Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

Not getting anything here, had them on the ropes yesterday and who knows what an extra hour bowling could have done.

For all the talk of "bazball" reigniting test cricket, it's pretty apt that a series is going to be decided by the weather, as good as this test has been.

Edit: oh a wicket, ignore me :ph34r:

Edited by wardyfox86

4 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Not getting anything here, had them on the ropes yesterday and who knows what an extra hour bowling could have done.

For all the talk of "bazball" reigniting test cricket, it's pretty apt that a series is going to be decided by the weather, as good as this test has been.

Edit: oh a wicket, ignore me :ph34r:

No - keep at it - anything to take wickets!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Who will Australia have to bowl if they aren't allowed the quicks?

They obviously will just refuse to bowl spin knowing the umpires will bring the players off. The umpires can only say if  you bowl pace we'll come off , they can't make you bowl spinners.

lf England only want a few runs they will refuse any offer to come off for bad light no matter who's bowling.

18 minutes ago, steve555 said:

They obviously will just refuse to bowl spin knowing the umpires will bring the players off. The umpires can only say if  you bowl pace we'll come off , they can't make you bowl spinners.

lf England only want a few runs they will refuse any offer to come off for bad light no matter who's bowling.

I think coming off has been taken out of the batsmen's hands now, even for bad light. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm certain it changed a few years ago. 

• Like 1

Will be extremely harsh if this series is decided on weather. I know that's the nature of cricket but England have been majestic and anyone's able to tell this is an England win if they'd been able to play these two full days.

For the sakes of the series as a sporting spectacle, hope its dry tomorrow. 2-2 going in to the last test would be superb. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I think coming off has been taken out of the batsmen's hands now, even for bad light. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm certain it changed a few years ago. 

If that's the case, the Aussies will just say we're bowling the quicks whatever & the umpires will just say ok off we go.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Will be extremely harsh if this series is decided on weather. I know that's the nature of cricket but England have been majestic and anyone's able to tell this is an England win if they'd been able to play these two full days.

For the sakes of the series as a sporting spectacle, hope its dry tomorrow. 2-2 going in to the last test would be superb. 

But the state of the match prior to today was only due to the knowledge of the rain to come. So whether this match would have played out in the same manner had the forecast been 5 days of uninterrupted play.

12 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

But the state of the match prior to today was only due to the knowledge of the rain to come. So whether this match would have played out in the same manner had the forecast been 5 days of uninterrupted play.

Yeah maybe I guess you're right but I think the point is the same, no England fan and no neutral is going to want to see this rained off. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

get yoursel in the Wishing Well

In Lostock Hall? 15 mins walk from where I am now.

Was just glad to see some cricket today given the forecast. Annoyed we didn't look like we had a plan but Labuschagne was due and played well. Umps lost the plot with Aussie timewasting early on, also with the insistence that we could only bowl spinners - though that did us a favour as we were out of ideas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Mad isn’t it.

Imagine telling a foreigner not au fait with the sport that the English created a game that last 5 days, might not be able to actually complete because of the English weather, and there may not be a winner 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

1 hour ago, steve555 said:

If that's the case, the Aussies will just say we're bowling the quicks whatever & the umpires will just say ok off we go.

And they will bowl bouncers. The rules are if, in the umpires opinion it is unsafe due to poor light then they come off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Mad isn’t it.

Imagine telling a foreigner that the English created a game that last 5 days, might not be able to actually complete because of the English weather, and there may not be a winner 

And that they stopped for tea when it was still playable!