Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

13 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Gutted with that Smith review working out for him. These on-drives he's playing make your eyes feel like they're being sliced with a cheese grater. Yuck.

Wonder what the sound was. But clear daylight and Smith knew instantly. 

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I'm going to keep saying this, the results haven't been that bad either.

It's great that we've beaten the likes of Ireland and Pakistan but it's the Ashes that really matters.

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'm going to keep saying this, the results haven't been that bad either.

Those results are not relevant now, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing them up. They should be playing to beat Australia, not an under-strength New Zealand, India who often shit the bed in England, in a one-off Test, or Pakistan who are significantly lower in the rankings than us.

They've lost 2 of the last 3 Tests and only beaten Ireland so actually the most recent results have been bad.

Stoke indiscipline again costing England…No excuse for NBs

No fking excuse repeating it…and not finding your stride…

English bowlers proving they are „still“. 2nd to anything Australia can select.

There will be, could have,sad stories from the English camp,but Australia will always win…Bazball hides the same fact…English cricketers,have only a

short mindset-discipline. And 3rd bowlers can’t bowl to a set pattern…

FFs if you can’t strut your own stuff & sell that package of „watch me“…in the end,you get caught out…

These 2 batters set for a big big score….( hoping after typing this we have took a wkt)

Lets not play down previous results just because it might not be working now. They've been some great results in the last couple of years 

Australia are the best team in the world and its only the second session. Yet we are being written off. Irony being cricket fans have no patience at all lol 

Worried our bowlers won't be good enough unless the ball is moving everywhere and proving right so far. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It's great that we've beaten the likes of Ireland and Pakistan but it's the Ashes that really matters.

Beaten Pakistan in a whitewash and won more Tests in one tour than in all the previous tours combined? Beaten the Saffers at home and NZ away too?

Nah, the Ashes may be the most important event, but with respect that just sounds like a two week tennis fan who thinks Wimbledon is the be-all and end-all of the tennis calendar. Which surprises me as I know you pay more than a passing interest in the England cricket team.

13 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Those results are not relevant now, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing them up. They should be playing to beat Australia, not an under-strength New Zealand, India who often shit the bed in England, in a one-off Test, or Pakistan who are significantly lower in the rankings than us.

They've lost 2 of the last 3 Tests and only beaten Ireland so actually the most recent results have been bad.

If that's true then no previous results are relevant to a current series, and that's rather absurd.

I keep bringing up that record because it shows rather clearly in black and white that England have passed all the tests presented to them using it so far. Yes, this is the sternest test yet and it's not necessarily going well right now, but pardon me for not joining the reactionary chorus baying for change after a Test narrowly lost and barely a days play of the second one.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

How does all the injury stuff work these days?

If Pope is crocked do we get to bring one of the two sub fielders in? 

If so it could be Rehan to the rescue at this rate, need a spinner lol 

A guess another point to make is that is there another approach that would actually be better suited to taking on this very good Australian team?

Because by-the-numbers percentage classic Test style will see us whitewashed against them, they're just better at it. The only way to beat them is to get ahead of them mentally.

17 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Beaten Pakistan in a whitewash and won more Tests in one tour than in all the previous tours combined? Beaten the Saffers at home and NZ away too?

Nah, the Ashes may be the most important event, but with respect that just sounds like a two week tennis fan who thinks Wimbledon is the be-all and end-all of the tennis calendar. Which surprises me as I know you pay more than a passing interest in the England cricket team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Bazball. It's refreshing to see and the last 12 months have been great viewing - I've enjoyed it. Yet here we are again shitting our pants against Australia.

Of course the Ashes is the be-all and end-all of the cricket calendar if you're a test cricket fan. It's the Ashes series' that are remembered and go down in history. It's the one that really matters so I make no apology for putting the Ashes on a pedestal.

FWIW, I still think we can win the series. Just a disappointing start - again.

KP slagging of the England players for being too nice and chatting to the Aussies.

Says the man who was texting England's tactics to his SA mates. Twat.

Wardy just called him out on it lol

Edited by Izzy

19 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Bazball. It's refreshing to see and the last 12 months have been great viewing - I've enjoyed it. Yet here we are again shitting our pants against Australia.

Of course the Ashes is the be-all and end-all of the cricket calendar if you're a test cricket fan. It's the Ashes series' that are remembered and go down in history. It's the one that really matters so I make no apology for putting the Ashes on a pedestal.

FWIW, I still think we can win the series. Just a disappointing start - again.

That's fair enough.

Speaking personally, I'm going to wait a while before passing judgement.