Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

Got a horrible feeling Everton will shit house are horrible 1-0 win. As bad as they are, they always some how manage to avoid relegation and if they are to do so this time, they will have to beat us. We know we are better than them but we are also better than Southampton and Bournemouth and they didn't end well. So nervous about this, feel sick already 

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Got a horrible feeling Everton will shit house are horrible 1-0 win. As bad as they are, they always some how manage to avoid relegation and if they are to do so this time, they will have to beat us. We know we are better than them but we are also better than Southampton and Bournemouth and they didn't end well. So nervous about this, feel sick already 

Thought they looked excellent v Newcastle before going 1 down the other day. We wouldn’t cope with a first half performance similar to that

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

Normally feel sick about every game. This one? I feel calm and confident. We’re going to win, and we’re going to survive. 

Every game that passes sees the new trio have more time to coach us, heal the issues Rodgers left, and inspire confidence. Plus the atmosphere will be incredible. 

**** Everton. We’re going to monster them. 

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Thought they looked excellent v Newcastle before going 1 down the other day. We wouldn’t cope with a first half performance similar to that

I thought the same and felt newcastle looked hesitant and unusually bullied. We know that we don’t usually cope well with a physical encounter - hopefully Everton were buoyed by their crowd and won’t be quite so intense at the KP 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I thought the same and felt newcastle looked hesitant and unusually bullied. We know that we don’t usually cope well with a physical encounter - hopefully Everton were buoyed by their crowd and won’t be quite so intense at the KP 

Cags will have DCL in his pocket.

Their main man on the attacking front is McNeil, who creates more than others in his team.

Keep him quiet and should be very comfortable.

Think Gray will think he has something to prove.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mint23 said:

This is what we’ve been missing the last few seasons, to turn our luck im going to think about this pic every 30 seconds until the West Ham game. 

@Mint23 here’s another one for you bud I’ll try post one during the game tomorrow night 😉🤣

IMG_4983.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I don’t really know what they’re like away from home. I doubt they will be as frantic. 

The home crowd drove them on (fireworks, flares etc) for half an hour v Newcastle.

Hopefully, we start & continue like they did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We need to manage this game from the start. I know all that matters is getting the result but it's unacceptable just how naive / careless this squad has been this season. Given its still a nucleus of experienced PL players who have played together several years is even worse.

I'm not that confident about tomorrow, not because I don't think we can or will win but because our survival rests very much on getting a result tomorrow. I don't see how we could afford to lose or even draw tomorrow and not being in the relegation zone going in to that final game of the season, which would be unbearable.

Smith's got to keep pushing them, there's been positive signs vs Wolves and Leeds but we still need to be much better. Everton will be physical and we have to deal with crosses, whether that's trying to steer Everton in field up backwards, we can't have the attitude that the flanks are our friend because they aren't. 

I cannot wait to watch Jamie Vardy though tomorrow, for me this is football at its purest. Our greatest ever player, who the overwhelming majority of thought he'd long provided his last ever contribution for us is back with a vengeance. Savour ever moment of this, even in the torture of a relegation scrap because its been a massive privelidge these last 10-11 years of Jamie Vardy being ours.

This is the final swansong Jamie, 8 goals in the final 5 games for another season in double figures. 

He’s bagged 1 so let’s hope there’s no stopping him from bagging a few more and enjoy those celebrations aimed at the away fans that we’ve been missing for a while !

38 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Their main man on the attacking front is McNeil, who creates more than others in his team.

Keep him quiet and should be very comfortable.

Think Gray will think he has something to prove.

That's gotta be a depressing read for an Everton fan lol

• Haha 1

Too close to call but what concerns me is the mentally weak nature of our squad. I think we are also likely to be physically bullied in this game and we can't cope at all with any sort of intensity. Over the course of the last two years we've essentially  become a  spineless, leaderless, one-paced team that crumbles a the first sign of pressure from the opponents and it is hard to change that mindset in a couple of weeks.

More times than not in big games we've just mentally folded and this is as big a game as any in the last two years. Am I confident our players will step up? No.

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Too close to call but what concerns me is the mentally weak nature of our squad. I think we are also likely to be physically bullied in this game and we can't cope at all with any sort of intensity. Over the course of the last two years we've essentially  become a  spineless, leaderless, one-paced team that crumbles a the first sign of pressure from the opponents and it is hard to change that mindset in a couple of weeks.

More times than not in big games we've just mentally folded and this is as big a game as any in the last two years. Am I confident our players will step up? No.

Everton are just as weak mentally, maybe even worse. But yeah it's a major issue of ours