Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finn Claw II

London Pub

One for the London foxes.  I’ve tended to go to The Stag on new cavendish street to watch games.  

The atmosphere used to be really good and was the Leicester City pub but the last two times I’ve been, they haven’t even turned on the commentary 

Feels like a new venue is required.  

A few of us might try the Euston Flyer for the Everton game but happy for any hidden LCFC gems.

I haven't been to the stag in years. Thats a shame .....maybe it's got new owners? 

In terms of good viewing/sound I'd always pick the greenwood in Victoria. The screens are amazing and sound gets cranked right up. 

9 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

One for the London foxes.  I’ve tended to go to The Stag on new cavendish street to watch games.  

The atmosphere used to be really good and was the Leicester City pub but the last two times I’ve been, they haven’t even turned on the commentary 

Feels like a new venue is required.  

A few of us might try the Euston Flyer for the Everton game but happy for any hidden LCFC gems.

Did you try asking behind the bar for the sound? They're normally quite helpful for football fans, but if there aren't any requests they may not realise there's a demand on a particular day. Must admit that it's a good location for me, as would be Euston. 

Surprised that the Stag didn't have sound on, thought it was owned by Leicester fans. Euston Flyer is quite good though and not far from where I live. There's the Rocket on Euston Road too which is quite spacious and shows football, although thinking about it I'm not sure it's even open. Mabel's Tavern nearby also feels very much like a football pub but is a bit more cramped. 

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

Surprised that the Stag didn't have sound on, thought it was owned by Leicester fans. Euston Flyer is quite good though and not far from where I live. There's the Rocket on Euston Road too which is quite spacious and shows football, although thinking about it I'm not sure it's even open. Mabel's Tavern nearby also feels very much like a football pub but is a bit more cramped. 

The landlord of the Stag is a massive Leicester fan but he goes to virtually every game home and away, so he's not around on nights when Leicester play. But I'm sure they turn the sound on if asked...

• Like 1

If you want to avoid central London prices, there's a great sports pub in Kilburn where a pint will be in the £4 - £5 range, as opposed to £6 - £7. It's McGlynns on Willesden Lane, Kilburn.  Although there are tube and overground stations nearby, it may still be a bit of a trek for some, and it does tend to fill up with Chelsea or Arsenal fans when their team is playing on the box.

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The landlord of the Stag is a massive Leicester fan but he goes to virtually every game home and away, so he's not around on nights when Leicester play. But I'm sure they turn the sound on if asked...

Anyone up for a meet up for the next game?

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

I've spoken to Nigel at the Stags this morning to check this out for you. He didn't know that the sound wasn't on for the game but said you just need to ask.  Just a note for the Everton game.... check before you head to the Stags as the pub may be closed on Monday. 

Edited by Weller 7

I haven't been to the Stag's Head for a few months, but sure it's run by Nigel and his wife still. I think they now serve Greek food? 

There's usually a decent contingent of fans down there, but there's no doubt it hasn't been the same since the pandemic. There was a time you genuinely could barely get in for City fans. Depending on when the game is, you can also get a load of middle aged suits from the local offices packing the place out which spoils the atmosphere.

Would be up for heading there again for sure - met quite a few FTers in there over the years. Although I'm not sure I can handle it on a Bank Holiday Monday.

EDIT: Just seen the post above. Is still run by Nigel.

Edited by RoboFox

9 minutes ago, Weller 7 said:

I've spoken to Nigel at the Stags this morning to check this out for you. He didn't know that the sound wasn't on for the game but said you just need to ask.  Just a note for the Everton game.... check before you head to the Stags as the pub may be closed on Monday. 

Thanks, but it was Finn Claw who had the issue with the sound. I know Nigel well and have never had a problem getting the staff to turn the sound on. However I don't live in London any more, so sadly haven't been in the Stag for a while...

• Like 1

Watched both legs of the Watford play off in the stag and also the Arsenal game we lost in the league winning season. 

Incredible atmosphere every time. Two losses out of three though so i've not been back since lol 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Watched both legs of the Watford play off in the stag and also the Arsenal game we lost in the league winning season. 

Incredible atmosphere every time. Two losses out of three though so i've not been back since lol 

Also great to watch in there. 

Bloke next to me spontaneously burst into tears when Deeney happened. If it was you I hope the shot of tequila helped. lol

• Haha 1

I spend 50% of my time in central London for work (including Monday on night sadly) but now I know there’s a “Leicester” pub in town… give me something else to do between shifts.

as a bit of a side track, would any of you London foxes be up for some casual 5-a-side football? I could hire a pitch and set up a game on Footyaddicts (app) over the coming weeks if there is any interest…?

14 minutes ago, FoxesAreBlue said:

I spend 50% of my time in central London for work (including Monday on night sadly) but now I know there’s a “Leicester” pub in town… give me something else to do between shifts.

as a bit of a side track, would any of you London foxes be up for some casual 5-a-side football? I could hire a pitch and set up a game on Footyaddicts (app) over the coming weeks if there is any interest…?

I'd be up for that mate.