Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

If you want to play bazball against the top sides then you need to be serious with your fielding and wicket keeping. 

You can't get away with dropped catches and sluggish slips when the margin is so fine. 

The declaration wasn't the problem but you do need top level fielding to go with it. 

To be fair to England, the fielding was exceptional in the last session. Australia having a proper warm up against a quality team means they're a little sharper.

Yet more evidence that the Ashes is the best test series on the planet. I’d also argue that when you get the weather, England is probably the best place to play cricket in the world (slight bias maybe). The changeable conditions over the course of a day make it really exciting IMO. 

They’re a bunch of mullet loving weirdos but it’s hard not to respect the Aussies. Nathan Lyon is an outstanding cricketer. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
24 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Fair play Cummins, he’s a likeable bloke too.

Feel like that was a huge chance wasted and I can’t see anything but an Aussie win at Lords. 

They don't like him in Australia, because he's too likeable.

11 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

This is a concerning mentality. 

FzPrUeGXsAEI01C.jpeg

Its funny i thought the england players would be very deflated after losing but they didn't seem to be at all, we had them at 227/8 and we still couldnt win.  So I'm not surprised someones come out and said this.  Its that lack of ruthlessness that concerns me, i just cant see the Aussies not winning if they had us in a similiar position.

• Like 1

Whats wrong in taking a Bazball-selection approach & throw in those who would ask questions….

Crawly

Bairstow

Pope

Root

Stoke

Brook

Folkes(wkt)

Ahmed

Broad

Robinson

Wood…

Rest Anderson,for other wickets…

Root more bowling time.

maybe even Brook for split 12 overs.

Ahmed could be our secret Allrounder…

Let Bairstow concentrate on batting…

Folkes ups our game &  chances.

Stokes and Mac,have & clever enough to also look at what can be tweeked

• Like 1

On 21/06/2023 at 19:41, Chocolate Teapot said:

They don't like him in Australia, because he's too likeable.

Mainly because he promotes woke causes. We just want our sportsmen to play and not lecture us on what we are doing wrong. 

1 hour ago, Fozdog said:

Mainly because he promotes woke causes. We just want our sportsmen to play and not lecture us on what we are doing wrong. 

Yeah, it's truly a great, unchanging world when everyone knows their place and stays in their lane... isn't it?

• Like 3

All the talk about the aussies being negative is trying to tempt them unto being more erratic. 

More often than not Cummins and Lyon don't play an innings like that and England win so I can see why they aren't too worried. Worrying thing is the aussies won that without playing that well. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 hours ago, Fozdog said:

I mean he believes climate change is real which really upsets some people.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 hours ago, Corky said:

Mouthy twats Hayden and Ponting moaning about mouthy twat Robinson is amusing.

Apparently because he doesn't bowl that quick, which is odd because he bowls about the same pace as Boland.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Its funny i thought the england players would be very deflated after losing but they didn't seem to be at all, we had them at 227/8 and we still couldnt win.  So I'm not surprised someones come out and said this.  Its that lack of ruthlessness that concerns me, i just cant see the Aussies not winning if they had us in a similiar position.

Like 4 years ago? I think that's the first match the Aussies have won in a game that came down to 50 runs or 2 wickets. They're very good at steam rollering teams but less so in tight games, with Tuesday being the exception.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

Rehan has been added to the test squad. 

Can't do any worse than Moeen, although I'd still be hesitant as much as I love him, Australia are going to go after him and his first class record isn't great, without his test in Pakistan his average is in the 40s

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I know nothing about cricket, but based on that first test. I thought Root looked more dangerous than Alli when he was bowling.

Ali had a blister on his spinning finger which was a nightmare. Ideally we find a new, world class spinner.