Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

Iversen 

Castagne Faes Cags Kristiansen 

Ndidi

Tielemans.            Soumare 

Maddison.              Barnes 

Vardy

Edited by Ed 1
Changed

1 minute ago, Ed 1 said:

Iversen 

Castagne Faes Souttar Kristiansen 

Ndidi

Vardy

You've dropped Cags?! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Think that’s short sighted, we need atleast 6pts, possibly 7 to stay up I think. And 3pts tomorrow is an absolute must as I don’t think Everton catch us going 4pts clear of them with their next 2 after us against Man City & Brighton.

Obviously a win tomorrow is what we should be going for but it's more important to not lose it. If it's 1-1 at 80/85 mins, I'd rather we close the game out as we'll still be a point ahead of Everton with more winnable fixtures as you say.

I'm not for one minute suggesting we play for a draw, I'd rather we don't go all out attack to chase a win should that scenario arise. We could easily have lost the game against Leeds chasing the win. 

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

Obviously a win tomorrow is what we should be going for but it's more important to not lose it. If it's 1-1 at 80/85 mins, I'd rather we close the game out as we'll still be a point ahead of Everton with more winnable fixtures as you say.

I'm not for one minute suggesting we play for a draw, I'd rather we don't go all out attack to chase a win should that scenario arise. We could easily have lost the game against Leeds chasing the win. 

We have: Fulham (a), Liverpool (h), Newcastle (a) and West Ham (h)

They have: Brighton (a), Man City (h), Wolves (a) and Bournemouth (h) 

I’d say it was pretty marginal especially as Wolves and Bournemouth will be playing in flip-flops 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think I'm right in saying vardy played well when playing with at least 1 more forward, the question is, can he play well as a lone striker? 

...if anyone should know Vardy's strengths, then it will be Shakey, and we just do not have another  Okazaki to support him and the midfield!!!

If we switched out Tete for Daka on the right it could give us the firepower that we need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if anyone should know Vardy's strengths, then it will be Shakey, and we just do not have another  Okazaki to support him and the midfield!!!

If we switched out Tete for Daka on the right it could give us the firepower that we need.

I was just wondering if we could go a front 4 of Vardy with Daka, Barnes and Maddison in behind. Not the strangest idea, even if I  think Daka has looked better deployed on the left and it limits our attacking subs. 

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

That's what I'd do, probably praet tbh as vardy shouldn't play the full 90, tell him he has 45 mins and needs to run his bollocks off then see what he feels at half time

1 hour ago, Ed 1 said:

Iversen 

Castagne Faes Cags Kristiansen 

Ndidi

Vardy

I'd rather play cags in the faes role and faes in the Ndidi role, I don't see what Ndidi offers except for height and a likely chance of a huge error

And vardy will get isolated with this formation imo

Edited by splinterdream

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Depends how you view it I guess.

We didn’t really nearly lose the game at Leeds chasing a win, they’re 2 late chances came from set pieces, it’s not like we were no bomb forward and got done on the counter attack.

Agree, if in the closing stages we’re level, I don’t see us going wrecklessly gung Ho, but equally, I think Everton will be viewing it as must win with them playing Man C and Brighton in their next 2, so I don’t think they can just sit in either which is going to make it a really interesting game!!

40 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Depends how you view it I guess.

We didn’t really nearly lose the game at Leeds chasing a win, they’re 2 late chances came from set pieces, it’s not like we were no bomb forward and got done on the counter attack.

Agree, if in the closing stages we’re level, I don’t see us going wrecklessly gung Ho, but equally, I think Everton will be viewing it as must win with them playing Man C and Brighton in their next 2, so I don’t think they can just sit in either which is going to make it a really interesting game!!

Take your point on the Leeds chances being from set pieces, but given how poor we were defensively for their goal and generally this season, I'd like some caution to the wind and defensive minded players brought on to see the game out if we're in a similar position. 

I don't see Everton going for it wrecklessly and they'll play us on the counter and be direct. Stay in the game first half and then they may go for it after 60 odd minutes if they're level. Despite the fixtures, this is also a must not lose for them and if they don't lose tomorrow they'll be in touching distance of all the teams around us. 

The dynamic to this relegation fight is so interesting and it's really hard to know what the best approach is. Just wish we weren't involved!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Iversen

Castagne souttar   cags   Kristianson

Praet    tielemens    souttar    Barnes

Maddison

Vardy

🤣 got distracted by the snooker 

We could clone him though 

Edited by splinterdream

On 27/04/2023 at 17:59, MattFox said:

Newcastle under Benitez in 2019 were far louder

Was that when they were doing the conga? Or was that ****ing decades ago and it just feels like yesterday when I reminisce? 

(I think I remember asprilla having a good game) 

Edited by gw_leics772

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Iversen

Castagne souttar   cags   Kristianson

Praet    tielemens    souttar    Barnes

Maddison

Vardy

I assume you mean Soumare.

That's what I feel gives us the height at the back and control of the Ball in midfield with Praet also in there.

I think I'd save Vardy until later in the game when Daka and Barnes tires them out.

• Like 1