Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

6 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Here’s something else for you to think about every 15 Seconds bud !😉

IMG_2590.jpeg

This is what we’ve been missing the last few seasons, to turn our luck im going to think about this pic every 30 seconds until the West Ham game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I genuinely think I was more relaxed during the title winning season. 

Horrible stuff this is.

Undoubtedly. I knew it then and I know it now. 

Worst case scenario with the title run in was a runner's up medal, a CL place and a great 'nearly man' story. I was actually more nervous for the FA Cup personally 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Horrible stuff this is.

Definitely!..

Especially relying on other teams results like we've been doing.

Forest losing late on could be a decisive result.

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Doesn't come close for me. 2016 was a once in a lifetime event. After being the bridesmaids all of our lives, I don't think I would have got over it had we missed out. It was the only chance that we'd ever get. Won't happen again. 

We've been relegated before and been promoted back again many times. It's not something we haven't experienced before. 

This game is ****ing mega. An absolute must win. Relegation will set us so far back from where we thought we were or should've been. The "yo-yo club" days should have been a thing of the past with this current tenure. I'm afraid Top isn't up to the job, and don't get me started on Rudkin 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Doesn't come close for me. 2016 was a once in a lifetime event. After being the bridesmaids all of our lives, I don't think I would have got over it had we missed out. It was the only chance that we'd ever get. Won't happen again. 

Bridesmaids? We'd never even been invited to the wedding before!

And no, it'll never happen again. But that doesn't matter; it's the most amazing thing in English football history - and it was us wot did it!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil Bowman said:

Not possible, I'm afraid. Except for the filthy rich six (sorry, seven now) you can never be sure of not being caught up in a relegation battle.

Yep I agree, I got carried away with it two years ago but we are only ever 3 or 4 bad transfers, an a wrong management choice away from the threat of the drop like most of the league.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

I wasn't!

I've been a lot more relaxed since that season (and then the cup win) though - I think it's partly because nothing we can ever do will match what we've now done, so there's less point getting so worked up by it!

I've finally become a Zen football fan.

6 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Bridesmaids? We'd never even been invited to the wedding before!

And no, it'll never happen again. But that doesn't matter; it's the most amazing thing in English football history - and it was us wot did it!

4 FA Cup finals. Lost them all. 

23 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

I wasn't!

I've been a lot more relaxed since that season (and then the cup win) though - I think it's partly because nothing we can ever do will match what we've now done, so there's less point getting so worked up by it!

I've finally become a Zen football fan.

...the quest is to win the F-A Cup again, and get into Europe again, once the season is over you set goals, cannot understand being satisfied with what we have achieved!!!

That is not a winning mindset, you have to look forward. The trophies are in the past, a clean slate, there are more windmills to tilt at.

56 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the quest is to win the F-A Cup again, and get into Europe again, once the season is over you set goals, cannot understand being satisfied with what we have achieved!!!

That is not a winning mindset, you have to look forward. The trophies are in the past, a clean slate, there are more windmills to tilt at.

Well I can't understand not being satisfied with what we've achieved! I repeat - nothing that ever happens can ever match what has already happened. I'm certainly going to enjoy any future success we have - but I'm sure as hell not going to get all twisted up inside any more if things go wrong.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (and the hat, and the souvenir matchday magazine, and the fridge magnet, and the mug...).

Also, while I can understand that the players might set goals, what on earth is the point of fans doing so? How is our 'mindset' going to make the slightest bit of difference to anything??

2 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Also, while I can understand that the players might set goals, what on earth is the point of fans doing so? How is our 'mindset' going to make the slightest bit of difference to anything??

.... I was alluding to the players' mindset!!!

You take a look at all the successful teams and individuals in sport, winning once just leads them to want to do it again and again. You do not sit back and say I have climbed the mountain and I can rest now, Everest then becomes the next thing to do on the list.

• Like 1