Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

When do England declare? With potentially only today and tomorrow to play to bowl Aus out in near-perfect conditions, how much of a lead do England need? 200? 250?

Not even that, do it at lunch no matter the lead. Time is a real factor. If we don't bowl them out today, then the draw is near inevitable anyway.

Edited by leicsmac

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I don't mind the "Same old Aussies always cheating" but Starcs foot was a mile in. 

Booing a bloke for standing on a shadow is the most Old Trafford Party Stand thing to happen ever.

Makes me all the more upset I'm not likely to end up spending any time there tomorrow.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Aussies taking the urine on this over rate

Absolutely. But if the positions were reversed I'd be pushing for the exact same and praying for rain.

4 minutes ago, trabuch said:

If this is the same England that declared on day 1 of the first test you'd think they would declare now. But I reckon they'll push on. I expect they have the most accurate forecast available and will have it worked out.

This is interesting. I wonder what kind of resources they would have access to on this matter that Joe Public would not? The Met Office is a public domain organisation, after all.

29 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Not even that, do it at lunch no matter the lead. Time is a real factor. If we don't bowl them out today, then the draw is near inevitable anyway.

I'm not so sure. Tomorrow could be a total washout, but there could well be plenty of play today and on the last day, and I'm not sure that apart from Smith, Khawaja and maybe Labuschagne, Australia have anyone capable of batting with the attitude of 'just don't get out,' so they could easily fail to bat it out.

1 minute ago, Sparrowhawk said:

I'm not so sure. Tomorrow could be a total washout, but there could well be plenty of play today and on the last day, and I'm not sure that apart from Smith, Khawaja and maybe Labuschagne, Australia have anyone capable of batting with the attitude of 'just don't get out,' so they could easily fail to bat it out.

I would agree, but if that's the case then them falling sooner rather than later would add extra insurance in case of the weather anyhow. At the very least, it would cost nothing.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I would agree, but if that's the case then them falling sooner rather than later would add extra insurance in case of the weather anyhow. At the very least, it would cost nothing.

Oh, I agree with the 'declare now' bit, just not that the draw is so inevitable.

22 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Absolutely. But if the positions were reversed I'd be pushing for the exact same and praying for rain.

This is interesting. I wonder what kind of resources they would have access to on this matter that Joe Public would not? The Met Office is a public domain organisation, after all.

There is no forecast for the next 48 hours which is isnt publicly available 

Sunday could offer some windows if they manage to cover the whole playing surface tomorrow 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Radars and stuff - but I haven't looked at the radar. The F1 chaps seem to know more than I ever do.