Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

Robinson was lead up,and around the garden path today…he was conned.

Stokes was given no control except from Anderson,and Stokes himself set no example…poor lengths and delivery bowling…What can you do…Same old same ol.

bazbal new word same crap.Aussies know how to misuse it…

Says it all when Root is the one making the break through!

They will be looking for 400/450 probably.

Who is to say we won’t do the same ?

Sure we will be wise in our batting but doubt the tactics will be much different  or play for a draw !

Edited by Super_horns

7 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Says it all when Root is the one making the break through!

They will be looking for 400/450 probably.

Who is to say we won’t do the same ?

Sure we will be wise in our batting but doubt the tactics will be much different  or play for a draw !

I was thinking about this yesterday. We will potentially get what they get half the time. Leaving them to have another two days to bat and set a big total. 

10 hours ago, Lionator said:

5 tests should be at Edgbaston, OT, TB, Headingley and Oval. Forget Lords, nobody likes it apart from rich old men with dodgy internet search histories. Would anyone seriously miss it?

Said exactly the same to my dad last night not to mention the Aussies record against us at Lords in the Ashes. They'll never do it but I'd love for Lords to be swapped out for Trent Bridge or another.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lionator said:

Also while we’re on the topic of soulless relics of a bygone era, Vaughan and KP can get in the bin with their criticisms of England today. Apparently chatting to the Aussie’s made us crap? What about the Aussie’s chatting to us? 

Rich coming from him 

Edited by Manini

Lords pitches are often very bland as well I find, added to the fact they don’t tend to spin much either. I’d much rather TB got a regular spot in the Ashes, fantastic place to watch cricket, but the games always seem to be interesting there too. 

Does anyone else think it's kind of unacceptable for the team mentality to be having fun over winning? 

I mean how are they able to even decide that? They are paid massive amounts of money because they are the supposed best players in the country and the fans rightfully expect elite levels of performance and against the Aussies a winning mentality. 

I'm sorry but the lack of discipline on the pitch is borne out of this wishy washy bollocks about having fun over winning. 

Ashes tickets are expensive, I expect us to be more switched on 

1 hour ago, SickoDicko said:

Said exactly the same to my dad last night not to mention the Aussies record against us at Lords in the Ashes. They'll never do it but I'd love for Lords to be swapped out for Trent Bridge or another.

Yeah but it’s the “home of cricket” apparently. Balls. People say about the atmosphere. Again, balls. More atmosphere at the Etihad. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeah but it’s the “home of cricket” apparently. Balls. People say about the atmosphere. Again, balls. More atmosphere at the Etihad. 

Always makes me laugh when people go on about "the Lord's hum" as if it's like the Hampden Roar from decades ago. What you really mean is a bunch of toffs who are there to be seen braying to each other about anything other than the sport they fake an interest in for one day a year.

Contrast that to the Hollies, which I reckon is louder than any football end in this country celebrating a goal when it's celebrating a wicket.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Does anyone else think it's kind of unacceptable for the team mentality to be having fun over winning? 

I mean how are they able to even decide that? They are paid massive amounts of money because they are the supposed best players in the country and the fans rightfully expect elite levels of performance and against the Aussies a winning mentality. 

I'm sorry but the lack of discipline on the pitch is borne out of this wishy washy bollocks about having fun over winning. 

Ashes tickets are expensive, I expect us to be more switched on 

I've got no issue with the attacking way England are playing their cricket, but there is no excuse for the ill discipline/lack of adherence to basic skills. You can still look to score quickly, make risky declarations, set attacking fields etc etc without bowling a stupid number of no balls or continually shelling chances in the field.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, martyn said:

I've got no issue with the attacking way England are playing their cricket, but there is no excuse for the ill discipline/lack of adherence to basic skills. You can still look to score quickly, make risky declarations, set attacking fields etc etc without bowling a stupid number of no balls or continually shelling chances in the field.

Yep, I have no issue with attacking cricket. But the whole fun over winning mentality is not acceptable at this level of the game. 

It's not park cricket. You can't have accountability with that attitude. 

Yeah, high level sport is a results business above all else and that is what this team should and will be judged on.

Speaking personally, however, I think they still have a fair bit of credit in the bank on that score. Of course, lose this series heavily and more questions may need to be answered.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Always makes me laugh when people go on about "the Lord's hum" as if it's like the Hampden Roar from decades ago. What you really mean is a bunch of toffs who are there to be seen braying to each other about anything other than the sport they fake an interest in for one day a year.

Contrast that to the Hollies, which I reckon is louder than any football end in this country celebrating a goal when it's celebrating a wicket.

Hollies, Western Terrace. Superb stadia. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Heard Harmison on the radio say that when you walk through the Long Room at Lords. you have to literally ask the members to move out of the way for you. 

Rude, entitled arseholes. That’s all they are. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Probably a bit like Club Wembley .

Are they there for the sport or mainly the VIP treatment?

It’s nothing like club Wembley. This takes it to a whole new level. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

What's a total you'd be comfortable chasing on this ground? And how much would they have to score to make you anxious? 

Ideally you want to keep them under 400. Anything 450+ puts them right in the box seat. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lionator said:

Also while we’re on the topic of soulless relics of a bygone era, Vaughan and KP can get in the bin with their criticisms of England today. Apparently chatting to the Aussie’s made us crap? What about the Aussie’s chatting to us? 

Vaughan is a raging willy puller and KP has absolutely no charisma to go with his arrogance. Why you'd put either on comms I've no idea. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What's a total you'd be comfortable chasing on this ground? And how much would they have to score to make you anxious? 

Sub 400 would be a result considering how comfortable Australia looked at times yesterday. I definitely think they’ll be disappointed if they don’t post 450+ considering the situation they found themselves in last night. Steve Smith has a big say in all of this yet though whilst he’s still batting. 

Edited by Manini