Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I wonder how many times I've read 'england collapse' throught he years?

It's certainly never dull. But they are right now the third best team in the world and it's only Aus or India away where I wouldn't back them.

• Like 3

As an aside, can a side really say they've "taken charge of a Test" when they've put an opponent in on a green pitch in favourable bowling conditions and the batting side is 250-7 after 50 overs, as the BBC had as their byline?

For me, "taking charge" would be 250-7 at the end of day 1 on an utter road where you're sure to get 500+ in response, or bundling the other team out for sub-150 and be about 40-0 on this pitch at tea, not the current situation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Lack of TMS on analogue radio from next summer is an absolute disgrace. The BBC really haven't done a brilliant job ever since they decided they were interested in the sport again...

Excuse my ignorance but how many people even listen to analogue radio these days? Surely the cost is more than it’s worth

13 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Very surprised we are still playing Anderson. Sentiment only takes you so far and its clear as day he just hasnt got it in him

It really looks that way. There has been a bit too much sentiment displayed by England this summer (Bairstow too). It may well have cost us.  That said - the wicket looks easier. 

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Excuse my ignorance but how many people even listen to analogue radio these days? Surely the cost is more than it’s worth

And TMS has always been on unless they ECB sell rights to Talksport so a bit harsh to criticise them.

Analogue radio is soon to be a thing of the past generally!

I just you can still buy portable radios with DAB on.

Warner once again gets in them throws his wicket away

Edited by Super_horns

32 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I just find it frustrating as I listen in the car a lot. Just feels like another barrier to new and casual fans being able to find cricket accessible too.

• Like 1