too often than we can afford. You can see in his face his lack of focus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Again, Dyche's life mantra is "just good enough".  He's found a way to shithouse survival with less talent than he has in this squad.  You'd be nuts to write them off.

Has Dyche ever actually shithoused survival in his career?

7 Premier League seasons with Burnley, they had 2 relegations and 2 top half finishes in that time.

All the other seasons they finished well clear of the drop zone and I don’t remember them ever being in danger the way Everton are this season.

Everytime he’s been in a relegation battle, they’ve gone down, including the season he was sacked around this sort of time.

• Like 1

This team has been a real let down for the vast majority of the season but they must win this game and win it well as much to ensure that those Everton Tw*ts do not get the chance to sing that god awful 'Everton never shined so brightly' crap 

I appreciate they're scousers but 1) they are 19th in the Premier League 2) It's a terrible song, especially the girly shrill oooooohhhhhh - They're not auditioning for the fuching Calendar Girls 

If they leave singing that bl**dy song it may be too much for me and after 45 years + I may have to retire 

If they leave singing that fuching song we will, in my eyes, deserve to go down 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Haha 1

Iversen

Castagne Faes Soyuncu Kristiansen

Tielemans Soumare

Tetê Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Won't be mad rotation. Try to play Youri, Tetê & Vik into form, need no panics at the back, know where the help is. Upfront, go for the jugular, Everton are reeling after Newcastle bonked them, best not to raise their confidence and their manager will bleed the game out to make it a frustrating evening if we gift them a lead. Need to ground bouncing immediately, it's imperative - we need this win lads, think of nothing else but Monday night.

• Like 2

If we score first (big if here), I can see the stadium will be buzzing and it'll be hard to see them recover from the run they've been on. If it's cagey, we need to remain patient and keep our composure. 

I don't know how they'll set up. Historically you'd think it'd be a low block under Dyche but it's as much a must win for them as it is for us. If they go for it, Vardy, Barnes, Daka all come into play and if they don't, then the likes of Tielemans and Madders should have a field day. 

I am really nervous about this one , it’s always dodgy playing sides that have been thrashed in their previous fixture and they have managed to circle the drain without relegation every season  over the past few years. Kels injury adds to the concerns . This feels like a scoreless draw to me