Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Have a feeling Vards will be a different animal after his goal against Leeds...

A brace for him tomorrow..

3-1 win.

Perhaps a different animal because Smith/Shakey tactics are more suited to his style than the previous two managers. 

• Like 4

The stage is set. Need that pre-match bottle of wine to avoid any knee knocking. Could be playing West Ham last game with both sides needing one point for survival the way things are going........hopefully.

Edited by l444ry

Iversen

Souttar Faes Soyuncu

Castagne Tielemans Soumare  Kristiansen

Maddison

Vardy Barnes 

Having tarkowski, keane, calvert lewin onana and doucoure with mcneil taking corners i dont think we can do anything but play 3 centre backs. 

Tempted to say start daka and vardy and use barnes v tired legs.

Everything about me says ndidi, kdh, and mendy ahould start ahead of soumare - but he seems favoured so imagine it will be him and tielemans again...

Guest Col city fan

Right..

All the results this weekend have gone our way.

Now it’s up to us to capitalise. If we don’t, we only have ourselves to blame.

6 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Everything about me says ndidi, kdh, and mendy ahould start ahead of soumare - but he seems favoured so imagine it will be him and tielemans again...

It probably should be to be fair. He's been our best player the last couple of games I reckon. KDH has been poor for a little while, Ndidi for a long while, and if we're worried enough about their physicality to be contemplating 3 at the back then we probably shouldn't be going with Mendy in a midfield pairing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KFS said:

Anyone else going through permutations and reasons for and against a win/loss? Absolute torture this lol 

Nah, I used to do stuff like that, but I eventually realised (took me bloody long enough, mind) that it wasn't doing my mental health any good! These days I don't bother. I highly recommend not doing it - a lot less stress!!

Just now, Wymsey said:

3-0 / 4-0 win.

Really need to be aggressive from the off, against a side low in confidence, and think that'll happen convincingly.

Get the early lead and the heads will drop and the crowd will turn. Newcastle didn't get the early lead but as soon as they did the atmosphere changed.

7 minutes ago, shailen said:

Results elsewhere has made this more must not lose rather than must win. Obviously a win is the best outcome for us but we're out the relegation zone as long as we don't lose. That's the key!!! 

Think that’s short sighted, we need atleast 6pts, possibly 7 to stay up I think. And 3pts tomorrow is an absolute must as I don’t think Everton catch us going 4pts clear of them with their next 2 after us against Man City & Brighton.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shailen said:

Results elsewhere has made this more must not lose rather than must win. Obviously a win is the best outcome for us but we're out the relegation zone as long as we don't lose. That's the key!!! 

I think with the fixtures coming up, realistically we need to win this 

• Like 1

Think I’d also bring in Ndidi to a midfield 3 of him, Youri and Soumare and move Maddison out to the RW in place of Tete. Just feel his extra height will be valuable at set pieces.

One of those games that occupies your thoughts in the days leading up to it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

The teams at the bottom are so poor. If we get relegated we will have absolutely no excuses. Win tomorrow and get another win and we stay up.

To be fair it’s a long time since teams at the bottom were really good 

• Haha 1