Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

33 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

60% of our fans sing along to the poverty trivialising

Mate 60% of our fans don't even sing lol

But those that do aren't doing it because they have any particular political opinion they're just parroting the same shit that every other clubs fans sing without any creativity. 

The Everton fans obsession that it's because we're some kind of entrenched Tory club is a bit funny. 

• Like 2

If we win this a tiny amoeba sized speck of me will fear for Sean Dyche’s mental health. I think he’d have loved to manage us but couldn’t turn Everton down when they came calling. I think he’s got a picture on his wall of us. It’s been there since 2013-14. He walks past it, stares wistfully and thinks “One day! I’LL manage them and I’LL be the one to spend MANY POUND NOTES”. 

• Haha 2

I say don’t be scared of it - so what that it’s the biggest game for quite a while - embrace it - if it’s meant to be it will be - calmness needed all round - oh and by the way - we win relatively comfortably 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Have a Poo. That’ll kill time and prepare yourself 

That’s what I’m doing right now. I think nerves has ensured that the expulsion I’ve rendered is quite an unhealthy looking specimen 💩 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jv1 said:

I say don’t be scared of it - so what that it’s the biggest game for quite a while - embrace it - if it’s meant to be it will be - calmness needed all round - oh and by the way - we win relatively comfortably 

I agree. I'm angsty for sure. The jeopardy is high. But it's also why we are in this. What a way to feel alive. This is something big club plastics will never experience - they neither have the highs or lows we do (winning the CL would inspire less joy with a typical Man U fan than us getting 3 points tonight. Not even close)

Tremendous. Really

11 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Absolutely marvellous post

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Unless you can show us evidence of psychic abilities it doesn't matter what feeling you have.

Anything can happen in PL football, even Man City got beat at home by Brentford this season and Arsenal were 1-3 at home to Southampton with 88 mins on the clock.

After watching Everton vs Newcastle I was impressed with their work rate and endeavour especially from their MF three, Calvert-Lewin also looks like he has quality and can hurt us but I also thought they lacked quality on the ball. We have much better quality players and the home advantage should roar us on but it will come down to big moments and who does or doesn't take their chances.

Personally I'm not nervous yet and confident we'll win. A win will be massive in keeping us up but we also have the safety net that not winning is not fatal for us now that Leeds failed to beat Bournemouth and Forest failed to hold on at Brentford.

Just sharing my opinion buddy. Of course none us know what the score will be. The whole point of a forum is to share views and opinions isn't it? 

• Like 1

How is it still two hours before KO?

I wonder if the players have the same thoughts on a game of this magnitude?

One thing is for sure, in training Smith NEEDS to have said about NO sloppy possession in our half (looking at you Youri) nor any lazy hospital balls (looking at you Faes).

Smith commented on individual errors in his post match so fingers crossed we know that Everton will look to exploit that and we hit the wingers as quickly as possible? 🤞🏻

Was really looking forward to the game tonight but I've come down with flu and feel horrendous so going to have to miss this one. Absolutely gutted I won't be able to play a part in getting behind the team tonight. Hopefully we get the result we need 🤞

21 minutes ago, melvinmmelvin said:

I want Mark Selby, the 'Jester from Leicester', to fight back and win the Worlds; but more, more than any of this, I want the other 11 Jesters from Leicester to do the Toffees :) :)

At least if Selby loses, he can say he lost to someone who played genuinely superbly. If we lose tonight, you can guarantee it won’t be because of quality opposition. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

This time next week we will have 35 points!!

John Terry been speeding down Aylestone road after getting caught in bed with Deano’s Mrs… before having to head back realising he has left his phone?

50 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...your adjustments do seem confusing!!!

If Tete does not work out on the night, bring on Praet and push Madders out to right-wing, so does that mean Praet goes in the #10 role?

Why would we be looking to put square pegs in round holes, it is as if Rodgers's approach to game management has left too deep an imprint on the fanbase.

Well isn't that kinda what happened against Leeds? Madders went right and Kel took his place behind Vards?