Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

press on get 100+ a head tonight, stick another 80 on in the morning and declare. with the weather its the only way we could get a result. 

Suspect they'll be tempted to try and get Australia in before the lead's that big (if we get there) in the hope that they can get them a few wickets down tonight, but I think we've got to surely try and go for the innings victory here?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Suspect they'll be tempted to try and get Australia in before the lead's that big (if we get there) in the hope that they can get them a few wickets down tonight, but I think we've got to surely try and go for the innings victory here?

smash them about until 6:30 tonight and stick them into bat or smash them about until 11:30 tomorrow AM and give the bowlers a full days rest. Its tricky and a shame it looks like a lot of play will be lost because of the weather. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Said to the lads earlier I’ll be disappointed if it’s not a lead of 150+. Now thinking I’ll be annoyed if it’s not over 200. 

150-200 lead after the first innings makes it very tough even with the weather for Australia to get back in it 

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Even by England standards, getting a lead of 150/200 before lunch tomorrow will take some doing. To get a result I think we still need to hope the weekend forecast is wrong and we get some play. 

Well, they could be 100 ahead by close today, then ten overs tomorrow morning to turn that to 160-180 and put them in. Have the rest of the day to bowl them out and chase whatever nominal target they might set.

Of course, having the insurance policy of some play on Sunday (Saturday seems a no-go) would help.

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Well, they could be 100 ahead by close today, then ten overs tomorrow morning to turn that to 160-180 and put them in. Have the rest of the day to bowl them out and chase whatever nominal target they might set.

Of course, having the insurance policy of some play on Sunday (Saturday seems a no-go) would help.

Friday and Sunday looking pretty similar weather wise according to met office. Hopefully between the 2 there's at least a day and half of play

• Like 1