Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Everton Pre-Match

In addition to the anecdotal evidence of his attempts on goal and defensive contributions, the stats suggest Souttar is our best option aerially with a whopping 87.8% aerial dual success rate. Stats are per 90.

If we're going with 4 atb, I'd go with him and Cags against Everton, especially if DCL is going to play up top for them.

Screenshot 2023-04-26 114430.jpg

Edited by egg_fried_rice
initially included fa cup stats for faes
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I just don’t like Youri and Bouba as a 2, it’s not mobile. Kelechi potentially being out could allow for something like this:

Iversen

Castagne

Faes

Soyuncu

Kristiansen

Mendy

Tielemans

Soumare

Madders

Vardy

Barnes

The worry being an isolated Vardy.

If Keisavailable then him in for Mendy and we’ll just have to roll with Youri and Bouba and pray. 

... how about Praet drops in for Tielemanns and Maddison becomes #8!!! 

Praet and Barnes would go ahead of Vardy or at least be close enough to support him. Maddison could come in late into the box as not likely to be picked up, from coming so deep. 

I really believe 4-3-3 is the best formation for us at the moment. Nacho being out injured, hinders it to a point,  but Vardy could play a false #9. With his threat to the backline he can bring a defender out to follow him if he drops, leaving a central space for Barnes or Praet to exploit. 

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

... how about Praet drops in for Tielemanns and Maddison becomes #8!!! 

Praet and Barnes would go ahead of Vardy or at least be close enough to support him. Maddison could come in late into the box as not likely to be picked up, from coming so deep. 

I really believe 4-3-3 is the best formation for us at the moment. Nacho being out injured, hinders it to a point,  but Vardy could play a false #9. With his threat to the backline he can bring a defender out to follow him if he drops, leaving a central space for Barnes or Praet to exploit. 

Tielemans won't be dropped in this run in if he's fit. He had the armband last night. 

For all of the times he's sometimes a bit slow or gives the ball away, he's still our best number 8. You only have to see the quality of his disallowed goal last night as well to see how he could definitely turn a game for us and win us points at this crucial stage of the season. 

We have to toughen up, be smarter. If Everton go a goal up we'll see shithousery on an industrial scale. We must do the same in the circumstances. If one of our players get manhandled in the box, like Wout did last night, then fall over, make a meal of it and draw it to the refs attention and make VAR intervene. It would've been a soft penalty but we've seen them given almost weekly. Same with fouls and hand balls. Wave your arms about and run towards the ref in mock outrage like most of our opponents do. It sucks but it's the modern way. And we can play our part as fans by raising the pressure on the officials. We know that works. 

C'mon City, wise up, play them at their own game. No longer time for being nice. 

• Like 4

Must win for us, must not lose for them.

Everton play Newcastle at home on Thursday so if we just count that as a game in hand rather than predicting the outcome a win on Monday would make them needing 5pts to overtake us. A win and two draws from five games is hard to come by for the teams at the bottom.

Winner probably stays up and for us we won't have a better chance for a win between now and the end of the season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Glad I bagged a late ticket for this, it's massive. Really massive. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's even more massiverer than massive. 

1 hour ago, sly1 said:

This game is massive :scarf:

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's massive, this one. 

2 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

It's massive, isn't it?! 😂

I think we can all agree then, It's massive.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

I don’t agree with this. We have seen improvement game by game since the new management team came in and the improvement in the togetherness of the players and the club as a whole is clear to see. I really feel we can get two wins against Everton and Fulham if we continue on this trajectory. We have to. 

Fulham play Man City at home and Liverpool away before they play us. There chances of European football are slim now and should be all but gone by the time we play them.

If it comes down to who wants it more we should win that battle hands down, Fulham away is most definitely a resource for points and our best chance of redemption if we fail to beat Everton.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

3-4-3

Iversen

Faes - Souttar - Soyuncu

Castagne - Tielemans - Soumare - Kristiansen

Maddison

Vardy    -    Barnes

I’ll like this but would have Nacho Instead of Barnes. Daka if Nacho is injured. 

• Like 1

I don’t care how we do it, but we must win!

After they play Newcastle tomorrow, they have:

Brighton (A)
Man C (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Best case scenario for them I think is 6pts against a Wolves team on the beach (wouldn’t be easy at Molineaux) and Bournemouth at home.

If Newcastle do the biz tomoz then we’d be 4pts clear of Everton if we beat them. We’d be there or there abouts with one more win after I think.
  • Like 1

I've been unable to attend many games this season due to personal circumstance and have relied on second hand feedback. Souttar seems to be absent in most peoples team, however from the bits ive seen hes been pretty solid and my friends rate him highly. Would he not be a wise choice for the Everton game? Given the inevitable tactics.

Guest Mee-9

Win this and I reckon we'll do it. 

Bloody hell a few weeks ago I was saying we were dead in the water. 

It's the hope that kills isn't it. 

Barnes

Vardy

Maddison

Tielemans

Praet

Soumare

Kristiansen

Souyuncu

Faes

Castagne

Iversen

At times we struggled in our build up yesterday, we were overly reliant on individuals to make things happen like when Faes went on runs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I've been unable to attend many games this season due to personal circumstance and have relied on second hand feedback. Souttar seems to be absent in most peoples team, however from the bits ive seen hes been pretty solid and my friends rate him highly. Would he not be a wise choice for the Everton game? Given the inevitable tactics.

H'es been Solid but lack of pace when paired with Faes is an issue as we were getting hit on the counter a lot so made sense to bring Cags in, who is our only CB with a bit of pace 

Edited by turlo
typo