Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we will win tonight though and I think we have a great chance of staying up but the glory days are long gone. We will be a Championship side again in the next 14-26 months IMO.

....I think for the rest of the day you should stick to your, dressing gown, slippers and cigars, tucked up in bed with a hot toddy!!!

What will be the point of looking to avoid relegation and the emotional ups and downs that most of us are going through right now, with a vision such as this? Accepting the situation and embracing reality is all very well, but we do not do these things whilst envisaging a semi-dystopian existence.

Anxious for the game to start tonight, and looking no further ahead until the game is done.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

My main worries are that we seem incapable of keeping a clean sheet, and Everton will have much more aerial advantage over us, especially when we insist on constantly giving away silly fouls and free kicks.

Also worried that Gray will score, just because its Gray.

I fear going a goal down against Dyche. He'll just park the bus and I'm not sure we have the creativity or ability to be able to get past it.

We need to go for their throat from the start and get the first goal.

Just to try and calm the nerves, has Dyche ever successfully parked the bus when his teams have played us at home? 

Thought I'd be super nervous but actually really excited for this. Looking at this opportunity and it's something that felt very far away against Bournemouth a few weeks back. Relish the opportunity. 

• Like 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....I think for the rest of the day you should stick to your, dressing gown, slippers and cigars, tucked up in bed with a hot toddy!!!

What will be the point of looking to avoid relegation and the emotional ups and downs that most of us are going through right now, with a vision such as this? Accepting the situation and embracing reality is all very well, but we do not do these things whilst envisaging a semi-dystopian existence.

Anxious for the game to start tonight, and looking no further ahead until the game is done.

Because I'm not convinced those who run this club will make the necessary changes for us to rebuild successfully, that will require Top removing some key loyal servants to him.

It's not impossible we do well again but I think it's more likely we continue to struggle than sort ourselves out. It won't stop me hoping or supporting those on the field for us though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 30/04/2023 at 05:30, jayfox26 said:

Got a horrible feeling Everton will shit house are horrible 1-0 win. As bad as they are, they always some how manage to avoid relegation and if they are to do so this time, they will have to beat us. We know we are better than them but we are also better than Southampton and Bournemouth and they didn't end well. So nervous about this, feel sick already 

Unless you can show us evidence of psychic abilities it doesn't matter what feeling you have.

Anything can happen in PL football, even Man City got beat at home by Brentford this season and Arsenal were 1-3 at home to Southampton with 88 mins on the clock.

After watching Everton vs Newcastle I was impressed with their work rate and endeavour especially from their MF three, Calvert-Lewin also looks like he has quality and can hurt us but I also thought they lacked quality on the ball. We have much better quality players and the home advantage should roar us on but it will come down to big moments and who does or doesn't take their chances.

Personally I'm not nervous yet and confident we'll win. A win will be massive in keeping us up but we also have the safety net that not winning is not fatal for us now that Leeds failed to beat Bournemouth and Forest failed to hold on at Brentford.

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Will Deano go for a defensive midfielder. He's avoided it in the last 2 games. Seems an odd game to go back to selecting one, but now we don't have the option of Kels maybe he will?

Everton have a very industrious MF 3 so you fear for Tielemans and Soumare without help but that also takes Maddison out the No10 role if you do.

A few games ago after the defeat to Bournemouth, I definitely thought our fate was sealed. We've got a new manager and we appear to be moving away from the slow, ponderous football that caused us to make so many individual errors under Brendan. We've started to see impressive performances from the likes of Vardy, Soumare and Soyuncu and others. We've got the quality to bury these tonight. Start fast tonight and get the crowd bouncing. It's in our hands.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Corky said:

Same here. I want us to stay up but I can't see anything other than this again next season, especially with key players leaving.

Ordinarily I'd  think staying up would lead to better things but cannot envisage that now. Not a good time all round.

...totally understand but it just needs something like Postecoglou coming in with one or two of his Celtic players and it turns around!!!

It just takes that one person coming in to change the feeling around the club. he plays good football, he is a loud enough personality and his team is exciting to watch. This situation is causing us to look negatively at this club and what could be.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Need to win the midfield battle, I'd rather we went with a midfield diamond than our usual 4-2-3-1.

Could do with a midfield 3 of youri, Soumare and maybe Mendy or KDH to give us some compactness in the centre

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Early goal and I reckon we batter these 

As long as we don’t go all defensive and stop attacking. I think either way it’s going to be a nail biter. It always is. I do feel reasonably confident but I am still worried and haven’t slept well the last few nights. We need to start brightly and play forwards with quick triangles that we do when at our best. I think we have the players to hurt these lot but we need to be brave and show desire. I’m sure we will. This is the one. Come on Leicester. Your county needs you. 💙🦊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

That would mean having to score first. We don't do that here.

Neither do they really though

Gonna be a boring 0-0 because they cant score at all and we cant score unless we are behind lol

• Haha 1