Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The dropped catches, the no ball wicket and the silly dismissals yesterday are bigger mistakes then the declaration. 

Yep. The simple fact is England should have won it deceleration or not.

Khawaja will get MOTM but should be Cummins especially given he was the only bowler that seemed to get the ball talking on a flat pitch. 

• Like 1

What a great test match, fair play to the Aussies. All goes back to the declaration for me. Root and Robinson still in. Could’ve easily scored 40/50 more. What’s even more frustrating is we’ve managed to get Labuschagne, Smith and Head both innings without them doing any real damage. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LCFC BEAST said:

No Anderson with the new ball is highly questionable. 

Foakes and a proper spinner need to be brought in

Don't know who that spinner would be though. Liam Dawson would be far too vanilla and Rehan's too raw for this.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

What a great test match, fair play to the Aussies. All goes back to the declaration for me. Root and Robinson still in. Could’ve easily scored 40/50 more. What’s even more frustrating is we’ve managed to get Labuschagne, Smith and Head both innings without them doing any real damage. 

Yes. The Aussies stuck in and got over the line. I think the declaration was trying a bit too hard. Another 20 or 30  would have worth it instead of the gamble to try and get wickets that we didn't get.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

That happens and the game ends in a draw. You need to give yourself time to bowl out a good side on a pitch like that.

Jonny Bairstow takes just a few of his chances and we win with hours on the clock.

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Don't know who that spinner would be though. Liam Dawson would be far too vanilla and Rehan's too raw for this.

The current set up is probably the best way to introduce him to the Ashes.

Issue is with England producing spinners in general, it’s non-existent.

Might as well bring Rash back if Moeen got the call up

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That happens and the game ends in a draw. You need to give yourself time to bowl out a good side on a pitch like that.

Jonny Bairstow takes just a few of his chances and we win with hours on the clock.

A draw is better than a defeat! But you live by the sword, I guess. 

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

I don't think we are out of the series at all. With a bit of luck and some clearer thinking we'll beat them next time.

Need to overturn the Lords hoodoo.

Lords doesn’t really spin, so drop Mo for Foakes and let Rooty handle the spin. 

Also need to sort the seamer situation.

Edited by Simmo86

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

A draw is better than a defeat! But you live by the sword, I guess. 

Well yeah but that's just hindisight.

The declaration didn't look daft on day 2 with Warner, Marnus and Smith out for about 60 odd.