Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

25 minutes ago, Corky said:

It is a tough one. The last thing we want is to bat again so a huge lead was imperative but obviously time is lost doing that. 

One plays the game..not the weather !! and England would not want that many runs to chase in 4th innings

Exactly right batting pushing that 260+ 

Mark...Australia still have a top batting side...They might be waivering,but this is the Aussies, they won't give up..we will see 2-3 decent Aussie innings.

Unfortunately..Weather is what it is..

I fear the weather will win but even if Australia retain the Ashes, I think the last couple of days would have felt like a dagger to the heart to a few of them.

Lucky enough to have spent close to 3 years in Australia over the last 20 years and one thing I learnt very quickly as a sport fan and surrounded by like minded is that the Ashes are constantly in there mind, but more than anything they cannot handle being embarrased/outplayed/ridiculed etc

If they retain the urn or not, this test will hurt them big time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

No context fault finding?

Should’ve gone all out earlier imo.

I know it’s the equivalent of a FT member saying we should’ve gone ‘44 fakin 2’ in a football thread but we needed to have forced a result today, as tall an order as it was

Series will now be drawn (at best) 

I am quite enjoying the fact that the entire narrative of this match is "can England beat the weather?" - the Australians are almost an irrelevance now (and they know it).  If we do somehow manage to overcome the elements, the final test will be a breeze - and we will win back the ashes. 

Edited by trabuch

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

On that note, accuweather.com is giving a slightly more optimistic outlook than the Met Office. I guess we wait and see.

Resigned myself to seeing no play today, but I'll keep their forecast up. As you say, it's the most optimistic of the lot.

I'm up in Preston right now and it's brighter than it's meant to be.