Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think he’ll start with tete to keep us on the front foot from the off and also to put doubt into colmans mind about going forward at every opportunity 

not saying I agree but I think this is what he’ll do

vardy and Barnes with tete and madders, YT and Bouba complete the midfield 

I'd rather start with Daka in a 4-3-3 then Tete. Probably would go one of Bouba or Tielemans to get a DM In, whoever has performed best in training out of Mendy/Ndidi. Try and keep the play all in Evertons half.

Edited by Beachyboy

11 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

It's the feeling of waiting around - just a horrible feeling.

Going to be a long end to the season having to watch all the other teams play and then wait for our turn.

We are polite,well behaved middle earth Englishman, getting in the queue and patiently  waiting our time… Hoping those tasty,tasty left over titbits are still to be had..

like scratchings,broken biscuits, crisp pork crackling, 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, merlin1969 said:

Just been on 2 Everton fan forums and majority think an easy Leicester win :appl:

They've been on various phone ins and voxpops since Newcastle writing obituaries for the club, utterly devastated that letting off blue smoke pre-match and going "wooooo" during the game hasn't worked for a 2nd season running.

2 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Hope nobody tells the players this! They need to put some bloody effort in. Feel like they've been banking on their "superiority" for too long now and that's a large reason why we are where we are. 

Agreed they need to put the effort, but the best way to win this game is to control it imo and show composure on the ball rather than frantically lofting it into their box and trying to score that way. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

Agreed they need to put the effort, but the best way to win this game is to control it imo and show composure on the ball rather than frantically lofting it into their box and trying to score that way. 

I'd like to see us actively keep Everton outside the defensive third, no closer than 30 yards closer to our goal. We are always prone to concede a cheap goal, let's not let them get close enough to the goal for that to happen. If someone scores a worldie, fair enough. Play the percentages if their isn't a pass on play it in the channels, at least let's not lose the ball in dangerous areas.

• Like 4

Iverson 

Castagne   Faes   Cags   VK

Youri     Bouba

Tetê        Madders       Barnes

Vards

Start with above. If it don't work replace Tetê with Praet but move Madders to right wing. Second half replace Vards with Pato. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't agree. 

I wouldn't do anything fancy, weird, out of the ordinary or anything else unusual. 

These are straight up 100% dogmuck. Over thinking, over complicating and putting the fear of god in to the squad is why Brendan had us down there to begin with. 

Sometimes you just need to have faith in your strongest side to go out, play their natural game and be the better team. We are much, much better than these. If we go out thee tonight with our strongest team and believe that, we'll win. 

If we go out trying to over compensate and playing to stop whatever perceived threats they bring we'll lose. 

Plus, in the entire history of football, almost no team has been consistently successful lacking width. 

I know what you're saying, they are the pits. I still think the diamond is the fluid system that suits the players we have available and doesn't risk us being very passive and exposed in central midfield as well.

If we can play the high tempo fast & crisp diamond passing across the pitch we will be too much for everton. Get that early goal and force dychee to stop parking the bus. If they get the first goal they will have 11 players in their box the whole bloody game.

we have to take control asap.

can’t believe this is the only game on live today! Everyone & their grandma will be watching.

21 minutes ago, iancognito said:

They've been on various phone ins and voxpops since Newcastle writing obituaries for the club, utterly devastated that letting off blue smoke pre-match and going "wooooo" during the game hasn't worked for a 2nd season running.

Well we’ve not exactly done much better this season. Both in an utter pickle through utter stupidity and mismanagement. Either of us will be lucky to escape the drop.  Win crucial tonight. So expect a 1-1 draw. 

Just scrolling through one of them footy meme Instagram pages, and we’re actually a meme club aren’t we? Kompany top bins, ‘here’s Hogg, DEENEY’ etc etc. Be nice to do something dramatic tonight we can be proud of and not ****ing scarred by. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

We’ll beat a team before the seasons out in decent fashion, it’s coming. Going for us to score first and to win 3 or 4 nil. 

I also thought that could happen, but if it doesn't happen tonight only other chance is maybe West Ham on the last day.

36 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We are polite,well behaved middle earth Englishman, getting in the queue and patiently  waiting our time… Hoping those tasty,tasty left over titbits are still to be had..

like scratchings,broken biscuits, crisp pork crackling, 

Middle earth eh?

That explains a lot @fuchsntf....

Guessing you are a hobbit right?

This is you ain't it!

853124_1318330956712_full.jpg

Iverson

Castagne faes Soyunchu Kristiansen 

Mendy Tielemans 

Maddison 

Daka         Vardy         Barnes

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said: