Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Unlucky, but still a great session… 6 wickets can build 150+ lead this will set a very tough marker for Australia 

In cricket..be wary what you wish for and build up some form of expectation…

What we would like and try to compute is mangled…because 1 ball changes those wishes,

3 balls before we are into our tail..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

In cricket..be wary what you wish for and build up some form of expectation…

What we would like and try to compute is mangled…because 1 ball changes those wishes,

3 balls before we are into our tail..

Just when everything is going beautifully you want to avoid that collapse, Australia lucky tired and not knowing what to do… 150+ pretty much gives us a good advantage 

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Can anybody who's played Cricket reassure me that the ball doing that to Root is a good thing for when we are trying to bowl them out?

Or does it mean it has absolutely nothing left in it already?

I would imagine the latter. It's not the first time the ball just died in the last hour or so. 

Probably why Aus have been asking for a different ball too. 

• Thanks 1

Weather looks v dodgy at the weekend - could easily be two washout days - even if some play is possible it’s doubtful will be too much 

wouldn’t surprise me to see us bat ‘T20’ in the morning and try to stick 200 onto where we are now and then try to bowl them out in the 50 overs in the afternoon and evening sessions 

• Like 1

Yes, I believe tomorrow the first few overs will be look and see,then they will up the anti.

Declare 10 overs into 2nd session,if we have the wickets still..

This wicket has started to play up,150-180 lead, would be good,anything over that gravy.

Anything under that knife edge nerve shattering cricket.

Would be great if Anderson gets a 5 for.,though Woakes and Moen could have a big say..

Have the Aussies got it in them to play for time,or will England find a way to scatter them for a low score,

then hoping we don’t need to bat again..

18 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Can't quite believe there hasn't been any love for Ali in at 3. Thought he had a really good knock. 

If it helps it’s all I’ve seen on my Twitter feed and by god he deserves it. Put a real shift in today  

27 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Can't quite believe there hasn't been any love for Ali in at 3. Thought he had a really good knock. 

Such a glorious batsman to watch when he's in full flow too. Love his languid looking style. 

Well played Zak Crawley also. I've been highly critical of him in the past but some of his shots today were fantastic. Got lucky at times, but think he earned it.

Need a lead of 200+ for me. Ideally, aim to get that by lunch and have another crack at them. Be such a shame if the rain ruins it, as this series deserves a proper ending. The cricket has been brilliant throughout.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Such a glorious batsman to watch when he's in full flow too. Love his languid looking style. 

Well played Zak Crawley also. I've been highly critical of him in the past but some of his shots today were fantastic. Got lucky at times, but think he earned it.

Need a lead of 200+ for me. Ideally, aim to get that by lunch and have another crack at them. Be such a shame if the rain ruins it, as this series deserves a proper ending. The cricket has been brilliant throughout.

Aggers on TMS said Ali in full flow reminds him of David Gower which I thought was a good comparison

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Moeen doing well 

9 hours ago, trabuch said:

Yes. Hats off to him.

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

How dare you! 

• Thanks 1