Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finn Claw II

London Pub

4 hours ago, FoxesAreBlue said:

I spend 50% of my time in central London for work (including Monday on night sadly) but now I know there’s a “Leicester” pub in town… give me something else to do between shifts.

as a bit of a side track, would any of you London foxes be up for some casual 5-a-side football? I could hire a pitch and set up a game on Footyaddicts (app) over the coming weeks if there is any interest…?

Yeah man, which area?

15 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Did you try asking behind the bar for the sound? They're normally quite helpful for football fans, but if there aren't any requests they may not realise there's a demand on a particular day. Must admit that it's a good location for me, as would be Euston. 

I asked and was told I wouldn’t be able to hear it so they didn’t bother - isn’t that what the volume button is for….

Since a mate forwarded me this thread, I've been in touch with Nigel at the Stags Head. Firstly, the pub's closed on Monday as the electricians are needed and he's got to close for 24 hours. Bad timing! Secondly, Nigel, who as we know, attends every single City game home and away, will in future make sure that there is always commentary at a decent volume for all of City's televised games and will therefore remain the LCFC pub in London. After all, if you happened to be in London in May 2016, this is probably where you were for the Battle of the Bridge and the title was won. There's even a plaque behind the bar to commemorate this. I remember the dark old days of being in the Championship and trying to watch a Leicester match on tv in London. Inevitably, you ended up in the Sports Cafe drinking terrible, over-priced beer in an American themed bar. Everything was wrong about it. The Stags Head has been a saviour and while being in the Premier has meant our games are screened more widely in pubs, the fact that we have a pub with a landlord who's a die-hard Leicester fan which is central and has great beer (Side Pocket is always on), is forever going to get my vote. But, everyone on this thread is right: we need sound! And Nigel promises he will sort it. As for Monday, I'm willing to try the Euston Flyer or the Rocket, both say they're open, so I'll probably pop my head into both and see which has the most Leicester fans and best beer! Up the City!

• Like 2

On 27/04/2023 at 16:26, FoxesAreBlue said:

I spend 50% of my time in central London for work (including Monday on night sadly) but now I know there’s a “Leicester” pub in town… give me something else to do between shifts.

as a bit of a side track, would any of you London foxes be up for some casual 5-a-side football? I could hire a pitch and set up a game on Footyaddicts (app) over the coming weeks if there is any interest…?

I’d be keen 

Theres a big City fan who runs 5 pubs in London. I know he as put games on before for fans without tickets. All the pubs have "STAR" in the name, the one in Kings Cross is the King of Stars, l don't know if the games are on, as go to all the games, but its worth going on to their FB pages.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

After watching that s**t show at Fulham, I'm not that disappointed to be missing Liverpool on Monday, when I'll be stuck in London. I'm based for a few days in Farringdon. Is there a good pub for watching the lads anywhere near, or would the recommendation be to tube over to Marylebone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...