Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

I think at some point we'll go ballistic (even more so). Get a 150+ lead, psychologically destroy them and bowl them out quickly for an innings victory. We might get the equivalent of just over 3 and half days, and it MIGHT just be enough.

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Yes. I think we really can afford to hammer it.

And this situation - getting the better of the batting conditions and time sensitive targets to hit - is where the new England playing style is going to come into its own.

I'm not sure many teams right now would have gotten into the position that England are in - to have a decent chance of winning even with likely not much time on the clock.

• Like 1

MAD fking mad..This is Test cricket and Ashes to boot…

5.78-6.00 Run rate..Bazbal or for the Aussies grevious bodily ( or bowling) harm

would love these two to take it past the Aussie score..

Crawley doubters…( myself one) what a bloody innings fare dinkum..

Over a run a ball..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

And this situation - getting the better of the batting conditions and time sensitive targets to hit - is where the new England playing style is going to come into its own.

I'm not sure many teams right now would have gotten into the position that England are in - to have a decent chance of winning even with likely not much time on the clock.

Yes - I was thinking that. For all my frustration with some of the shots played in the first 2 tests - this test is absolutely set up for our style of play. And if we do go on to win it, it will all have been worth it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If only Crawley just had a little bit of consistency. Some player when he comes off. You can obviously see why there is so much faith in him. 

Yeah that's the thing when he does get going he does look superb, shame it's so rare that it happens