Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

I don’t agree with this. We have seen improvement game by game since the new management team came in and the improvement in the togetherness of the players and the club as a whole is clear to see. I really feel we can get two wins against Everton and Fulham if we continue on this trajectory. We have to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Win and we stay up imo, obviously won't be mathematical but I think we will have enough in the run in to keep clear of the bottom 3. 

You have to win your home games, we beat wolves, now Everton, as long as we do that the point last night will have been a good one.

• Like 3

We need to do better in preventing crosses coming in against Everton as they have several areial threats in their team. Harrison in particular was getting crosses in from their right side with ease last night and we need to do better defending in the wide areas to stop crosses coming in so easily 

Iverson

Castagne

Faes

Souttar (set pieces against these will be vital)

Soyuncu

Kristiansan (would ideally leave out based on form but not convinced Thomas is any better)

Soumare

Tielemans

Maddison

Daka (assuming no Kel)

Vardy

Edited by eddylcfc
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Dear LCFC players,

Please don’t concede first in this game, else I fear we will then succumb to Dyche S**thousery.

Warm regards. 

In fairness, that's two games in a row against notoriously dirty sides where we've gone 1 down & not lost. 

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

What we need is a Simmo type right back. Castagne isn't the best at defending at the back post. 

I thought Timmy was outstanding last night but I agree Simmo was the best in the business at that defensively 

11 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Is there a rain dance equivalent for keeping clean sheets

Doesn’t it p*ss down enough…in Britain..

Thats all we want drowned in a bloody deluge

just as we save ourselves…
Preparing my souwester & canoe….Captain bloody Birds Eye.

Edited by fuchsntf

I've got no nerves at all, although relegation doesn't worry me like it used to, football is far more accessible in the championship now so there'd be no missing out. Not that I want to get relegated, but the worst thing about it for me was that your club ceased to exist outside of local media or cup matches. 

I think we'll win this, the team is actually working hard now, still lacking some  confidence, but what a great opportunity to go out and get a win against a team that will turn up with the intention of sitting 20 yards from their goal and hoping to pick up the odd set piece. 

Early goal and lets see some confidence flowing lads.

I am loving this post-Brendan life. Definitely missed wanting my team to win games and actually being able to cheer them on without feeling sick that the little gremlin will sink his claws in further.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Iversen

Castagne

Faes

Soyuncu

Kristiansen

Tielemans

Soumare

Praet

Maddison

Daka

Vardy

Daka gets first half. Barnes second. Although Daka wasn't brilliant against Wolves i think he actually did his job better than Barnes did yesterday. But, Barnes has been injured and hasn't spent as much time with the new training setup. Suppose if Barnes is nailing it in training all week he gets the nod, but on yesterdays performance alone he doesn't deserve to start.

Funny how no one cares about a Defensive midfielder anymore!

You get the feeling that from the 5 games left we need to take points and ideally 7 from Everton, Fulham and finally West Ham. I am hoping the Hammers will either be wearing flip-flops or thinking about the Conference Final. I cant see us getting any points from Liverpool (Home) and Newcastle (Away) to be honest. Goal Difference may be worth one extra point to us too! 

1 hour ago, RobHawk said:

Win and we stay up imo, obviously won't be mathematical but I think we will have enough in the run in to keep clear of the bottom 3. 

You have to win your home games, we beat wolves, now Everton, as long as we do that the point last night will have been a good one.

I think a lot are hoping and assuming Everton lose to Newcastle. If that does happen, an we do beat them a 4 point cushion does feel like a bit of breathing space.