Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Need to win the midfield battle, I'd rather we went with a midfield diamond than our usual 4-2-3-1.

Interesting thought. Might be a problem dealing with Dyche's get it wide and cross style football. The Diamond's "weakness" tends to be defending wide areas and switches of play. Would allow two up top which you'd think we need though. 

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Everyone is spanking Leeds at the moment, except us, no we had to make hard work of it and this is why I have no faith in getting  a result tonight. No reflection on Smith and co as had they have come in sooner then the nerves would have been dealt with. Of cause I hope I'm proved wrong, but well you know, I doubt it. 

Agree. But we largely outplayed them. Had it not been for the lead weight of pressure, we'd have took them apart as every other team had done. 

At 1-0 down, we couldn't quite take the handbrake off and risk a breakaway second as we would've done had we been sat in 12th

7 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

As long as we don’t go all defensive and stop attacking. I think either way it’s going to be a nail biter. It always is. I do feel reasonably confident but I am still worried and haven’t slept well the last few nights. We need to start brightly and play forwards with quick triangles that we do when at our best. I think we have the players to hurt these lot but we need to be brave and show desire. I’m sure we will. This is the one. Come on Leicester. Your county needs you. 💙🦊

....posted the same, but somehow it was taken as a comment on the shortcomings of Dean Smith!!!

Scoring the first goal is not something that has happened under the new management and it will be interesting to see how he handles this. Does he go safe or keep doing what has got us in the situation in the first place? It is my worry that he goes safe, we need to go and get the second and getting the third is where you get the space to dictate the game.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....posted the same, but somehow it was taken as a comment on the shortcomings of Dean Smith!!!

Scoring the first goal is not something that has happened under the new management and it will be interesting to see how he handles this. Does he go safe or keep doing what has got us in the situation in the first place? It is my worry that he goes safe, we need to go and get the second and getting the third is where you get the space to dictate the game.

On the flip side to that, we've come from behind to take points in both the last two games, which I think we only did once under Rodgers all season til that point. If not for Daka's pisspoor decision making we probably should have had all three against Leeds too. Yes, we're not spanking everyone but having the ability to come from behind is a handy skill in our position.

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Question is what do we do about the right hand side? We can’t afford to be carrying any passengers tonight, so surely Tete doesn’t start? 

Praet? That’s what I’d do, but not sure Dean will go with that

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Agreed. We need to start quick and aggressively. Get on top and stay on top with our foot firmly down. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Need to win the midfield battle, I'd rather we went with a midfield diamond than our usual 4-2-3-1.

Don't agree. 

I wouldn't do anything fancy, weird, out of the ordinary or anything else unusual. 

These are straight up 100% dogmuck. Over thinking, over complicating and putting the fear of god in to the squad is why Brendan had us down there to begin with. 

Sometimes you just need to have faith in your strongest side to go out, play their natural game and be the better team. We are much, much better than these. If we go out thee tonight with our strongest team and believe that, we'll win. 

If we go out trying to over compensate and playing to stop whatever perceived threats they bring we'll lose. 

Plus, in the entire history of football, almost no team has been consistently successful lacking width. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Fast start required. Surely the players no this! Hopefully Dean and the gang have drummed this into them

90+5…1-0  Faes will do me..89 minute penalty save Iversen.

My hair is already grey,my nerves so frazzled,it seems normal..

Rages I have at old age pensioners rock concert.

Nurses taking care of me for boring things…

Wife smiling and saying patronisingly  ..“yes dear“ after telling her we won..

Old aunts of my past had shithouses, so any „ery“ is expected..

So my house is calm & collective all spirits are balanced,

Feng Shui in place…..

Then kick off…it will be…staying :cool: with :ph34r: apprehension

:frantics::@:teehee: :facepalm::frusty::photo: :doh::tumbleweed: :dunno:
 Just a normal ,relaxed gameday in the circumstances..

Edited by fuchsntf

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Question is what do we do about the right hand side? We can’t afford to be carrying any passengers tonight, so surely Tete doesn’t start? 

I think he’ll start with tete to keep us on the front foot from the off and also to put doubt into colmans mind about going forward at every opportunity 

not saying I agree but I think this is what he’ll do

vardy and Barnes with tete and madders, YT and Bouba complete the midfield 

• Like 2

Just now, TMELcfc said:

Same, but have some for about 3 weeks… recently been given a bit of hope whereas before I’d resigned myself to relegation … 

It's the feeling of waiting around - just a horrible feeling.

Going to be a long end to the season having to watch all the other teams play and then wait for our turn.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think he’ll start with tete to keep us on the front foot from the off and also to put doubt into colmans mind about going forward at every opportunity 

Don't do this to me. We really need 11 players on the pitch tonight. 

The only bonus of him playing is that I can rest easy knowing that he'll be subbed at 65 mins, having contributed nothing. 

If he's sub, I'll spend all game nervous that he'll be brought on at 65 mins to kybosh any chance of victory 

7 minutes ago, iancognito said:

On the flip side to that, we've come from behind to take points in both the last two games, which I think we only did once under Rodgers all season til that point. If not for Daka's pisspoor decision making we probably should have had all three against Leeds too. Yes, we're not spanking everyone but having the ability to come from behind is a handy skill in our position.

...it definitely shows good character to come back from being a goal down, it is a big thing to do when we are in this situation!!!

The disallowed Youri goal just shut down the whole stadium when it went in, and when VAR had disallowed the goal Leed was galvanised as if they had scored and we went into our shell as if we had gone a goal behind. It is plain to see how big the first goal can be, we need to get the upper hand, the crowd will carry us, and you can only go to the well so often.

People keep going on about this game, an the importance, after last Monday, I'm more worried about after the game. 8pm kick off, work the next day, I can't switch off after the game regardless of the result, struggled to get to sleep easily and felt tired all day Tuesday.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is going to happen isn’t it.

Surely Tete is due a good game?

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

8pm Monday is absolute purgatory 

So after seeing the latest TV update and looking forward to my holiday in the Phillipines, I then realised the Liverpool and Newcastle games will now be 4am Tuesday morning for me now.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Don't do this to me. We really need 11 players on the pitch tonight. 

The only bonus of him playing is that I can rest easy knowing that he'll be subbed at 65 mins, having contributed nothing. 

If he's sub, I'll spend all game nervous that he'll be brought on at 65 mins to kybosh any chance of victory 

...his presence, stretches the pitch for us!!!