Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I wouldn’t worry. Leeds and Forest might both win today, but lose next weekend. All we need to do is focus on ourselves and try and put a run of results together. If we can win the next two we are in a good position. 

There’s no chance Leeds and Forest suddenly go on unbeaten runs. There were a lot of factors in that forest game that led to them winning, the idea that teams will roll over for them is just silly. Plus they’ve got to play Arsenal and Leeds have Man City. That’s two nailed on defeats. 

What’s important is where we are at the end of the 90 against West Ham.

Completely agree, and feel like our goal difference may prove a massive factor and is an advantage we shouldn't overlook given how tight things are. 

My only concern is Forest seem to have a fairly nice run in particularly with Chelsea self imploding, and Arsenal dropping points they would have otherwise won earlier in the season.

Think we have a favourable finish compared to Leeds though and if we beat Everton we'll have a 4 point advantage over them going into the final few games.

This game could prove to be the most important result of the season. Let's hope we're in a ruthless mood, because on our day we can outscore any of the teams around us.

13 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We’ve now got a manager who makes decent reactive substitutions

All Rodgers did was swap like for like, with the exception of the game v Ajax. We all know the saying about the definition of insanity 

Ajax?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Completely agree, and feel like our goal difference may prove a massive factor and is an advantage we shouldn't overlook given how tight things are. 

My only concern is Forest seem to have a fairly nice run in particularly with Chelsea self imploding, and Arsenal dropping points they would have otherwise won earlier in the season.

Think we have a favourable finish compared to Leeds though and if we beat Everton we'll have a 4 point advantage over them going into the final few games.

This game could prove to be the most important result of the season. Let's hope we're in a ruthless mood, because on our day we can outscore any of the teams around us.

Our GD is a massive plus, it’s an extra point. Which is why that point against Leeds could turn out to be a good one. We’ve got two massive games now, if we can get back to back wins, we can then go to the KP on a Monday night, under the lights against an inconsistent Liverpool, a win could well seal the deal for us. I’d fancy us a lot then. 

Neither Leeds or Forest have easy run ins….. Newcastle certainly are not going to lay down for anyone. Howe will want to finish as high as possible, and they have a feel good factor about them. 

Chelsea are obviously the one side you can’t call, they’re a shambles at the moment, but if Potch gets confirmed, then they have places to play for and may pick up form. 

Id say our run in, is probably better…. Newcastle are the only team I’d be wary of. I’m not too fussed about Liverpool, especially if we can get back to back wins in the next two games, and I’d fancy us at home against west game if needed. 

It all hinges on Monday, get something and it will be evidence of going the right way, lose and it’s all going down the the last game..

Looking more at Leeds as the team to catch. Nottingham Forest are still involved but a better run in. 

Bournemouth at the moment is a tough game and the next two after are probably the two most difficult right now. 

13 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

I have the same overall negative feelings towards Youri and have no problem with him being dropped. 

However, tbf to him, the fouls he gives away imo are very mature and an understanding of the dark arts. He often takes one for the team to stop an attack early in from their own half. Man City (and Liverpool when they were good) do this to great effect without even getting yellow carded but I do feel that that is more to do with big club bias than yours being worse fouls. 

Yeah I think you're right that he often makes fouls that are smart. But a lot of the time he only has to commit them because he hasn't got the legs.

• Like 2

I've got a good feeling about this game. It's going to be a resounding win and it will start quick from kick-off.

If Vardy can get a brace and give everton a mountain to climb the pressure will be too much for them.

Gotta kill the game off in the 1st half and use that home support to our advantage. COYF! :scarf:

I know anything can happen at this point of the season but I can’t help but think 3 points here effectively relegates everton. 

Brighton A, man c h, wolves a, bmouth h

youd expect 3 points on the final day but would you really back them to get the other 3 points (minimum) they’d need to survive?