Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

What an anti-climax. It’s a wonderful sport but it doesn’t half shoot itself in the foot sometimes.

There should be reserve days for weather affected games. I’d agree with the above post in that grinding out a draw over 5 days is deserved. 

Imagine if we won this and came from 2-0 down to win. Hopefully denying them a first series win over here since 2001 is enough motivation to win at the oval. 

Not just a reserve day. Why does the game have to start at 11am? Why can’t we play more overs on first few days when we know the rain is coming on last 2 days?

Just baffling how they dont use some common sense

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Not just a reserve day. Why does the game have to start at 11am? Why can’t we play more overs on first few days when we know the rain is coming on last 2 days?

Just baffling how they dont use some common sense

Thing is, they will be asked these questions yet again and we will just be fed the usual shite of lack of police/stewarding/medical resources beyond the current hours they are contracted for.

It all needs looking at, have a lunch fine, there's absolutely no need for a tea break at all imo. I know it's only 20 minutes but over the course of 5 days it's another 1hr 40 minutes lost

• Haha 1

Torrential rain in July. Oh how I love a ****ing English “summer”.

If I have one question of how we played this test (as I said previously I’m not Cricket purist) did we bat for too long on Friday? 

I think it’d have been better declaring at lunch or going out after lunch giving it a slog for 10-20 minutes then declaring - get in Aussie’s heads even more - whilst giving us another 2 or 3 hours bowling at them knowing the weather to come.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

If I have one question of how we played this test (as I said previously I’m not Cricket purist) did we bat for too long on Friday? 

I think it’d have been better declaring at lunch or going out after lunch giving it a slog for 10-20 minutes then declaring - get in Aussie’s heads even more - whilst giving us another 2 or 3 hours bowling at them knowing the weather to come.

With how the weathers been, I don’t think it would’ve made much difference. If the innings was cut shorter we’d have almost certainly needed to bat again, which we’d not have had time to do.

Outside chance it would’ve worked but it with the weather it put us in a predicament where we couldn’t win IMO. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Feels like the oval might be the end of an era. Anderson is done sadly, might see Broad retire on a high, doubt Ali plays again as well.

Interesting times ahead as the batting is looking pretty set for the next 3-4 years you'd imagine.

32 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Feels like the oval might be the end of an era. Anderson is done sadly, might see Broad retire on a high, doubt Ali plays again as well.

Interesting times ahead as the batting is looking pretty set for the next 3-4 years you'd imagine.

Youngest bowler in this game was 33. Obviously that’s going to be an issue in years to come.

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think the fact that they were 61 runs behind, with 5 wickets in hand says that we didn’t bag for too long. The forecast initially suggested there would be a decent amount of play today. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Youngest bowler in this game was 33. Obviously that’s going to be an issue in years to come.

Robinson, Tongue, Archer, (if he can get fit) Stone, Ahmed. There’s plenty of bowling about. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think the fact that they were 61 runs behind, with 5 wickets in hand says that we didn’t bag for too long. The forecast initially suggested there would be a decent amount of play today. 

Biggest reason we didn't win the test was that Australia batted for too long imo.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Robinson, Tongue, Archer, (if he can get fit) Stone, Ahmed. There’s plenty of bowling about. 

Carse, Potts and Atkinson too.

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Ahmed should've been included the minute Leach went down. Baffling decision considering he was taken to India

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If its any consolation, I'm in Manchester for a couple of days and it's still gloomy as fvck lol

PXL_20230723_181844802.thumb.jpg.6435d6ffeff51cecbb72279e4a036451.jpg

Softens the blow massively, cheers. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Archer won’t play a test match again, Tongue and Stone are always injured, Robinson is good but not an attack leader! Potts will be great in English conditions but it’s still a bit worrying imo. 

Fortunately the next group of batters look sensational added onto what we already have, which will do us good.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Global warming man